Best Underclassmen

Silver Grove has taken the tact of playing mainly middle school players and although not winning they are starting to produce some hitting numbers and they are making some plays:

Billy Miller 7th grade SS hitting around 270

William Govan 8th grade CF/C hitting around 250

Briley Seiter 6th grade 2B hitting right around 300

Zach Tucker 8th grade 1B/P

Andrew Klug 8th grade OF

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Travis Jones-Jr.Newport. Hitting well over 400 and playing great at SS. This kid is a real good ball player that no one hear's about because Newport is down this year and the team does not call in his stats. For anyone that has played against or watched him play, what is your opinion on this young man?

Nice player to watch, can't wait to see what he does with his summer team.

Ludlow has a few very young players that have been a pleasant suprise. Camerena has stepped up big for them is year as well as Timmy Helmer. Both will only get better with time. I believe Timmy is only a freshman. Kid has wheels, baseball smarts, and just hustles on and off the field. He will do big things in the future.

Not only is Teegarden one of the best underclassmen he could be POY canidate,

HItting .467, 24 RBI, 4 HRs, and leading in ERA for pitching at .032, plus he is very solid at defense and loves the game and it shows. Keep it up Doug.

Colin Smith and Hunter Dunn of Cooper are both 8th graders. Smith is a big lefty and Dunn a big righty. Both have handled themselves very well at the JV level. Smith has pitched 2 complete games (Conner & Holy Cross) and collected the "W's" on both. Dunn has pitched very well and has played exceptional at 3rd. He's hitting a little over .400 with 3 HR's. Put these boys with the 9th graders Blank, Collins, Carella, Carr and Setzer and they should have a very good varsity team in a couple of years.

I heard Jared Blank at Cooper has been one of the top hitters. My son has friends on the team and they say Jared is the best fielder they have but I haven't seen the games.

Jared is a great player all around i wouldnt say he is our best fielder i think thompson would get that one. he has only 3 errors on the entire season. but jareds bat is very strong.

Colin Smith and Hunter Dunn of Cooper are both 8th graders. Smith is a big lefty and Dunn a big righty. Both have handled themselves very well at the JV level. Smith has pitched 2 complete games (Conner & Holy Cross) and collected the "W's" on both. Dunn has pitched very well and has played exceptional at 3rd. He's hitting a little over .400 with 3 HR's. Put these boys with the 9th graders Blank, Collins, Carella, Carr and Setzer and they should have a very good varsity team in a couple of years.

2011 look out. we will be very strong, we are stacked all around but alot of still learning some stuff. but i do agree with you.

I'll weigh in with "Choppie " Jones at Newport.......nice hitter, infielder & doing some pitching. Going even younger, I have to think Quinton Murray at Highlands is one of the best freshman. Playing varsity and pitching as a third starter, hitting well and playing every infield position. I have seen him several times this year and am very impressed !

I'll weigh in with "Choppie " Jones at Newport.......nice hitter, infielder & doing some pitching. Going even younger, I have to think Quinton Murray at Highlands is one of the best freshman. Playing varsity and pitching as a third starter, hitting well and playing every infield position. I have seen him several times this year and am very impressed !

Like I stated earlier in this thread in April, Q is really coming of age for a young player. He pitched a whale of game yesterday. For a freshman to get a bat on the ball on the first suicide squeeze to foul it off when it was high and tight shows you the kind of skill he has. The fact that he moves around the diamond and plays several positions and he is really mature for a 9th grader, I think he is going to be a special talent.....

Murray is very tough on the mound.

6th grade SS/2B Briley Seiter for Silver Grove has a great glove and has hit surprisingly well in the lead off spot for the Trains. unfortunately they struggle no matter who they play....but the flip side it gives a kid like him an opportunity to play varsity at 12 where most places you could not.

I think this kid will get hurt eventually. He's good, but he's twelve...I thought he was an eighth grader.

Travis Jones-Jr.Newport. Hitting well over 400 and playing great at SS. This kid is a real good ball player that no one hear's about because Newport is down this year and the team does not call in his stats. For anyone that has played against or watched him play, what is your opinion on this young man?

I like Choppy. He's frustrated playing for a struggling team this year. Does anyone know if this kid plays summer ball?

I dont care what anybody says on here. Blake Tiberi is the real deal and is the best underclassmen in NKY by far. I mean look at his stats for varsity. He is in the top 5 in virtually every category there is pitching and hitting. An absolutely phenomenal player. He is the best underclassmen period.

I dont care what anybody says on here. Blake Tiberi is the real deal and is the best underclassmen in NKY by far. I mean look at his stats for varsity. He is in the top 5 in virtually every category there is pitching and hitting. An absolutely phenomenal player. He is the best underclassmen period.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :p

Just to clarify, there are other freshman playing varsity that are competing at very high levels. Mr Tiberi is very good, but he's not even light years ahead of all freshman. He should get a lot of accolades but to say that he is "the best underclassmen in NKY by far" might be a little over the top. :cool:

App Games Wins Losses ER ERA Hits BB IP Runs K

Brown 7 6 2 1 11 2.14 22 21 36 20 49

Tiberi 7 4 4 1 16 4.48 0 0 25 18 27

Games AB Hits BB 2B 3B HR RBI AVG SB R

Brown 28 88 30 10 4 2 1 9 0.341 4 19

Tiberi 29 85 41 0 10 4 0 17 0.482 0 23