LT Colonel to be Court Martialed

Especially ones that have actual government documents and newspaper reports from 50 years ago that prove them wrong. There are plenty of things to be against Obama about; the "birther" question just makes those parrots who repeat it look incredibly stupid and looney on a Dale Gribble scale.

There are newspaper reports of Obama's birth from 50 years ago? :p

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He should go for his country sake. I would have a hard time taking orders from a President who never served his county in a branch of the military. He is a soldier, Obama has no clue about war.

If I did bet, I bet Obama wasnt born in the US. Too shady. Not all conspiracies are lies. Some have a lot of truth to them.

Yeah because every President has served in the military.

Clyde,I normally do not post much here and I am definitely not a 'birther',as I feel it is clear that Obama was born in Hawaii and is a citizen of the U.S. After reading your post,though,I vaguely remembered that my dad told me that once an enlisted man became an officer,he was required to take a second oath of office. I am not sure if this makes a difference or not and am basically throwing this out as 'fodder for discussion' if you will. For what it is worth,the only difference is that the enlisted man swears to uphold the constitution and the orders of the President and his superior officers. The officers' swear only to uphold and protect the Constitution. This brings to question if an officer in the military (or anyone else who takes the same oath) feels that they have received an order or asked to uphold a law that is unconstitutional,do they not have a duty to bring the grievance before a higher autority. Just a thought.

http://www.history.army.mil/faq/oaths.htm

Edited by owsleyking

He should go for his country sake. I would have a hard time taking orders from a President who never served his county in a branch of the military. He is a soldier, Obama has no clue about war.

If I did bet, I bet Obama wasnt born in the US. Too shady. Not all conspiracies are lies. Some have a lot of truth to them.

George W. wasn't exactly a soldier in his National Guard stint protecting the skies of Texas and Alabama.

Ronald Reagan anyone? (unless you count his limited Reserve experience and his WW II assignment to the Film Unit of the Military)

FDR?

Abraham Lincoln? (Unless you count his brief stint in a militia in the "Black Hawk War."

John Adams?

Thomas Jefferson?

James Madison?

Any other presidents you wouldn't take orders from? :idunno:

Yeah I would take orders from Dick Cheney or Hillary Clinton.

But neither one were presidents.

My point was your criteria for "not taking orders" would severely limit you in who you would take orders from. :thumb:

But neither one were presidents.

My point was your criteria for "not taking orders" would severely limit you in who you would take orders from. :thumb:

It was a joke.

If I am a true Military man I do what I am told. i also understand the Presidnet doesnt tell the military what to do, it is the other way around. We are still in the Middle East arent we.

George W. wasn't exactly a soldier in his National Guard stint protecting the skies of Texas and Alabama.

Ronald Reagan anyone? (unless you count his limited Reserve experience and his WW II assignment to the Film Unit of the Military)

FDR?

Abraham Lincoln? (Unless you count his brief stint in a militia in the "Black Hawk War."

John Adams?

Thomas Jefferson?

James Madison?

Any other presidents you wouldn't take orders from? :idunno:

Why don't you insult one of our military branches? If you notice, he said served our country in a branch of the military. I don't agree with his position but GW certainly fits his parameters. Unless, as I said, you don't think much of the National Guard.

Why don't you insult one of our military branches? If you notice, he said served our country in a branch of the military. I don't agree with his position but GW certainly fits his parameters. Unless, as I said, you don't think much of the National Guard.

Considering the time frame of '68 to '72, when many powerful men obtained deferrment and/or Reserve/Guard duty for their sons, take it as you wish.

It was a joke.

If I am a true Military man I do what I am told. i also understand the Presidnet doesnt tell the military what to do, it is the other way around. We are still in the Middle East arent we.

Might want to re-read on the powers and who has what authority.

The President is THE Commander in Chief. If the Military Generals and Joint Chiefs are "calling the shots" then we are nothing more than a South American Dictatorship of old. What makes our country unique in many ways is that the Civilian populace elect the Commander in Chief and the Military professionals must answer to him.

Bill Clinton did less than GW Bush. How can you say anyting negative about any branch of military or anyone wha at least did something. Granted Bush didnt go to war,but he at least was in a branch of military.

ON BILL CLINTON.

While at Oxford he also participated in Vietnam War protests, including organizing an October 1969 Moratorium event.[16] In later life he admitted to smoking cannabis at the university, but famously said that he "never inhaled".

Clinton's political opponents charge that, during his college years, he used the political influence of a U.S. Senator who employed him as an aide to avoid being drafted into the Vietnam War.[24] Col. Eugene Holmes, an Army officer who was involved in Clinton's case, issued a notarized statement during the 1992 presidential campaign: "...I was informed by the draft board that it was of interest to Senator Fullbright's office that Bill Clinton, a Rhodes Scholar, should be admitted to the ROTC program... I believe that he purposely deceived me, using the possibility of joining the ROTC as a ploy to work with the draft board to delay his induction and get a new draft classification."[25][26]

Clinton did not join the ROTC program, but the temporary ROTC status prevented him from being drafted. This was not illegal, but it became a source of criticism from conservatives and some Vietnam veterans.

Bill Clinton did less than GW Bush. How can you say anyting negative about any branch of military or anyone wha at least did something. Granted Bush didnt go to war,but he at least was in a branch of military.

ON BILL CLINTON.

While at Oxford he also participated in Vietnam War protests, including organizing an October 1969 Moratorium event.[16] In later life he admitted to smoking cannabis at the university, but famously said that he "never inhaled".

Clinton's political opponents charge that, during his college years, he used the political influence of a U.S. Senator who employed him as an aide to avoid being drafted into the Vietnam War.[24] Col. Eugene Holmes, an Army officer who was involved in Clinton's case, issued a notarized statement during the 1992 presidential campaign: "...I was informed by the draft board that it was of interest to Senator Fullbright's office that Bill Clinton, a Rhodes Scholar, should be admitted to the ROTC program... I believe that he purposely deceived me, using the possibility of joining the ROTC as a ploy to work with the draft board to delay his induction and get a new draft classification."[25][26]

Clinton did not join the ROTC program, but the temporary ROTC status prevented him from being drafted. This was not illegal, but it became a source of criticism from conservatives and some Vietnam veterans.

Didn't say he did serve. Just didn't list him because anyone who is anywhere over 25 knows his story.

Might want to re-read on the powers and who has what authority.

The President is THE Commander in Chief. If the Military Generals and Joint Chiefs are "calling the shots" then we are nothing more than a South American Dictatorship of old. What makes our country unique in many ways is that the Civilian populace elect the Commander in Chief and the Military professionals must answer to him.

Our military runs the military. Not a President. Sorry but that is how it is. i do not care what the Constitution says about commander in chief. Our Joint chiefs of Staff control the war. Sorry.