Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 4 Highlands 1

Featured Replies

Wow, from the looks of a couple post, some people may be getting on others nerves in Colonel land. Maybe they are getting tired of the stuff everybody else is.

 

Was at the game and watched a game between two teams play about as good as they could. Other than a few walks and questionable decisions, game could have been a different story. But it's not.

 

Colonels and Bluebirds having a year really expected of both.

 

I am sorry but I do not understand your post. Why do you feel some are getting on others nerves within Colonel Land? Also, the bolded sentences make no sense to me. What are you saying?

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TOG: Let it roll off you brother. I'm a huge Birds fan & supporter, and I see nothing wrong with what you posted. You were rightfully complimentary of Coach Baioni & the all the great work he and others have done since taking over the program less than two years ago. You were correct - someone from Highlands should have stepped up to the mic. But my thinking is that the concession ladies probably didn't think it was that big of a deal at the time - they're just trying to do their jobs & get all the bases covered.

 

I know you take some c*ap on here, but the bottom line for me is you put in a lot of time & effort to post some great information that the rest of us (Cov Cath friend or foe) otherwise wouldn't have access to. To the people who are annoyed by your "bias," I say step up to the plate & post your own game summaries.

TOG: Let it roll off you brother. I'm a huge Birds fan & supporter, and I see nothing wrong with what you posted. You were rightfully complimentary of Coach Baioni & the all the great work he and others have done since taking over the program less than two years ago. You were correct - someone from Highlands should have stepped up to the mic. But my thinking is that the concession ladies probably didn't think it was that big of a deal at the time - they're just trying to do their jobs & get all the bases covered.

 

I know you take some c*ap on here, but the bottom line for me is you put in a lot of time & effort to post some great information that the rest of us (Cov Cath friend or foe) otherwise wouldn't have access to. To the people who are annoyed by your "bias," I say step up to the plate & post your own game summaries.

 

The time and effort he puts forth is fine and he is entitled to his opinion, but he gets sensitive if you disagree with him. Also a misconception is that just because you post alot, it doesn't make your point of view correct.

 

I go to as many games a season as he does, and am glad he loves CCH so much-I think that part is cool, but just because he gives a game review because he wants to is great, and because others of us don't, that doesn't make it (us) bad.

 

His style is to give some compliments, but then be critical-generally of fans or parents, not players or coaches, unless others criticize CCH coaches or players in any way, and then he claims the Colonels were sick, injured, or played so many games in a short period of time, etc. All folks on BGP knows where he comes from, I just think he needs a litlle corrective notice from time to time so he realizes all of us don't think the world revolves around CovCath, or that the Colonels and their faithful are without fault. :D

The time and effort he puts forth is fine and he is entitled to his opinion, but he gets sensitive if you disagree with him. Also a misconception is that just because you post alot, it doesn't make your point of view correct.

 

I go to as many games a season as he does, and am glad he loves CCH so much-I think that part is cool, but just because he gives a game review because he wants to is great, and because others of us don't, that doesn't make it (us) bad.

 

His style is to give some compliments, but then be critical-generally of fans or parents, not players or coaches, unless others criticize CCH coaches or players in any way, and then he claims the Colonels were sick, injured, or played so many games in a short period of time, etc. All folks on BGP knows where he comes from, I just think he needs a litlle corrective notice from time to time so he realizes all of us don't think the world revolves around CovCath, or that the Colonels and their faithful are without fault. :D

 

This is one great post!!!!:thumb:

In case anyone cares, CovCath had the "sweep" on TUE. JV won 2-1 and the Frosh won 8-5. From what I understand, all 3 games were competitive and generally well played. Hopefully all 6 teams in the 3 games got better from the experience. That is what the season is for.

I want to address the "throwing the ball" at the runner comment. The "old school" was that if a runner came in sliding high or still running at you the ball would be thrown at his head and thus he would get down and slide the next time he came into second. This is akin to throwing at the batter's head when he squares to bunt on a sqeeze play. My feeling is while a few may teach it above the HS level neither has a place in the high school game. I have seen both tactics used at the collegiate level as well as summer ball levels with older players.

I am not a huge fan or supporter of either of these teams, but I have to side with TOG here. For a CCH parent to have to do the PA for an away game is pretty sad. I don't think it is neccessary to jump all over him for pointing it out, because if they are going to have a PA system they should have someone to do it every game, or just do away with it until next year when they maybe have someone to do it for every game. Should not have to ask opposing teams parents to volunteer to work at an away game for them.

I think it all is being blown out of porportion here and the focus should be on the kids and the game not on the PA announcer. I am assuming that a PA announcer at a baseball game simply announces the names of the players batting and prior to the game maybe the kids in their positions? I dont know, not much work there to be honest.

Really? It's that big a deal? Tough crowd.

 

People who are watching the game like knowing who the hitter is. The kids like hearing their name on the loud speaker. Reading more into it than that is senseless. Who cares what voice is delivering the message? I mean, other than us bloggers.

 

The Highlands coach is trying to build that program back up. He's making things "more professional" so that kids want to play in his program. Perhaps the person that usually handles this chore was stuck in traffic. I don't know. So a Cov Cath fan stepped in to help make things more fun for both team. Cheers to him/her.

 

 

 

 

 

I am not a huge fan or supporter of either of these teams, but I have to side with TOG here. For a CCH parent to have to do the PA for an away game is pretty sad. I don't think it is neccessary to jump all over him for pointing it out, because if they are going to have a PA system they should have someone to do it every game, or just do away with it until next year when they maybe have someone to do it for every game. Should not have to ask opposing teams parents to volunteer to work at an away game for them.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.