Calling all Highlands football historians...

jbwill2

So has anyone found the records of the 2 games I mentioned with the Admirals. I was pretty certain they were "Bowl" games.

I don't have any records, but we did travel to Montgomery County iin '77 for a Rec bowl game vs. Danville.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any records, but we did travel to Montgomery County iin '77 for a Rec bowl game vs. Danville.

I think I recall Danville winning something like 13-7 behind Chris Jones. Those Ads were upset by Shelby County in the Regional Final on a blocked punt if memory serves.

I think I recall Danville winning something like 13-7 behind Chris Jones. Those Ads were upset by Shelby County in the Regional Final on a blocked punt if memory serves.

In 1977, Highlands lost to Danville 14-10 in the opening week of the season.

There was a thoroughbred bowl in 90 or 91 against Bell County that Highlands lost. Dont know the score, but I believe the game was forfeited by Bell County after the season for playing an illegal player

In 1991 Highlands lost to Bell County on the field, 22-21, but BC later forfeited the game, thus resulting in a 1-0 HHS win. So, that was a Thoroughbred Bowl?

1992: HHS 25 PT 19

1993: HHS 7 BC 10

How about 1994: Highands beat PT 26-6 in the first game of the season... would this have been in either the Recreation or Thoroughbred Bowls?

Also, in 1990 Highlands played Corbin in the first week (winning 27-14) and played Belfry in the second game (losing 38-7)... were either of these bowl games?

Not a Bluebird historian by any means but if memory serves the Birds played the Danville Admirals in First of the Season Bowls.

1977 Rec Bowl (?) Danville beat HHS something like 13-7 I think. Chris Jones was on the Danville squad.

1987 (? sometime in there) Danville played them again in maybe Throughbred Bowl. I think Ads won that one as well.

In 1977, it was Danville 14 HHS 10.

In 1987, it was Danville 27 HHS 18.