Florida Gators & OL being investigated by NCAA for possible violations

MountainThunder

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, I forgot that a UK player took 100,000 dollars from an agent.

Not a UK player but a Cal player named Marcus Camby did. And all the UK fans scream up and down about how you can't blame Calipari for either of the final fours being vacated.

Not a UK player but a Cal player named Marcus Camby did. And all the UK fans scream up and down about how you can't blame Calipari for either of the final fours being vacated.

I think most sensible people realize the coach and AD are responsible, but it is nearly impossible to police such incidents. Anyone that disagrees with either of those statements aren't very sensible IMHO.

I think most sensible people realize the coach and AD are responsible, but it is nearly impossible to police such incidents. Anyone that disagrees with either of those statements aren't very sensible IMHO.

Agreed, it's hard to watch them 24/7 and it's hard to know who every person they hang around is who monitor every phone call they get. I mean players phone numbers leak all the time. Think Cousins and JJ Reddicks leaked constantly while he was at Duke. I read once he had had 6 different cell phone numbers in 1 year.

A player wants to travel/go to an event needs to check with his staff. Alabama has a guy who speaks to all the players/recruits/parents about agents and what to look out for. Warning signs and the so forth.

We just got thru some stuff we call "bookgate" and had a kid who misses the Sugar Bowl with some dealings. We are really frustrated. I hate to see any kid miss a chance to play.

Undefeated!!! :dancingpa :lol:

I was thinking about that yesterday. At some point you would think the beating would be so bad they would award Florida with a few points instead of 0. :D

Again, this always gets back to vacating wins. What point does it really serve? Nobody is ever going to say, "UC beat ____ to capture the Sugar Bowl in 2010."

I was thinking about that yesterday. At some point you would think the beating would be so bad they would award Florida with a few points instead of 0. :D

Again, this always gets back to vacating wins. What point does it really serve? Nobody is ever going to say, "UC beat ____ to capture the Sugar Bowl in 2010."

The player in question was involved on every offensive play. ZERO... :banana:

Agreed, it's hard to watch them 24/7 and it's hard to know who every person they hang around is who monitor every phone call they get. I mean players phone numbers leak all the time. Think Cousins and JJ Reddicks leaked constantly while he was at Duke. I read once he had had 6 different cell phone numbers in 1 year.

I guess the hard part is proving "what does the coach or the adminstration know". It's tough and you are exactly right about how accesible they are.

And Im not blaming Urban Meyer either. You cant possibly know what every player is doing all the time.