NFL Draft 2nd-7th Rounds

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You wouldn't be reaching by taking Claussen in the second round. I find it really interesting that you think, that they wouldn't be reaching by taking a QB next year, when you don't even know who will be coming out.

Most teams had Claussen rated as a 3rd round QB. He may pan out but there was something about him that teams didn't like. I just don't see him nor Colt McCoy being franchise QB's in the NFL.

I hope I am wrong about both though.

I loved the Clausen pick by the Panthers. I think Clausen, with time and maybe some humble pie could turn into a very good pro QB. I'm in the minority (besides Mel Kiper) but I think he's the best QB in this draft.

Bengals and Pats drafts have really stood out to me. I'm surprised the Bengals drafted so well. I think they got two of the top 25 player in the draft in their first two picks. I also really like Shipley, I think he could be the next really good slot WR in the NFL. All I can say is WOW with their picks, I'm amazed.

Taylor Mays talking smack about Pete Carroll....Singleterry's not going to like that. :lol:

Who is this Ghee?

http://nflsoup.com/?p=1849

It kinda sounds like this guy has the potential to be a safety.

Ghee was considered one of the fastest and most athletic corners left when he was selected.

The Bengals have had a very successful draft.

Gresham, Dunlap, Shipley, and Ghee could be a very good group for the future. I like it.

From Bengals.com

The selection of Shipley reflects what the Bengals have done all draft. They’ve stayed put and pretty much gone with their board and it has taken care of their needs at the same time without reaching. First-rounder Jermaine Gresham is the best tight end in the draft. Second-rounder Carlos Dunlap is a pass-rushing end with first-round numbers. The second pick in the third round, Wake Forest cornerback Brandon Ghee, is another athletically attractive player with first-round numbers and was invited to New York to attend the draft.

And Shipley?

Bengals receivers coach Mike Sheppard compares him to the great slot receivers like Houshmandzadeh and New England’s Wes Welker. A boon for a pass offense that struggled last year in the bottom tier of the stats.