Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 4 Highlands 1

Featured Replies

Wow that is a disappointment. I'm assuming that this is new to HHS this year with the PA. It's the same two or three family's that are doing the volunteering. Some of the other parents need to step up and help out. Hopefully this won't happen again.

 

 

This sounds like a scene from Charlie Brown. I noticed it earlier from the CovCath shortstop.

 

 

Honestly tell me that if this would have happened, because to do so he would have to do it intentionally, that your side would not have gone absolutely nuts. So what are you saying, that this tactic is taught at some schools or should be taught. I pretty sure the SS was thinking of turning a double play instead of thinking, "hey if he slides into me, then I will intentionally throw the ball at this runner". Sorry, but I have never seen this happen at any level. Maybe it has, and I'm sure you are going to tell me it has and then give me some examples, (and please do), but again I haven't seen it.

well stated.....

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[

 

Now a huge, huge and I mean huge embarrassment to you Ft. Thomas Highlands fans! Coach Baioni and his players deserve better from the Ft. Thomas community and Highlands High School then to have a [/size][/font]CovCath players parent have to step up and volunteer to be the Public Address Announcer at this game today, Sorry, I can't imagine that happening at a HHS Football game and it shouldn't have happen today either!

 

 

How about the fact that there is no admission charge to watch HHS baseball. Can't imagine that happening at an HHS football game either. A couple of bucks per fan yestereday would have been a huge money maker for the athletic program. Baseball is not a cheap sport to sponsor. Equiptment, uniforms, umpires are costly. Trying to offset these expenses by selling brooms instead of charging admission makes little sense.

 

How about the fact that there is no admission charge to watch HHS baseball. Can't imagine that happening at an HHS football game either. A couple of bucks per fan yestereday would have been a huge money maker for the athletic program. Baseball is not a cheap sport to sponsor. Equiptment, uniforms, umpires are costly. Trying to offset these expenses by selling brooms instead of charging admission makes little sense.

 

How do you charge admission when you play your games in a public park? If I was there to play basketball are you saying I couldn't watch?

 

HHS simply is not set up to charge admission.

Ever been to a NCC or Brossart soccer game at Pendery Park? Ever been to a game at Mills Road park?

 

Its done all the time.

Ever been to a NCC or Brossart soccer game at Pendery Park? Ever been to a game at Mills Road park?

 

Its done all the time.

 

I have been to Morscher/NCC. That's different because the only thing there is a baseball field. Pendery is basically the same.

 

I've never paid for a game at Mills.

 

Honestly tell me that if this would have happened, because to do so he would have to do it intentionally, that your side would not have gone absolutely nuts. So what are you saying, that this tactic is taught at some schools or should be taught. I pretty sure the SS was thinking of turning a double play instead of thinking, "hey if he slides into me, then I will intentionally throw the ball at this runner". Sorry, but I have never seen this happen at any level. Maybe it has, and I'm sure you are going to tell me it has and then give me some examples, (and please do), but again I haven't seen it.

 

Middle infielders are taught to throw through the runner, just as runners are taught to slide...

 

As far as charging admission: would a CCH parent have had to do that too?

  • Author
Wow that is a disappointment. I'm assuming that this is new to HHS this year with the PA. It's the same two or three family's that are doing the volunteering. Some of the other parents need to step up and help out. Hopefully this won't happen again.

 

 

This sounds like a scene from Charlie Brown. I noticed it earlier from the CovCath shortstop.

 

 

Honestly tell me that if this would have happened, because to do so he would have to do it intentionally, that your side would not have gone absolutely nuts. So what are you saying, that this tactic is taught at some schools or should be taught. I pretty sure the SS was thinking of turning a double play instead of thinking, "hey if he slides into me, then I will intentionally throw the ball at this runner". Sorry, but I have never seen this happen at any level. Maybe it has, and I'm sure you are going to tell me it has and then give me some examples, (and please do), but again I haven't seen it.

 

I told you honestly that I did't see what Warning did, however I found out today that indeed Warning while sliding raised his arm up and indeed if the umpire had noticed it, he should have called the runner out at first base.

 

I was speaking of a runner not sliding but instead, staying upright and going into the base with no effort to get out of the way!

