Which Ex-Cat had the best draft?

Which of the 5 Cats drafted will be walking into the best overall situation for them? Who will flourish and who will flop? And why?

Wall to Washington

Cousins to Sacramento

Patterson to Houston

Bledsoe to Oklahoma City (traded to LA Clippers)

Orton to Orlando

I really think that Patterson is in the best situation at least at the moment. The Rockets should definitely be a playoff team if Yao can stay healthy this year. Plus, I'm sure it is nice for him to play with another UK fan favorite Chuck Hayes.

I also feel like Orton is in a great situation as well. He's only going to continue to get better battling with Dwight Howard during practice and it certainly doesn't help having Patrick Ewing as your big man coach. I think he could learn a lot from both.

Wasn't Bledsoe traded to the Clippers on draft night? If so, I hate that for him, its like a blackhole and I hope that he can get out of there. If he is still in OKC, I think that is a pretty good spot for him.

If Gilbert Arenas is gone, Wall could be walking into a better picture than anyone. He would walk right in to be the leader of the Wizards, face of the franchise, and any improvement on the team will be seen as his.

Cousins was on the front page of the Kings website. I mean he completely covered the whole web page. I think he is in the best situation right now, even though they just traded for Dalembert and will have some competition in the post position.

The Kings really wanted Cousins and were hoping he fell to him. It appears they want to make him the face of their franchise, Big Cuz definitely has enough personality to be a great face of a franchise. I loved his time emotion and passion at UK.

IF some guards get traded out of Washington then I would have to put Wall's situation about Cousins.

They all ended up in perfect spots IMO.

Wall is the face of the Wizards. They are rebuilding, Arenas will move off the ball and will provide a nice player to score so Wall doesn't have to do everything. Plus they will have some cap space in the upcoming years to add a nice player or two.

Cousins gets to play with one of the best young guards in the league, and gets to play with some other decent bigs who can help him out but not steal his minutes in Landry and Dalembert.

Patterson is a perfect match for the Rockets IMO.

Bledsoe is going to a great situation believe it or not. The Clippers have some talent. Baron Davis will be a great mentor for Bledsoe, Kaman isn't that old, and Griffin and Gordon are nice young players he can grow with.

Orton gets to practice against the best Big man in the league. He gets coached by one of the best coaches in the league. He will get even more coaching from one of the best big men to ever play in the league in Ewing.

Realistically none of them could have hoped for better situations IMO.

Bledsoe is going to a great situation believe it or not. The Clippers have some talent. Baron Davis will be a great mentor for Bledsoe

I always heard and thought that Baron Davis was more of a "me" player, and because of that I don't really see him doing a whole lot of mentoring for Bledsoe.

Cousins was on the front page of the Kings website. I mean he completely covered the whole web page. I think he is in the best situation right now, even though they just traded for Dalembert and will have some competition in the post position.

The Kings really wanted Cousins and were hoping he fell to him. It appears they want to make him the face of their franchise, Big Cuz definitely has enough personality to be a great face of a franchise. I loved his time emotion and passion at UK.

IF some guards get traded out of Washington then I would have to put Wall's situation about Cousins.

If Dalembert is "competition" for Cousins, then the Kings really screwed up using the #5 pick on him. :lol:

I always heard and thought that Baron Davis was more of a "me" player, and because of that I don't really see him doing a whole lot of mentoring for Bledsoe.

Really? I don't see him like that at all. He may have trouble being motivated from time to time, but he seems to be a decent team guy. He's had some good runs with the Hornets and Warriors in his day. I think he just shoots alot for a PG which makes him seem selfish.

Yeah I don't see Baron as that type of guy really. Hes not really one to lookup to IMO.

I think Dalembert is more of a salary dump kind of thing. Dalembert comes off the cap next year.

I just feel like LAC is a blackhole.

In my opinion, this season will be a great one for the Clippers. They have cap space to sign a big-time SF. If they are able to get someone like Rudy Gay, they would have a starting five of Davis/EGordon/Gay/Griffin/Kaman, with Bledsoe, Aminu, Jordan, etc coming off the bench. I think Bledsoe has a great opportunity to make a big name for himself in LA.