Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone County 3 Dixie 1

Featured Replies

Why didn't Max start his ace pitcher in the biggest game of the season when he was available?

 

True but you also have to ask the question if Brice pitches does he give up more than 1 run. Because if he does then Dixie still loses. Cant win very many games at all scoring 1run.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

True but you also have to ask the question if Brice pitches does he give up more than 1 run. Because if he does then Dixie still loses. Cant win very many games at all scoring 1run.

 

I don't play the "if" game when it comes to the region title.

 

Here's what we know.

 

He's the most dominant pitcher in the 9th.

 

He strikes out a lot of batters, thus, less balls put in play for there to be errors.

 

Did I mention he's the #1 pitcher in the 9th?

 

I doubt he was hurt since he relieved.

 

If the issue is he had to come in yesterday against Conner then you have to ask why you didn't pitch your #2 or #3 against Conner and potentially not need Smallwood to close it out?

 

As I've often said my next victory as a varsity manager will be my first but this confuses me.

I don't play the "if" game when it comes to the region title.

 

Here's what we know.

 

He's the most dominant pitcher in the 9th.

 

He strikes out a lot of batters, thus, less balls put in play for there to be errors.

 

Did I mention he's the #1 pitcher in the 9th?

 

I doubt he was hurt since he relieved.

 

If the issue is he had to come in yesterday against Conner then you have to ask why you didn't pitch your #2 or #3 against Conner and potentially not need Smallwood to close it out?

 

As I've often said my next victory as a varsity manager will be my first but this confuses me.

 

I agree 100% with you. It makes no sense at all.

Why didn't Max start his ace pitcher in the biggest game of the season when he was available?

 

That's Max for you. He's been doing it for years.

Teegarden sure has turned in one terrific year on the mound. Not an overpowering pitcher at all, but he certainly gets the job done.

Did your son not make a high school baseball team in NKY this year? Because you never have a good thing to say about a single team up here. Its always "I know..." or "I knew..." Maybe once you get 500 wins like Krumps and Max has then you shouldnt say a word about coaching.

 

Don't have a son. Just know Dixie has had more talent than most and they seem to screw it up all the time. Two years ago, they play the wrong guy at shortstop and he boots two to give CCH the win. The guy who was playing center should've been playing short. Actually, the guy who booted the balls plays center now. Go figure. My whole point is you have your #1 and #2 available and you don't use them is beyond my comprehension. He already was living on the edge yesterday, pitching his #4. I also remember him pitching his number 4 in the districts against either Ludlow or LLoyd and lost in the first game. Nees knows. And by the way, we could look at a whole lot of posts from you or others and see the same thing...."I know... or I knew", so get a life. This is a place people post their opinions. If you take it that seriously, put your real name up rather than sportsfan 99.

Apparently you should be coaching every team in NKY since you have all the answers. Last night it was Krumps, today Max. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they've won a few of these. Maybe it's just a Colonels' thing.

 

Congrats to Boone and good luck in the state tourney. Well done this year. Congrats to Max and his Colonels also on a great year. I was really hoping they'd pull it out. Would have been great to see him get another title.

 

Apparently so!!!! I think you just made your best post thus far on preps:lol:

Don't have a son. Just know Dixie has had more talent than most and they seem to screw it up all the time. Two years ago, they play the wrong guy at shortstop and he boots two to give CCH the win. The guy who was playing center should've been playing short. Actually, the guy who booted the balls plays center now. Go figure. My whole point is you have your #1 and #2 available and you don't use them is beyond my comprehension. He already was living on the edge yesterday, pitching his #4. I also remember him pitching his number 4 in the districts against either Ludlow or LLoyd and lost in the first game. Nees knows. And by the way, we could look at a whole lot of posts from you or others and see the same thing...."I know... or I knew", so get a life. This is a place people post their opinions. If you take it that seriously, put your real name up rather than sportsfan 99.

 

Obviously you follow Dixie baseball because not just any NKY baseball fan would know that the CF today was the SS two years ago so why all the harsh feelings towards the kid and Max? Max and Brice could have known something that nobody else knew and thats why he didnt start today, who knows? Also if Dixie did happen to pull this one out would you still be sitting here dogging on Max or would you be praising him for being such a great decision maker?

I don't play the "if" game when it comes to the region title.

 

Here's what we know.

 

He's the most dominant pitcher in the 9th.

 

He strikes out a lot of batters, thus, less balls put in play for there to be errors.

 

Did I mention he's the #1 pitcher in the 9th?

 

I doubt he was hurt since he relieved.

 

If the issue is he had to come in yesterday against Conner then you have to ask why you didn't pitch your #2 or #3 against Conner and potentially not need Smallwood to close it out?

 

As I've often said my next victory as a varsity manager will be my first but this confuses me.

 

I can't tell you why Max went with Sexton instead of Smallwood but I can tell you Smallwood has a hamstring issue with him right now. Whether or not that is the reason, I don't have the slightest idea. Another reason could be because Brice all season has for the most part had an issue with getting his pitch count too high. He was used for 2 innings in the semi final and I don't know if Max wanted to possibly use him for 9 innings straight (going back to the Conner game).

