Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Eminem to reference Big Ben in new song

Featured Replies

For rap or every kind of music?

 

Definitely the best in rap/hip-hop, I'd argue one of, if not the very best, in all genres.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like Eminem.. Always have.

 

I don't mind if people think I have bad taste. I'm not trying to make you listen.

 

Me, too. He's a guilty pleasure--I have him in my iTunes library for my iPod, but I won't let my kids listen to him!:lol:

Me, too. He's a guilty pleasure--I have him in my iTunes library for my iPod, but I won't let my kids listen to him!:lol:

 

You actually bring up a good point (well one I inferred from your post). A lot of people hear Eminem's music and instantly dismiss it because of the language and some of the offensive stuff he includes.

 

I'm sure a large portion of BGP wouldn't listen because of his verbage, which is sad, since he's approaching iconic status in the world of hip-hop/rap.

You actually bring up a good point (well one I inferred from your post). A lot of people hear Eminem's music and instantly dismiss it because of the language and some of the offensive stuff he includes.

 

I'm sure a large portion of BGP wouldn't listen because of his verbage, which is sad, since he's approaching iconic status in the world of hip-hop/rap.

 

That's exactly what I mean. I am old enough to appreciate his lyrical genius without being influenced to go out and kill my wife (if I had one!) I do have the clean versions of "Without Me" and "Lose Yourself", and all my kids like those songs. Nothing quite like hearing your 5 year old daughter sing "two trailer park girls go round the outside, round the outside, round the outside...":scared::lol:

Eminem is one of the best but Rakim is the best. He was the pioneer of it all. If you have never heard him go listen. I also liked a lot of 2Pac's stuff. With those three I think you have the top three without a doubt.

 

Who is Rakim that is the pioneer of it all? I don't remember that name from the 80's.

Who is Rakim that is the pioneer of it all? I don't remember that name from the 80's.

 

Rakim was more early 90's. He didn't exactly pioneer the hip hop or rap movement, but he was about the first great lyricist rap had ever seen. Until then it was just basic well, just basic rap. Rakim brought about flow, and ultimately shaped the way rap/hip-hop is performed today. Before him it was all basically the same.

I'll agree with the people that like Eminem. He is one of the few rappers that I like and he really is a lyrical genius. Listen to the song The Way I Am, that should be enough for anyone.

Eminem when he is on is classic, but lately he has been off a bit.

 

Perhaps he is growing stale. (I don't care for his vulgarity as I think it takes away from his message, but get that is why some young folks love him-he is a rebel.)

Name me someone that is better lyrically then...You won't be able to do it.

 

Afroman.

I'll agree with the people that like Eminem. He is one of the few rappers that I like and he really is a lyrical genius. Listen to the song The Way I Am, that should be enough for anyone.

 

That's always been my favorite of his songs. It's also the very first one I point to when trying to show people what I mean when I say, "he's on another level lyrically."

I love when there is an argument on BGPs and other people won't admit that rappers are musicians. It's not a matter of opinion if they are artists or not. It's a fact, they are artists. They just happen to make music that is for different people.

A) Most rappers are artist..

 

B) As said, Eminem is better lyrically than any other rapper, Weezy, Jay-Z included

 

Eminem may be the best rapper, but he's not the best entertainer with his songs.

FWIW....

 

Art- is the process or product of deliberately arranging elements in a way to affect the senses or emotions

 

From Wikipedia.

That's always been my favorite of his songs. It's also the very first one I point to when trying to show people what I mean when I say, "he's on another level lyrically."

 

I'll agree with you 100%

Definitely the best in rap/hip-hop, I'd argue one of, if not the very best, in all genres.

 

Though I think Eminem has overstayed his welcome and is actually pretty lame now, I do have to agree that he is excellent lyrically. The way he can tell a story in a song is unmatched IMO. I think it's kind of hard to judge but I think only really Lil Wayne on his mixtapes is close, and I think Drake may get up there.

 

As for overall I think it's really hard to compare genres. But due to Eminem's lack of variation on his topics he writes about I don't think he compares well to the greats in many other genres. Of course that's JMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.