Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Williamstown

Featured Replies

Just saw this job was posted on KHSAA. What happen to Stacey May, I thought he did a fantastic job considering the talent he had.

I was wondering the same thing; whether he left or was asked to step down.

They'll have a hard time filling this one.

A post the other day mentioned he left for Henry County.

Just saw this job was posted on KHSAA. What happen to Stacey May, I thought he did a fantastic job considering the talent he had.

 

I was wondering the same thing; whether he left or was asked to step down.

 

A couple of transfers out of the district to Grant County probably didn't help his cause this year.

 

I think the administration has some certain things that they wanted to address/prioritize, and he didn't neccessarily agree with, so he left on his own. As to the Henry County JV job...I don't know.

Stacy May did a great job IMO. They will be hard pressed to replace him.

So here we go, have the rumors started swirling around yet about who will apply?

Stacy May's coaching job at Williamstown was outstanding. His teams were always well prepared, played hard and very competitive. Really did a great job of maximizing their talent and developing their players. Not sure why he is leaving but he will be missed.

Has anyone applied

Stacy is a state trooper and since certified personnel get priority I think the job has to be posted each year to see if there is a school person interested in the job. Not 100% positive about this, but a retired principal told me this.

If that was the case they would have to post their Girls job as well because Coach Wilhoite works at Toyota.

With Grant County finally naming someone outside the system as their new head coach, does Williamstown look at any of their former assistants? I know the JV coach, Dustin Plunkett was the JV coach at Wtown for a couple of years. And freshman coach Shaun West goes to church there in Williamstown...so both have ties to the community. Of course, Coach Hicks might invite both back under his staff...so, this is pure speculation.

 

And if Williamstown is looking for somebody certified, then would they be willing to "wait" until Plunkett graduates in December? Or has somebody heard any other names mentioned?

I heard the name Sigmond and Tyler Jones.

I would say Plunkett probably burnt that bridge when he left Williamstown for Grant Co, last year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.