 

Don't have a son. Just know Dixie has had more talent than most and they seem to screw it up all the time. Two years ago, they play the wrong guy at shortstop and he boots two to give CCH the win. The guy who was playing center should've been playing short. Actually, the guy who booted the balls plays center now. Go figure. My whole point is you have your #1 and #2 available and you don't use them is beyond my comprehension. He already was living on the edge yesterday, pitching his #4. I also remember him pitching his number 4 in the districts against either Ludlow or LLoyd and lost in the first game. Nees knows. And by the way, we could look at a whole lot of posts from you or others and see the same thing...."I know... or I knew", so get a life. This is a place people post their opinions. If you take it that seriously, put your real name up rather than sportsfan 99.

 

1) If you are going to talk about two years ago and you know so much about baseball, then you should also know Cov Cath was the favorite and actually had a better squad that year. You should also know I am a die hard Dixie guy when saying that. There is no reason CCH shouldn't have won the title from 2006-2009.

 

2) You would also know that while the two errors by our SS were big they didn't decide the game. The thing that decided the game, IMHO, was the call at the plate in the 7th inning when our SS made a heck of a decision to come home with the ball and even though Popham tagged the runner 4 feet up the line he was called safe. That was the tying run that sent the game to extras where CCH won.

 

3) And once again if you are so baseball savvy you would know that it was Lloyd back in 2006 when Max threw his number 4 in districts and lost in the first round. However, you would also know that it wasn't the pitcher that cost Dixie that game. It was the error by the third baseman in the 6th inning that allowed Lloyd to get back in the game. Then that Dixie team imploded on themselves and made many mental errors from that point on and lost in 8 innings.

 

 

But then again I guess you are a genius and know everything about baseball so those points are mute I guess. And real quick, how many wins do you have as a varsity head coach? 0? Oh, okay. Thanks.

I can't tell you why Max went with Sexton instead of Smallwood but I can tell you Smallwood has a hamstring issue with him right now. Whether or not that is the reason, I don't have the slightest idea. Another reason could be because Brice all season has for the most part had an issue with getting his pitch count too high. He was used for 2 innings in the semi final and I don't know if Max wanted to possibly use him for 9 innings straight (going back to the Conner game).

 

 

 

1) If you are going to talk about two years ago and you know so much about baseball, then you should also know Cov Cath was the favorite and actually had a better squad that year. You should also know I am a die hard Dixie guy when saying that. There is no reason CCH shouldn't have won the title from 2006-2009.

 

2) You would also know that while the two errors by our SS were big they didn't decide the game. The thing that decided the game, IMHO, was the call at the plate in the 7th inning when our SS made a heck of a decision to come home with the ball and even though Popham tagged the runner 4 feet up the line he was called safe. That was the tying run that sent the game to extras where CCH won.

 

3) And once again if you are so baseball savvy you would know that it was Lloyd back in 2006 when Max threw his number 4 in districts and lost in the first round. However, you would also know that it wasn't the pitcher that cost Dixie that game. It was the error by the third baseman in the 6th inning that allowed Lloyd to get back in the game. Then that Dixie team imploded on themselves and made many mental errors from that point on and lost in 8 innings.

 

 

But then again I guess you are a genius and know everything about baseball so those points are mute I guess. And real quick, how many wins do you have as a varsity head coach? 0? Oh, okay. Thanks.

 

All of this is true, but no coach in the Region gets second guessed as much as Max.

I can't tell you why Max went with Sexton instead of Smallwood but I can tell you Smallwood has a hamstring issue with him right now. Whether or not that is the reason, I don't have the slightest idea. Another reason could be because Brice all season has for the most part had an issue with getting his pitch count too high. He was used for 2 innings in the semi final and I don't know if Max wanted to possibly use him for 9 innings straight (going back to the Conner game).

 

 

Good to know. Those would be valid reasons. However, if the pitch count was the issue I still have to question why Dixie didn't bring in Sexton to close out the Conner game.

Good to know. Those would be valid reasons. However, if the pitch count was the issue I still have to question why Dixie didn't bring in Sexton to close out the Conner game.

 

The Conner game was tied when Smallwood came in. If they brought another pitcher in and they lost, then everyone would say why didn't he bring in Smallwood with the season on the line....right?

Key plays in the game IMO - 1st inning routine grounder to the Dixie 2nd baseman who throws it 10ft off target from 25ft away (Abeling makes that play btw). Gift run # 1

Late in the game Dixie's CF badly misjudges a ball that turns into a double (a routine out if Klei is in CF) Gift run #2

 

Pivotal point in the game (I believe 4th inning) Dixie has runners at 1st and 2nd no outs game tied 1-1 Leon at the plate (Sexton on deck) Where was the bunt? Dixie decides not to bunt and then things unravel during Leon's bat as the runner gets picked off second and Leon hits a line drive bullet that doubles up the runner. A simple bunt on the first pitch and it's probably a different ball game.

I really didn't think Teegarden was going to make it out of the inning as he was losing control of his pitches and looked to be tiring but the dp fired him back up.

The year Robby Mitchell was a senior comes to mind.

 

Dixie lost in the first round of the regionals that year to SK. Robbie didn't throw, because he threw the day before at a Reds tryout. Therefore, he wasn't available. One would think you'd go with your number 2, but Max went with Wuellner who hadn't thrown in over two weeks. The same happened Robbie's junior year where Dixie lost in the first round. Stratton pitched, and he hadn't thrown in over 2 weeks. Both would've been considered #4 or even #5 starters for those squads. Both were solid pitchers though. However in Robbie's senior year, Dixie couldn't hit SK's twin lefty. However SK probably wouldn't have hit Robbie either.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.