NFL Draft 2nd-7th Rounds

Not many updates but I will say that I am very glad the Browns did not draft McCoy or Claussen.

Why reach for a "Franchise" QB? Take Delhomme for the year and build around the defense, then next year try and draft a better fit QB for the future. No sense in reaching for those two QB's. Good pick with the Safety though!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not many updates but I will say that I am very glad the Browns did not draft McCoy or Claussen.

Why reach for a "Franchise" QB? Take Delhomme for the year and build around the defense, then next year try and draft a better fit QB for the future. No sense in reaching for those two QB's. Good pick with the Safety though!

You wouldn't be reaching by taking Claussen in the second round. I find it really interesting that you think, that they wouldn't be reaching by taking a QB next year, when you don't even know who will be coming out.

Carolina makes the biggest mistake in this draft and time will show this.

Why is is the biggest mistake in the draft? Do you think they should have addressed another need? I don't know how you can say its the biggest mistake just because of who they took though. They got him with the 48th pick in the draft. A team who needed a QB, and they got a guy who is one of the better QB's in the draft, and won't be having to give him a 1st round contract. Its not a bad pick at all IMO, and no way the biggest mistake in the draft.

I was kind of hoping for Mount Cody, or Brandon Spikes. However I like this move too. As good as the defense was last year, they still was not good at consistently putting pressure on the QB. The corners are already amazing for the Bengals, but imagine how great they would look if the Bengals couldn't consistently rush the passer.

They say his problem is his motor, with Geathers and Odom in front of him, he can come in on third downs or when they need a break and give them no drop off. Him and Johnson on the ends would be crazy size and athleticism.