Bengals - Over/Under 10.5 wins?

How many wins for the Bengals?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins for the Bengals?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Cincy losing the first 2, but winning the next 2. With 1/4 the seaon over sitting at 2-2.

Losing to the Ravens at home, with the Ravens missing 3/4th of their starting secondary? Not to mention the fact that Palmer has owned Baltimore his entire career...

I could see 1-1, but would be utterly shocked if they started 0-2.

Losing to the Ravens at home, with the Ravens missing 3/4th of their starting secondary? Not to mention the fact that Palmer has owned Baltimore his entire career...

I could see 1-1, but would be utterly shocked if they started 0-2.

Missing 3/4th of their secondary right now. I think the Ravens are a better team, so it wouldn't shock me at all to see Cincy start 0-2.

Missing 3/4th of their secondary right now. I think the Ravens are a better team, so it wouldn't shock me at all to see Cincy start 0-2.

Ed Reed is out for at least the first 6 weeks. Dominique Foxworth is out also, right? And I seem to remember some people saying that the Ravens weren't very good last year. What have they done to get better defensively?

I went out on a limb and went with the over. I get sucked in to preseason hype every season. I am just not buying in to the Ravens. The Browns couldn't win the Big 10. I see a split with the Steelers. It all hinges on the first game. The Bengals should have won 11 last season and I feel that Carson will have a good season and that T.O. will provide an emotional lift.

Discounting Pittsburgh. That's what I like to hear. I think the Bengals lose the opener, and if that happens, the house of cards may crumble right out of the gate. It will be interesting.

No one should be discounting Pitt, but the same thing was said last year before the Denver game, which we all know the Bengals lost in brutal fashion, yet they bounced back pretty good. They dealt with the death of Mrs. Zimmer and Chris Henry and were still able to win the division so don't discount this team's resiliency

I like Cincy and P'burgh better than Baltimore because I like their defenses better. I think the Ravens D has slipped and I don't see them getting back to being elite. Perhaps they can buck conventional trend and win the North with offense, but I'm skeptical. This division has generally been won with D. That's the reason why I like the Bengals. This team isn't the Colts-lite group of the past that had to outscore you. They swept the division last year because they were the most physical team. They won those six games by an average score of 19-13. They finallly have a team that's built for AFC North football. They're a little harder to write off and a little easier to like for that reason, at least for me.

No one should be discounting Pitt, but the same thing was said last year before the Denver game, which we all know the Bengals lost in brutal fashion, yet they bounced back pretty good. They dealt with the death of Mrs. Zimmer and Chris Henry and were still able to win the division so don't discount this team's resiliency

I agree. The season doesn't hinge on one game. I also wouldn't consider building around a physical defense and smash mouth running game a house of cards. It looks to me as if they finally opened their eyes and followed the blueprint for success in the AFC North that's been on display for the past decade in Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

Ed Reed is out for at least the first 6 weeks. Dominique Foxworth is out also, right? And I seem to remember some people saying that the Ravens weren't very good last year. What have they done to get better defensively?

I asked the same question? Although they were top 5 Defense last season. Secondary is iffy.IMO

• 4 months later...