LT Colonel to be Court Martialed

Our military runs the military. Not a President. Sorry but that is how it is. i do not care what the Constitution says about commander in chief. Our Joint chiefs of Staff control the war. Sorry.

Might want to go back and read up on Vietnam.

They "run the military operations," when allowed to (which should be pretty much all times in acutal conflict), but they are not the ones who decide policy. Presidents decide the policy and instruct the Joint Chiefs to enact said policy. If the President does not okay the war/invasion/action/incursion it does not take place. :thumb:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Policy smolicy. It is a big word for people thinking you are doing something. If anything our Joint Chiefs help make the policy.

Isnt it policy to get rid of illegal immagrants? I mean, they are illegal arent they?

Policy smolicy. It is a big word for people thinking you are doing something. If anything our Joint Chiefs help make the policy.

Isnt it policy to get rid of illegal immagrants? I mean, they are illegal arent they?

:ohbrother:

ADHD at work. :thumb:

Might want to go back and read up on Vietnam.

They "run the military operations," when allowed to (which should be pretty much all times in acutal conflict), but they are not the ones who decide policy. Presidents decide the policy and instruct the Joint Chiefs to enact said policy. If the President does not okay the war/invasion/action/incursion it does not take place. :thumb:

Another easy victim of the government. Keep thinking everything is the way it reads. No global warming, but heck where arethe ice caps melting away too. Hey the Government says it isnt so so we MUST believe it.

Taken from a soldier's oath at time of induction:

"I,____________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to the regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Taken from the text of an officer's commission, as written by the Office of President of The United States:

"...this Officer is to observe and follow such orders and directives, from time to time, as may be given by me, or the future President of the United States of America, or other Superior Officers acting in accordance with the laws of the United States of America."

Regardless of how he came by it, at current, Barack Obama is the president of the United States, and until he is proven otherwise, Lt. Col. Lakin is refusing a direct order and is subject to court martial. His argument that he is obligated to disobey the order in accordance with the Uniform Code of Military Justice (as debated between Senator Inouye and Lt. Col. Oliver North in the Iran-Contra hearings) is completely hinged on the fact that the order is being given illegally because the person giving it is not legally the President of The United States. However, as far as I can see, Obama, in accordance with the presumption of innocence from the 5th, 6th, and 14th amendments, is the President. Therefore, Lt. Col. Lakin has to obey the order.

I can't say I don't sympathize with his argument, but he legally should be court martialed.

Another easy victim of the government. Keep thinking everything is the way it reads. No global warming, but heck where arethe ice caps melting away too. Hey the Government says it isnt so so we MUST believe it.

I bet your collection of foil hats is impressive.

He should go for his country sake. I would have a hard time taking orders from a President who never served his county in a branch of the military. He is a soldier, Obama has no clue about war.

If I did bet, I bet Obama wasnt born in the US. Too shady. Not all conspiracies are lies. Some have a lot of truth to them.

So you would have had a hard time serving during WWII because FDR hadn't served in the military .

He should go for his country sake. I would have a hard time taking orders from a President who never served his county in a branch of the military. He is a soldier, Obama has no clue about war.

If I did bet, I bet Obama wasn't born in the US. Too shady. Not all conspiracies are lies. Some have a lot of truth to them.

13 of our 44 presidents have never been in the military (and another 6 served without any wartime action). That means there's almost a 1 in 3 chance that the President will not have ever served, and over a 40% chance that he won't have any "battlefield" experience. If you would have a hard time taking orders from a President who hasn't served, don't enlist...cause there's a good chance you'll have to.

Different time and era. If asked or told to go fight for my country I would without hesitation.

How so?

Is it just because you don't like the current President but the same reasons you gave don't apply to an FDR or a Reagan? :idunno:

In the 40s our government was trusted to do the right thing. FDR wasnt shaddy like Obama. We had to fight Hitler, we dont know who we are fighting now. I dotn like Obama, either Bush, or a lot of them. Too much politics now against common people. All about big money and personal gain. Obama was given a silver spoon to use, do you think he cares about an average person?

In the 40s our government was trusted to do the right thing. FDR wasnt shaddy like Obama. We had to fight Hitler, we dont know who we are fighting now. I dotn like Obama, either Bush, or a lot of them. Too much politics now against common people. All about big money and personal gain. Obama was given a silver spoon to use, do you think he cares about an average person?

Tried to increase the number of Supreme Court Justices to push his agenda.

Expanded the role of the Federal Government.

Have you ever read any real history?

(And BTW, I like FDR's leadership in WW II but the "wasn't shaddy" is a little naive at best)

BTW, that 40's was the same era that had "seperate but equal" military. But they could be trusted.

Tried to increase the number of Supreme Court Justices to push his agenda.

Expanded the role of the Federal Government.

Have you ever read any real history?

(And BTW, I like FDR's leadership in WW II but the "wasn't shaddy" is a little naive at best)

BTW, that 40's was the same era that had "seperate but equal" military. But they could be trusted.

The increase was to help America. Our governmet was trustworthy then.