 

The PA: I was told by the CovCath parent that did the PA announcing that a HHS parent from the concession stand approached one of the other CovCath parents and ask if one of the CovCath parent would be willing to do the PA job. I was told that the HHS AD was there and saw the CovCath parent doing the job, so I just wonder why he didn't step up to the plate to do the job! Strange indeed!

I just find the whole thing strange. Especially about 14 post in this thread. Move on!

 

Colonels won. Birds lost. Can't attack anything said there.:isurrender:

How many times has Covcath AD offer to do the PA. IT really not that big of a deal, been to alot of games where their are no PA I find it strange that you would make such a big deal about it, is it because it Highlands.

How many times has Covcath AD offer to do the PA. IT really not that big of a deal, been to alot of games where their are no PA I find it strange that you would make such a big deal about it, is it because it Highlands.

 

It's 100% because it's Highlands. Pretty much becoming a complete joke that certain people(person) is constantly looking for the negatives about the Highlands program. Fortunately for them it's not football season or they would have nothing to point out what we are so desperately doing wrong!!! Time to move on my brother.

  • Author
It's 100% because it's Highlands. Pretty much becoming a complete joke that certain people(person) is constantly looking for the negatives about the Highlands program. Fortunately for them it's not football season or they would have nothing to point out what we are so desperately doing wrong!!! Time to move on my brother.

 

Of course I didn't write this about the baseball team and the students who attend the game now did I?

 

But first I want to congratulate Coach Baioni on the hard work he has done with his team and on the HHS Diamond itself. Stick with it coach, it is a work in progress and I for one can see the difference not only in the quality of players you have playing for you but in how they are learning to play the game.

 

The Diamond is starting to look real nice and hopefully the administration, and the community will start to appreciate what you are doing.

 

BTW congrats to the HHS students who attended the game and cheered on their team. Congrats ladies and gentlemen nice job.

Of course I didn't write this about the baseball team and the students who attend the game now did I?

 

But first I want to congratulate Coach Baioni on the hard work he has done with his team and on the HHS Diamond itself. Stick with it coach, it is a work in progress and I for one can see the difference not only in the quality of players you have playing for you but in how they are learning to play the game.

 

The Diamond is starting to look real nice and hopefully the administration, and the community will start to appreciate what you are doing.

 

BTW congrats to the HHS students who attended the game and cheered on their team. Congrats ladies and gentlemen nice job.

 

Maybe you did but why Jack up the rest of the Bluebird community because you think it's your civil duty. You are basically picking apart a 2nd year program. Because at the end of the day my friend, that's what it basically is. Jeremy is doing an awesome job building his own program and little things like the public announcer, I think are the least of his concerns right now. Just because you gave a few compliments doesn't mean it changes or has anything to do with how the game was played. The game would of still been played even without a PA announcer, consession and a spirit section. I say talk about the game and leave all the little crap that doesn't mean squat on the other side of the backstop. Start a new thread if you like to talk about how horrible the Bluebird faithful really is.

Middle infielders are taught to throw through the runner, just as runners are taught to slide...

 

As far as charging admission: would a CCH parent have had to do that too?

 

Yeah that would of been great. It would of given the CCH parent a chance to hand out 1/2 off PeeWee's place "Mafia Burger" coupons. I know I already have a stack of them.:lol:

Maybe you did but why Jack up the rest of the Bluebird community because you think it's your civil duty. You are basically picking apart a 2nd year program. Because at the end of the day my friend, that's what it basically is. Jeremy is doing an awesome job building his own program and little things like the public announcer, I think are the least of his concerns right now. Just because you gave a few compliments doesn't mean it changes or has anything to do with how the game was played. The game would of still been played even without a PA announcer, consession and a spirit section. I say talk about the game and leave all the little crap that doesn't mean squat on the other side of the backstop. Start a new thread if you like to talk about how horrible the Bluebird faithful really is.

 

Excellent point, but that is his style. Perfection only exists in Park Hills. :rolleyes: Those who constantly point out the faults of others, I find have serious deficiencies themselves. :puke:

Wow, from the looks of a couple post, some people may be getting on others nerves in Colonel land. Maybe they are getting tired of the stuff everybody else is.

 

Was at the game and watched a game between two teams play about as good as they could. Other than a few walks and questionable decisions, game could have been a different story. But it's not.

 

Colonels and Bluebirds having a year really expected of both.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.