Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1A Outlook for 2010

Featured Replies

What are the expectations for 1A this year? What teams are going to do well? What teams are going to fall out of contention early?

  • Replies 64
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

From the west I see a potential match up between Mayfield and Beechwood. I can't see how either one of these teams won't be there.

 

In the east I have to say that Hazard is going to have a pretty clean shot at the finals. LCA has had coaching trouble and has graduated a "One team of a lifetime".

 

I think Frankfort is going to have a down year, I don't see them contending.

 

Some unknowns: Fairview has some new found talent from Huntington, West "By God" Virginia. Raceland has been reported to be young by some of their fans. Is Pikeville going to have a better year this year? Who is going to play Hazard in the Semi-Finals?

From the west I see a potential match up between Mayfield and Beechwood. I can't see how either one of these teams won't be there.

 

In the east I have to say that Hazard is going to have a pretty clean shot at the finals. LCA has had coaching trouble and has graduated a "One team of a lifetime".

 

I think Frankfort is going to have a down year, I don't see them contending.

 

Some unknowns: Fairview has some new found talent from Huntington, West "By God" Virginia. Raceland has been reported to be young by some of their fans. Is Pikeville going to have a better year this year? Who is going to play Hazard in the Semi-Finals?

 

I think you are on target with most of this.

 

I still expect LCA to be good. They have one of the best linemen in the state in any class in the West kid and they are a 2A size school playing in 1A. Do not count them out at all.

 

I would like to hear why you think Frankfort will be down. They seemed to hang in there very well through a lot of injuries and issues last year and they have been a solid program for a while.

 

IMO, Mayfield is the prohibitive favorite this year, much like LCA was last year. But anything can happen in 1A. A couple of key injuries and the depth is not there to cover.

I think you are on target with most of this.

 

I still expect LCA to be good. They have one of the best linemen in the state in any class in the West kid and they are a 2A size school playing in 1A. Do not count them out at all.

 

I would like to hear why you think Frankfort will be down. They seemed to hang in there very well through a lot of injuries and issues last year and they have been a solid program for a while.

 

IMO, Mayfield is the prohibitive favorite this year, much like LCA was last year. But anything can happen in 1A. A couple of key injuries and the depth is not there to cover.

 

I hate to disagree VOR ... but ... Mayfield is definitely not a "prohibitive" favorite.

They are the overwhelming favorite.

From the west I see a potential match up between Mayfield and Beechwood. I can't see how either one of these teams won't be there.

 

In the east I have to say that Hazard is going to have a pretty clean shot at the finals. LCA has had coaching trouble and has graduated a "One team of a lifetime".

 

I think Frankfort is going to have a down year, I don't see them contending.

 

Some unknowns: Fairview has some new found talent from Huntington, West "By God" Virginia. Raceland has been reported to be young by some of their fans. Is Pikeville going to have a better year this year? Who is going to play Hazard in the Semi-Finals?

 

Like VOR, I agree with some of what you have here, but I have to question some of it.

 

I think the West is between Mayfield and Beechwood, I think it's too close to call a favorite in that one. I would agree that Hazard is the favorite in the East, but I have to disagree with LCA not competing. They are a big 1A school with some talent. As good as last year? No. But, they do have some good players coming back. I think Hazards opponent will be the winner of LCA/Raceland. Fairview does have to new guys, I don't know what kind of difference they will make yet.

 

Frankfort always has talent, unless you know something I don't. I don't think they will beat Beechwood, but they will be playing several games in the playoffs. Raceland is questionable to the outsiders, and I understand why. They have some new starters to get ready. But, they also have some experience at key positions. How far Raceland goes is dependent on how well the new starters mature.

I hate to disagree VOR ... but ... Mayfield is definitely not a "prohibitive" favorite.

They are the overwhelming favorite.

 

Which one is the bigger favorite - prohibitive or overwhelming? Whichever of those two makes them the bigger favortie, that's the one I go with.

Does anyone have any information about District 6 (Berea, Campbellsville, Clinton County, Lynn Camp, Williamsburg)?

Which one is the bigger favorite - prohibitive or overwhelming? Whichever of those two makes them the bigger favortie, that's the one I go with.

