6 Degrees of Bob Schneider

Clyde

Did You and/or Your Boy(s) Play Against Bob Schneider?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Did You and/or Your Boy(s) Play Against Bob Schneider?

• I played against Bob.
    • Only my son(s) played against Bob.
    • I played against Bob AND my son(s) played against Bob.
    • I played for Bob, but my son(s) played against Bob

Legendary NC coach Bob Schneider had a farewell/retirement party this weekend and there were obviously lots of former players in attendance. I played against ol' Bob and the boys back in the day and my boys played against Bob. That got me to thinking about how many BGPers played against Bob.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You missed a few categories. I played for and my son played against Bob Schnieder. The one that many of the NewCath family has: I played for Bob Schneider, and my Son played for Bob Schneider.

Coach Schneider used to joke that when he coached the 1st Grand son of a player he coached, thats when he would retire. I'm not sure if it ever happened but it was probably not that far away. You figure the 1st class he coached would now be 62 years old. Pretty amazing accomplishment.

It's hard to imagine a coach starting out today and keeping the same job for 44 years!

You missed a few categories. I played for and my son played against Bob Schnieder. The one that many of the NewCath family has: I played for Bob Schneider, and my Son played for Bob Schneider.

Coach Schneider used to joke that when he coached the 1st Grand son of a player he coached, thats when he would retire. I'm not sure if it ever happened but it was probably not that far away. You figure the 1st class he coached would now be 62 years old. Pretty amazing accomplishment.

It's hard to imagine a coach starting out today and keeping the same job for 44 years!

I forgot the "I played FOR but my son played AGAINST option."

I will get it added.

I would have loved to play against Bob and NCC... Unfortunately I did not get the to opportunity because he wouldn't schedule Highlands in the latter part of his career.

I played against Coach ...but for the reason stated above, my son was denied the opportunity.

Heck the way people have kids these days he could technically coach a great grandson of someone he coached in 1965. For instance, someone has a child right after they graduate and that child plays for Bob in 1980 and their son plays for him in 1996and then the great grandson suited up for thim this year as a 14 yr old Frosh. Im just saying......lol

I played against Coach ...but for the reason stated above, my son was denied the opportunity.

I played for Coach but my son was denied the opportunity!!! It's a shame it used to be such a good rivalry!!!

I played for Coach but my son was denied the opportunity!!! It's a shame it used to be such a good rivalry!!!

Well maybe Eddie will step up his schedule and play Highlands......And then maybe not!!!! Might of been in his job contract or something stupid that as long as Bob's alive or Dale is coaching at Highlands that NCC doesn't schedule the Birds. There is really no love loss between the 2. You know he had the same feelings for HHS when Duffy was there. Maybe it isn't Dale......Maybe it's just Highlands. Uncle Bob is a legend and will be remember forever. I lost 2 of the 3 years that I played against him.