Close........But no Rings? Whats the deal?

Conner 2005 and 2006 ( Ithink..may be off a year either way).....team goes undefeated in the entire regular season and loses in the first round of the playoffs both times.

In this case, it was coaching...the team was not prepared for the playoffs.

Boyle had Mr. football and several (many) D1 players and an NFL player. We were out talented big time. Boyle could have beat any team in the state those 2 years.

Let's not get carried away in '02. I can think of 2 teams that Boyle would not have beaten in this state that season.

How about Bowling Green. They made it to the state title game three years in a row. They lost twice to Highlands and once to Covington Catholic in that three year span. I'm going strictly by memory, so if I'm wrong , please correct me.

You have to do more than throw four vertical and run qb draw to beat those teams.

Let's not get carried away in '02. I can think of 2 teams that Boyle would not have beaten in this state that season.

But they could've beat them. A debate for another thread.

They were every bit as good as Trinity.

Close....but no rings? Somerset should copyright that slogan, like Pat Riley did "3-peat". Somerset has the unfortunate distinction of having the most State Runner-up finishes without winning a State Title. Somerset has been Runner-up 5 times!!!!

Could be worse, could have never made it to the finals like 80%+ of the other schools in the state.

But they could've beat them. A debate for another thread.

They were every bit as good as Trinity.

I know you were closer to the 3A game than I was that year although I did watch the game quite closely. Boyle was very good, no doubt but their offense did not impress me much. Their defense was stout as could be but Rockcastle's offense didn't hold a candle to the offense we had that season.

I doubt Trinity could have stopped them.

The only team Trinity had difficulty stopping in '02 was Male and that was because of Michael Bush. Boyle had great players but no one in the same ballpark as as Bush. Shoot Brohm was a better pure QB but Bush was the best player on the field that day easily.

I know you were closer to the 3A game than I was that year although I did watch the game quite closely. Boyle was very good, no doubt but their offense did not impress me much. Their defense was stout as could be but Rockcastle's offense didn't hold a candle to the offense we had that season.

The only team Trinity had difficulty stopping in '02 was Male and that was because of Michael Bush. Boyle had great players but no one in the same ballpark as as Bush. Shoot Brohm was a better pure QB but Bush was the best player on the field that day easily.

I'm sure Trinity did have a better offense that year, I doubt they had that much of a better defense though than Rockcastle County.

I think Boyle County would've beat Trinity 4-5 times out of 10, vice versa.