Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the NBA Playoffs

Featured Replies

Cavs take care of the Bulls as expected in Game 1 and it looks like the Hawks should be able to hold on against the Bucks to take the lead in that series.

 

I'm a Chicago fan, but the playoffs don't TRULY begin until the Western Conference tips off. : )

  • Replies 290
  • Views 29.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cavs looked like the '96 Bulls in the 1st half. Unfortunately they looked like the 2010 Nets in the 2nd. I'm liking the difference I think Jamison and Shaq will make over the course of the playoffs. Shaq is in the kind of shape he hasn't been in since his Laker days, so I'm optimistic about what he can bring.

 

Bucks-Hawks...Who cares?

 

What was up with KG at the end of the Celtics game? He's been acting awful lately. I'm hoping the Cavs can take them down in the next round, and do it with ease. The Heat are an awful basketball team and if I were DWade I would go to Chicago or team up with Bosh or Amare in New York.

  • Author

The Celtics/Heat are going to beat each other senseless over 7 games. The "winner" will get a well rested Cavs team, good luck with that.

I don't fault KG for anything he did.

The first round matchups in the West are more appealing to me.

I don't fault KG for anything he did.

 

I don't know, Richardson walks over to check on Paul Pierce and KG elbows him and gets in his face. He gets pushed and one of the Heat guys is trying to hold him up and he elbows another in the face. Maybe you saw a different scuffle than I did. Heck, Spikes is the biggest KG fan in the world and couldn't even defend it.

KG is letting off a year of frustration because he has been terrible this year.

I don't know, Richardson walks over to check on Paul Pierce and KG elbows him and gets in his face. He gets pushed and one of the Heat guys is trying to hold him up and he elbows another in the face. Maybe you saw a different scuffle than I did. Heck, Spikes is the biggest KG fan in the world and couldn't even defend it.

 

Um he wasn't "checking" on him at all. He even said something later about taking the ball out of bounds. KG pushed him away and said something well before an elbow was thrown. The elbow was dumb and I think he'll have to sit a game, but we saw a different beginning of the scuffle for sure.

I don't know, Richardson walks over to check on Paul Pierce and KG elbows him and gets in his face. He gets pushed and one of the Heat guys is trying to hold him up and he elbows another in the face. Maybe you saw a different scuffle than I did. Heck, Spikes is the biggest KG fan in the world and couldn't even defend it.

 

I guess we saw it differently. I saw Richardson walk up and make some contact. No way IMO was Q there to "check on Paul Pierce." You've got KG standing over a teammate in front of the opposing bench and an opposing players comes up and makes contact. Its a volatile situation that Q made worse. Once it starts you can't blame a guy for being extra defensive and protective when he's got opposing players swarming around him. You never know who's throwing a punch so you go on the offensive.

 

He will be suspended but I fully understand his thinking.

I guess we saw it differently. I saw Richardson walk up and make some contact. No way IMO was Q there to "check on Paul Pierce." You've got KG standing over a teammate in front of the opposing bench and an opposing players comes up and makes contact. Its a volatile situation that Q made worse. Once it starts you can't blame a guy for being extra defensive and protective when he's got opposing players swarming around him. You never know who's throwing a punch so you go on the offensive.

 

He will be suspended but I fully understand his thinking.

 

You and I saw it the same.

Um he wasn't "checking" on him at all. He even said something later about taking the ball out of bounds. KG pushed him away and said something well before an elbow was thrown. The elbow was dumb and I think he'll have to sit a game, but we saw a different beginning of the scuffle for sure.

 

I will buy that Richardson was just wanting to take the ball out of bounds.

 

I guess we saw it differently. I saw Richardson walk up and make some contact. No way IMO was Q there to "check on Paul Pierce." You've got KG standing over a teammate in front of the opposing bench and an opposing players comes up and makes contact. Its a volatile situation that Q made worse. Once it starts you can't blame a guy for being extra defensive and protective when he's got opposing players swarming around him. You never know who's throwing a punch so you go on the offensive.

 

He will be suspended but I fully understand his thinking.

 

I will not buy that Richardson was talking smack or looking for a fight. Watch his reaction when Garnett nudged him with the elbow. I generally like KG but he was the one in the wrong IMO.

 

In any case, I hope he tries that garbage on the Cavs if they meet up.

Quentin Richardson got it right. Kevin Garnett is a baby, and Pierce is the most notorious injury faker in the history of the NBA. KG is having a hard time realizing his career is at the very end. Their sense of entitlement kills me. Kind of like KG jawing at LeBron in the last Celtic/Cav game when KG has done nothing of substance consistently for a 2 week period in 2 years. Poor old fella......

 

 

"He started to talk to me, so I talked back," Richardson said. "I don't have any business talking to [Pierce], he was on the ground crying. I don't know what was going on, two actresses over there, that's what they are."

 

"I don't like them, and they know it," Richardson added. "Sometimes he [Pierce] falls like he's about to be out for the season, and then he gets right up. That's all I said."

 

 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=5109505

 

Funny, no one is talking about suspending Quentin Richardson.

I will buy that Richardson was just wanting to take the ball out of bounds.

 

I will not buy that Richardson was talking smack or looking for a fight. Watch his reaction when Garnett nudged him with the elbow. I generally like KG but he was the one in the wrong IMO.

 

 

:lol: Watch the video.

 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=5109505

 

He goes over to talk trash. No other explanation. He's not looking for the ball, and he gets right in KG's face and stays there. His comments afterwards tell you all you need to know. Just trying to talk trash.

 

No reason to go over to an opponent who's on the ground. Period.

  • Author

Wasn't OKC supposed to challenge the Lakers or does that only apply to Games 3 and 4

:lol: Watch the video.

 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=5109505

 

He goes over to talk trash. No other explanation. He's not looking for the ball, and he gets right in KG's face and stays there. His comments afterwards tell you all you need to know. Just trying to talk trash.

 

No reason to go over to an opponent who's on the ground. Period.

 

How can we know what was said? In any case it was dumb of Garnett to start a fight overtop of an injured teammate. KG was not innocent even if Q was at fault too. :idunno:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.