NFL Draft 2nd-7th Rounds

From nfl.com

Pick Analysis: The Bengals have a knack for getting outstanding production from so-called character risks, and Carlos Dunlap could be the next star to overcome his circumstance. As a freakish athlete with exceptional initial quickness, Dunlap has the ability to wreak havoc off the edge. Although his motor doesn't rev high consistently, Dunlap's flashes of talent make him worthy of the risk as a second-round pick

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woooooo I'm excited about Golden Tate!

Pete Carroll has had a great draft, first they got the best tackle is Russell Okung, then a great Safety in Earl Thomas and now Tate to stretch the field. If he can keep this up then the future looks bright.

Pete Carroll has had a great draft, first they got the best tackle is Russell Okung, then a great Safety in Earl Thomas and now Tate to stretch the field. If he can keep this up then the future looks bright.

He's showing he can pick them.... I'm just hoping he can coach them.

I was kind of hoping for Mount Cody, or Brandon Spikes. However I like this move too. As good as the defense was last year, they still was not good at consistently putting pressure on the QB. The corners are already amazing for the Bengals, but imagine how great they would look if the Bengals couldn't consistently rush the passer.

You contradict yourself here. You say the Bengals need a pass rusher and you were hoping for Cody but Cody is definitely not a pass rusher. Carlos Dunlap is a pass rusher. One report had him running twice in the 4.5's at 280 lbs. in his workout at Florida. He led the SEC in sacks this year. Many were thinking he would go in the first round when he first came out. The Bengals' one area of success in drafting is they have made a lot of great picks in the second round. I think this pick is going to be another one. I like it.

You contradict yourself here. You say the Bengals need a pass rusher and you were hoping for Cody but Cody is definitely not a pass rusher. Carlos Dunlap is a pass rusher. One report had him running twice in the 4.5's at 280 lbs. in his workout at Florida. He led the SEC in sacks this year. Many were thinking he would go in the first round when he first came out. The Bengals' one area of success in drafting is they have made a lot of great picks in the second round. I think this pick is going to be another one. I like it.

Cody is a guy who can collapse the middle though. Yes he wouldn't get much pressure himself, however he is a guy who teams might have to double team. Which would have helped the DE's, and the linebackers with rushing the QB. So no I didn't contradict myself. He would have helped out with that too, only thing different is the stats would not have shown up for him like it could for Dunlap.

Bengals coming up again soon at 84. I would love them to take Jordan Shipley. They have the playmakers in Ocho and Bryant. Shipley could be the Welker to that equation as a slot reciever.

I honestly think they have a guy who can be like Welker in Crosby.