Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Northern Kentucky Track

Featured Replies

NKAC is at Dixie later this week. We will see who is better Cov or CC. I personally feel that Campbell will have the edge on the track but Cov will have the edge on the field....Overall advantage Cov. Too many field events, Cov will capitalize. I would say SK, Ryle, and Conner are the next three schools...not sure what Highlands have this year.

 

CC Girls is by far the best team in NKY and top 5 in the state. Their program is one to model yours from.

  • Replies 57
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NKAC is at Dixie later this week. We will see who is better Cov or CC. I personally feel that Campbell will have the edge on the track but Cov will have the edge on the field....Overall advantage Cov. Too many field events, Cov will capitalize. I would say SK, Ryle, and Conner are the next three schools...not sure what Highlands have this year.

 

CC Girls is by far the best team in NKY and top 5 in the state. Their program is one to model yours from.

 

I think it will be interesting.

 

Campbell County will definitely benefit from the fact that SK and Boone have a great chance to beat Cov Cath in the Long and Triple. And if I remember correctly ... SK is also pretty good in the Shot/Disc. The points that they score could offset what Campbell would lose against Cov Cath in field events.

 

Nothing against Cov Cath ... but if they are going to get beat ... this year is the year.

I think it will be interesting.

 

Campbell County will definitely benefit from the fact that SK and Boone have a great chance to beat Cov Cath in the Long and Triple. And if I remember correctly ... SK is also pretty good in the Shot/Disc. The points that they score could offset what Campbell would lose against Cov Cath in field events.

 

Nothing against Cov Cath ... but if they are going to get beat ... this year is the year.

 

Ryle also has two solid long jumpers. Not much in the rest of the field events but they have a fairly young team. CovCath will probably win conference but all that does not matter since they aren't in the same region as the rest.

 

The region will be wide open this year with CC and SK having the upper hand. But Ryle and Conner right behind them.

I've often heard the following - the only thing more boring than track is field.

 

That being said, I'm not one who thinks that is the case. .

 

I think the challenge for fans is how long these meets take.

 

However, I'll say that one of the most exciting sporting events I've witnessed in person was the 2005 state championship meet in Lexington watching Tim Duncan win the 2 hurdles events and the 4 x 400 relay. The 100m sprints at the state finals are always exciting as well.

I think the challenge for fans is how long these meets take.

 

However, I'll say that one of the most exciting sporting events I've witnessed in person was the 2005 state championship meet in Lexington watching Tim Duncan win the 2 hurdles events and the 4 x 400 relay. The 100m sprints at the state finals are always exciting as well.

 

Arguably the best athlete the state of KY has produced in the past 10 years was Tyson Gay and virtually no one saw him compete.

I think it will be interesting.

 

Campbell County will definitely benefit from the fact that SK and Boone have a great chance to beat Cov Cath in the Long and Triple. And if I remember correctly ... SK is also pretty good in the Shot/Disc. The points that they score could offset what Campbell would lose against Cov Cath in field events.

 

Nothing against Cov Cath ... but if they are going to get beat ... this year is the year.

 

Not sure I understand the thinking here. Why this year over last year or next year? I do understand they are battling some injuries, but I think they are deeper this year so they should be able to overcome them. We will see. Hopefully too many guys are not out this week.

I think it will be interesting.

 

Campbell County will definitely benefit from the fact that SK and Boone have a great chance to beat Cov Cath in the Long and Triple. And if I remember correctly ... SK is also pretty good in the Shot/Disc. The points that they score could offset what Campbell would lose against Cov Cath in field events.

 

Nothing against Cov Cath ... but if they are going to get beat ... this year is the year.

 

The key for the Camels is the performance of the young guys. Robbie Scharold, Alexx Bernard and Co. will get their points. Freshmen Nate McGovney, Cody Canaday and Grant Mahoney need to do well and steal some points for the Camels to pull it out.

Not sure I understand the thinking here. Why this year over last year or next year? I do understand they are battling some injuries, but I think they are deeper this year so they should be able to overcome them. We will see. Hopefully too many guys are not out this week.

 

 

I think that my theme has been pretty consistent. I don't think that they are as good this year as they were in the past. I also think that the other schools in the area have picked things up enough to where they can offset a lot of points from Cov Cath.

 

Cov Cath used to dominate sprints, distance and field events. Those days have been over for a while now. They aren't even a player in distance (which used to be a strong suit). There is a sprinter from Boone, Conner and Cooper that are ranked ahead of anyone from Cov Cath in the 100. That didn't happen a lot in the past.

 

I could easily go into more detail ... heck ... the field events aren't even a lock for Cov Cath according to the current Area 5 rankings.

 

And the interesting part is ... injuries don't have a lot to do with it. There are just better athletes at other schools who are actually participating in track now.

 

I think that it is great to support your school. My argument is based on the current rankings that I just sent out to area coaches this afternoon. Cov Cath's depth will help on Thursday. That isn't going to help them against Central on the first week in June.

CovCath brought their A game tonight...I definitely do not agree with Campbell County boys being the best overall right now? ..quickslick's predictions were a little off because there were no "glaring holes" in CovCath's performances tonight.

CovCath brought their A game tonight...I definitely do not agree with Campbell County boys being the best overall right now? ..quickslick's predictions were a little off because there were no "glaring holes" in CovCath's performances tonight.

 

Realy glad to hear this. I do agree with him that it will be a real challenge to repeat at state against Central, but the boys from Cov Cath still seem the team to beat up here.

Congrats to Campbell County Girls and Cov Cath Boys. Both teams really brought it last night.

 

Women - Team Rankings - 14 Events Scored

===============================================================================

1) Campbell County 84 2) Highlands 68

3) Ryle 65 4) Simon Kenton 52

5) Notre Dame 40 6) Cooper 39

7) Dixie Heights 36 8) Scott 26

9) Boone County 22 10) Conner 1

10) Holmes 1

 

Men - Team Rankings - 14 Events Scored

===============================================================================

1) Covington Catholic 111 2) Campbell County 86

3) Dixie Heights 64 4) Ryle 47

5) Simon Kenton 38 6) Boone County 33

7) Conner 26 8) Cooper 24

9) Scott 3 10) Highlands 1

Now that I am hooked on Track and Field what is the next big event?

Now that I am hooked on Track and Field what is the next big event?

 

:clap: I am not 100% certain when the next 'big' event is, but the Diocesan meets are coming up soon at Cov Cath. Frosh is next Tuesday and the Varsity is the following Monday 5/10. I know there are meets between now and then, but not sure where.

CovCath brought their A game tonight...I definitely do not agree with Campbell County boys being the best overall right now? ..quickslick's predictions were a little off because there were no "glaring holes" in CovCath's performances tonight.

 

Quickslick can speak for himself, but this was not a regular meet where individual events are contested. This is an all relay meet.

 

Cov. Cath. may very well have the best team in NKY, but I don't think you can draw that conclusion from last nights meet.

Realy glad to hear this. I do agree with him that it will be a real challenge to repeat at state against Central, but the boys from Cov Cath still seem the team to beat up here.

 

Let me go on record right now as saying:

 

I was wrong.

I was stupid.

Cov Cath is pretty freaking good--and as good as they have been.

 

If they bring the same kind of effort to the rest of the season ... they will be tough to beat. Real tough.

 

Good job to the Colonels.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.