Buying a New Car

malachicrunch

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. drove great. Best mpg, and best warranty. 274 hp turbo is due soon. That one still gets 34 hwy. Strong contender for sure.

My neighbor got a brand new black Sonota with nice wheels. It looks like a much more expensive car than it is. Add in that Hyundai scores very high every year in consumer ratings and its hard to beat. What's the price difference between it and the Accord?

rendering-2010-hyundai-sonata-yf-2.jpg

I've always been a Toyota guy ('87 Tercel, '90 Celica, '00 Corolla) but since the wife bought her 2002 Hyundai Elantra I've become a fan of their brand. We have had zero problems, just went over 100K and for the price they are hard to beat. If I were to purchase a car it would be down to these: Camry, Accord, Sonata, Malibu or Fusion. I love the looks of the new Sonata and I agree with Clyde, they look more expensive than the tag suggests. The wife is on a new car kick, and I always have to knock her down to reality. She really wants a CRV/Rav4, and I told her today, you are going to drive that Hyundai until the wheels fall off. I don't think that went down too well but I just can't justify spending 300 pluss a month on a vehicle. Good luck and keep us updated.

I bought my 2000 Honda Accord brand new and I still drive it. I have probably only put $2000 into this car and that is for standard oil changes, tuneups, brakes and I had to replace the bearings when it only had 40,000 miles which was rather unusual but the only real cost to this vehicle.

I love Hondas and I can hook you up with a local guy who is a Honda Mechanic (25 yrs) and does work out of his home garage. i have been going to him for 20 yrs and he is dirt cheap.

Mrs C and I always rent a car for a weekend and drive it around a bunch. Usually we'll take a weekend trip up to Chicago or something and put a few miles on it to see if we like it. Weekend rates are pretty cheap. $100 for a weekend. You'll find out if you like it then. Narrow your choice down to the 2 you like best, and then do a little real driving in it. You're going to be paying for it for a while, best to make sure you like it.

We bought a Caddy two years ago and we love it. Check them out but stay away from the Northstar V-8. It is way too fast. And it loves the gas.

Love the CTS, but I have to able to go in the snow. Probably don't won't to drop that much cash on a vehicle anyway.

SRX all wheel drive. Thats what we have. But we don't get a lot of snow. Check out some 07/08/09s Cars.com

Great ride. I really need for it to be new. I could do an 09, but that would be one less year I have until I would have to turn it over again.

Drove an Altima today. 2.5 4 cyl. I really liked the car. One concern my wife had was the interior. The armrests were covered in a material that was sort of like suede. Concern was about wear. The doors also had a panel that was carpeted. Not too sure about that either. So the search goes on.