Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brandon Knight Doesn't Sign L.O.I.

Featured Replies

Knight signed financial papers, but not a L.O.I.

 

Probably not a big deal, and a smart move by Knight. This way, if something were to happen with Cal (like a jump to the Nets) he has a way out if he chooses.

 

I've never understood why more kids don't do this.:idunno:

Knight signed financial papers, but not a L.O.I.

 

Probably not a big deal, and a smart move by Knight. This way, if something were to happen with Cal (like a jump to the Nets) he has a way out if he chooses.

 

I've never understood why more kids don't do this.:idunno:

 

I'm pretty sure even if he signed a LOI he could still leave if Cal left. Look at Cousins and Dodson.

^Sure they could probably leave, but they'd have to get the university to release them, which isn't a guarantee. It makes sense for the top guys to not sign one.

So... Since he didn't sign a LOI, is it a violation that Cal talked about him?

 

Or does the financial aid offer cancel that out?

  • Author
I'm pretty sure even if he signed a LOI he could still leave if Cal left. Look at Cousins and Dodson.

 

The only way to leave after you sign is if the university releases you. The school is not obligated to do so.

So... Since he didn't sign a LOI, is it a violation that Cal talked about him?

 

Or does the financial aid offer cancel that out?

 

I didn't think he said his name specifically.

  • Author
I didn't think he said his name specifically.

 

I'd say your safe once a could starts the enrollment procedure (financial aid).

I didn't think he said his name specifically.

 

This is a quote from the press release on the UK Athletics site.

“When you hear the name Brandon Knight, you think about a warrior on and off the court,” Calipari said. “This young man is as driven as any other player that I've ever coached. The possibility of having a year of credits before he enters college is unbelievable and he also has a 4.3 GPA.

 

“As a basketball player, when you are rated one, two or three in your class you know where you stand on the court. He's already being projected as a 2011 NBA Draft pick and rightfully so.

 

http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/041610aaa.html

So... Since he didn't sign a LOI, is it a violation that Cal talked about him?

 

Or does the financial aid offer cancel that out?

 

It would be if Cal did talk about him since he only signed scholarship players. However, shortly after the signing of Knight ESPNU had Cal on but he didn't talk about Knight one bit. He even stated that he wasn't allowed to talk about him but he did say he wanted to congratulate the school and the coach there for running a fine institution. That was close as he came. No violation...

This years class is just like a watered down class of last year.

 

Knight

Lamb ? Bledsoe

Poole ? Dodson

Kanter

 

All are somewhat comparable. Only problem is we need Jones/Leslie to replace paterson. It all makes sense.

I'm pretty sure even if he signed a LOI he could still leave if Cal left. Look at Cousins and Dodson.

 

But Memphis, at the urging of Calipari, had a clause in their LOI allowing them out of the letter in the instance that there were a coaching change. I don't know if UK has that in their's. I can't see Barnhart allowing that to be part of the LOI. Just a hunch on the last part.

I'd say your safe once a could starts the enrollment procedure (financial aid).

 

A coach can talk about a recruit once he signs A) A letter of intent or B) Scholarship papers. Knight signed the latter & shows his intelligence by not signing the former.

A coach can talk about a recruit once he signs A) A letter of intent or B) Scholarship papers. Knight signed the latter & shows his intelligence by not signing the former.

 

Thanks... That's what I figured, just making sure.

I hope more kids see this and start doing it. I'm not a fan of a kid being at the mercy of the school if a coach decides to leave.

But Memphis, at the urging of Calipari, had a clause in their LOI allowing them out of the letter in the instance that there were a coaching change. I don't know if UK has that in their's. I can't see Barnhart allowing that to be part of the LOI. Just a hunch on the last part.

 

The NCAA removed the option of putting in those clauses...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.