 

Ha, ha ... okay ... we are speaking the same language!!!

I don't know how good Frankfort will be this season. I do know they have a bunch of experience back. Due to last season injuries a lot of kids got thrown into the fire and gained experience. I due know depth will be an issue like always at Frankfort. They lost 3 starters on offense. Like I said I don't know how good they will be, but I wouldn't count them out.

  • Author
I hate to disagree VOR ... but ... Mayfield is definitely not a "prohibitive" favorite.

They are the overwhelming favorite.

 

I think you all are sandbagging big time. I remember last year people saying that Beechwood had "a great Sophomore and Junior class", and that "if someone was going to beat them, last year was the year". Just come out and say it, Beechwood is expecting to win the State Championship this year.

  • Author
Like VOR, I agree with some of what you have here, but I have to question some of it.

 

I think the West is between Mayfield and Beechwood, I think it's too close to call a favorite in that one. I would agree that Hazard is the favorite in the East, but I have to disagree with LCA not competing. They are a big 1A school with some talent. As good as last year? No. But, they do have some good players coming back. I think Hazards opponent will be the winner of LCA/Raceland. Fairview does have to new guys, I don't know what kind of difference they will make yet.

 

Frankfort always has talent, unless you know something I don't. I don't think they will beat Beechwood, but they will be playing several games in the playoffs. Raceland is questionable to the outsiders, and I understand why. They have some new starters to get ready. But, they also have some experience at key positions. How far Raceland goes is dependent on how well the new starters mature.

 

Come on Ram, LCA is not going to be anywhere near last year. I saw their JV once last year, and they were OK, but not great. Frankfort may be above most schools, but not good enough to beat Beechwood.

 

Doesn't Raceland have their QB back this year?

  • Author
Does anyone have any information about District 6 (Berea, Campbellsville, Clinton County, Lynn Camp, Williamsburg)?

 

I have some information - not good.

Come on Ram, LCA is not going to be anywhere near last year. I saw their JV once last year, and they were OK, but not great. Frankfort may be above most schools, but not good enough to beat Beechwood.

 

Doesn't Raceland have their QB back this year?

 

No, LCA is not going to be as good as last year. I said that in my post. But, they will be above average at the least. I don't know if Frankfort will beat Beechwood or not, but I bet they have the chance. Yes, Raceland does return their QB - Tyler Farley - he threw for 2,000 yards last year. We do return some experience, just some holes to fill.

Does anyone have any information about District 6 (Berea, Campbellsville, Clinton County, Lynn Camp, Williamsburg)?[/quotel

 

Well, judging by the comment by BH, District 6 just needs to wait around for basketball.......:rolleyes:

 

C'ville could cause a lot of problems for many teams due to the changes in the off season. Athletes seem to show up every year that can get things done. I believe they have to replace the QB this year, so that could be interesting.

 

The Burg could be facing a rebuilding year, but their offense is still hard to play against. Have to replace Moses and more. Easier said than done.

 

Clinton continues to improve, as does Berea. One of these could easily be the suprise team in the district. Both were competitive last season. I see no reason for them to step back.

 

Lynn Camp still has some questions to answer, but they do resemble some of the smash mouth teams they have fielded in the past. Good QB in Black, 4 or 5 kids that can move the ball out of the backfield. Most of the questions for the Cats involve line play.

 

The district could provide a darkhorse this season and should be entertaining as it plays out.

I think LCA and Mayfield will be a rematch from 2009. LCA is to the point that they'll reload and have the numbers to do so and the Cards return 8 starters on both sides of the ball from a 13-2 team. Beechwood should be the biggest challenger from the west with Hazard being the top contender from the east. Hazard returns alot and LCA won't be quite as strong, so, it could go either way, but, I like the depth advantage LCA has on most all 1a teams that'll get them back to state. I give the Tigers of Beechwood a legitimate shot, as well, mainly because if they do happen to meet the Cards in the semi's, they'll have homefield advantage, which could be huge, considering the distance...With all that said, I still think the Top 2 teams will be there again in 2010 and I think with a different outcome...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.