Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone County 3 Dixie 1

Featured Replies

If anyone even has to think twice about CovCath being the best team the past 2 years before this season they're crazy. It was not even close. They were a combined something like 61-12 with about half of their loses coming from teams outside of the 9th region. That's absurd. Boone, unless they win out, will end up this year with as many loses as CCH did in 2 years.

 

Anyways, congrats to Boone on a well played tournament.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess the two loses to Holy Cross in the same region and loses to St. Henry and Scott, two power houses, don't count. It's amazing how people can't see things as they really are and just because they wear blue it makes them better. It's pretty clear the last couple of classes at Cov Cath are down. You can see it in football and basketball as well.

I guess the two loses to Holy Cross in the same region and loses to St. Henry and Scott, two power houses, don't count. It's amazing how people can't see things as they really are and just because they wear blue it makes them better. It's pretty clear the last couple of classes at Cov Cath are down. You can see it in football and basketball as well.

 

Did you miss the point or did I? The references about CCH is about the last couple years, not this year. They were clearly not close to the team this year as last. The 2009 and 2008 teams were the best teams in the 9th each year. This is baseball and the best team does not always win. A very wise man I know always says " You only have to beat them once"

In my opinion the best team is the one that wins the region plain and simple. Boone is the best in 2010, Beechwood was in 2009. The excuses and matchups and number of wins are all cover ups for not having won the region. Krumps and CCH's goal is to win the region. The Colonels would gladly trade the regular season and other tournament wins for winning the region and the chance to play down state. The rest is stuff you tell the kids to make them feel better about themselves.

 

CCH is always a contender and I am not knocking the program at all, but to say they have been the best the past couple of seasons is simply not true.

I'm not a Cov Cath fan by any measure but in 2008 and 2009 they were clearly the best team. But on a one and out tourney anything can happen. If the Regional's were a two and out I don't think Cov Cath would have lost those two years. I'm sure if you asked Myeroff he would agree Cov Cath was the best team last year but he knows the best team doesn't always win.

I will debate that I know quite a bit more about baseball than you. Probably have forgot more than you know. CCH was not even in the top 4 teams. Actually other than the fact that they are very well schooled and coached their talent was way down. They were not very good at all.

 

And I will debate that right back at you. If you paid attention to the conversation, you would see that nobody said CCH was top 4 team this year. We are talking about the previous years and how the best team doesn't always win. So please try to keep up.

 

I don't think anyone on here would debate with you on the 2009 regional final, (although Beechwood had many talented players), 2008 might be debatable, but in 2007 the facts just don't support your opinion at all. Ryle's overall record was 34-7, CCH was 29-10. They played the same competition, even playing in some of the same tournaments both locally and down state. Ryle won the NKAC championship outright. The teams played each other three times during the regular season with Ryle winning 2 of the 3 games. While the first two were close, the last game Ryle won by a score of 7-0, also solidifying their overall regular season number one ranking in the NKY coaches poll. Oh, and the fourth meeting........... well they won that one too! Yes, any team can win a single game in a season, but that was not the case in 2007 and therefore the team that won the region was the best.

 

I stand corrected. :thumb:

 

I guess the two loses to Holy Cross in the same region and loses to St. Henry and Scott, two power houses, don't count. It's amazing how people can't see things as they really are and just because they wear blue it makes them better. It's pretty clear the last couple of classes at Cov Cath are down. You can see it in football and basketball as well.

 

Once again we are referring to the past seasons and not the current season. And btw I don't wear blue, I wear red. I just give credit where credit is due.

I guess the two loses to Holy Cross in the same region and loses to St. Henry and Scott, two power houses, don't count. It's amazing how people can't see things as they really are and just because they wear blue it makes them better. It's pretty clear the last couple of classes at Cov Cath are down. You can see it in football and basketball as well.

 

Before I comment I would like to say that I am a St. Henry grad, played baseball all four years, and my senior year Cov Cath killed us. Just destroyed us, so to say the least, I am not CCH's number one fan.

 

Cov Cath's last couple of classes are down. This coming from the same guy that previously posted he new more about and forgot more about baseball than someone else posting in this thread. I agree this year they did not have as strong of a year as the normally do, but it was by no means an awful season. BUT, if you can name a better pitcher catcher combination in recent years in Kentucky high school baseball as Maile and Isler, then I will shut my mouth and never post on here again.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.