All day long(12 hour) Coach-Pitch tournaments?

All In

There was a coach-pitch tournament in our area yesterday(90 degree temps mind you) for 6-7-8 year olds that started at 10am and lasted till almost midnight on a ONE field baseball park,round robin format with 7 teams. When a team wasn't playing they had to wait around,practice etc. in the heat or shade. This tournament in our area has gone on for years around Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day, isn't this a quite a bit extreme, borderline illegial for this age group or any age group to play 4-6 games in a day over a 10-12 hour span or is this the norm for coach-pitch tournaments in this state and others? Thanks for comments.

I'm sure the teams have an option of getting in or not. If you don't want to be there all day just don't sign up. Also keep in mind I didn't necessarily say it wasn't excessive for children this age.

This is true of course, but for a little trophy, I mean c'mon. If you asked everyone of those kids, they would rather be swimming or just plain playing. As usual a parent thing. Have you been to a coaches pitch tourney, makes Little League look tame with the way these adults act. Brutal.

This is true of course, but for a little trophy, I mean c'mon. If you asked everyone of those kids, they would rather be swimming or just plain playing. As usual a parent thing. Have you been to a coaches pitch tourney, makes Little League look tame with the way these adults act. Brutal.

Unfortunately you are right. Parents are crazy.

Too many games for that age group. I bet the outfielders on these teams were going nuts. Like someone said don't sign up and that would have been my choice.

I think the reason for the many signups are the round robin format and gurantees of 5-6 games for the entry fee that is paid which again would be ok if spead out over 3 days. Lots of money is made for the organizers and parents are happy, but guarantee no kid that age wants to spend that much time playing baseball, being yelled at,etc., we are talking about mainly 7 year olds, but who cares I guess.

Since when do they keep score for this age group? I've coached this age group for the past 3 years and I couldn't imagine doing this. You're lucky to get their attention for one game let alone an entire day's worth.

I'm sorry, but I have never heard of a Coach pitch tournament. I mean, are you serious. Coach pitch!!! This is absurd!!! I mean for what, a participation trophey. Let's all feel good. i can't believe it has gotten to this. Who is making the money on this? That is probably the driving force behind it. IMO, parents need to get a life. It just isn't that important!!!! And nobody can convince me otherwise.

I'm sorry, but I have never heard of a Coach pitch tournament. I mean, are you serious. Coach pitch!!! This is absurd!!! I mean for what, a participation trophey. Let's all feel good. i can't believe it has gotten to this. Who is making the money on this? That is probably the driving force behind it. IMO, parents need to get a life. It just isn't that important!!!! And nobody can convince me otherwise.

tdy, you must be out of the loop. Coach pitch has been around for eons. Frankly, I think coach pitch at that age is awesome. I did plunk my son once however, not on purpose as he claimed, after what seemed like 250 pitches. I love coach pitch. I don't follow how the parents need to get a life on this one. Not related whatsoever. You're way off base here, convinced or otherwise.

tdy, you must be out of the loop. Coach pitch has been around for eons. Frankly, I think coach pitch at that age is awesome. I did plunk my son once however, not on purpose as he claimed, after what seemed like 250 pitches. I love coach pitch. I don't follow how the parents need to get a life on this one. Not related whatsoever. You're way off base here, convinced or otherwise.

Dude, I had a coach pitch team. Not sure what you are talking about. Oh wait. You read what you wanted. I said "Coach pitch tournament". There! And yes, again parents need to get a life on this subject. Again "tournament"! Now I'm convinced.:irked: