March 29, 201016 yr How many times will we hear his name now as a possible coaching candidate for a big time program? Can Butler afford to keep him?
March 29, 201016 yr The Final Four obviously helped him, and considering he has been there for a few years, he has sustained success. But Butler is set up to succeed. They're the best of the mid-majors out there. Their gym is historic and if you don't make high-major, Butler is where you want. Todd Lickliter showed absolutely no success at Iowa after leaving Butler, but they could be Iowa or it could be Lickliter. Stevens seems like a great coach.
March 29, 201016 yr I don't see him leaving this year. Butler should be just as good & probably better next year when better jobs could be open. At worst the same types of jobs will be open with the exception of how much Oregon can pay, but I don't see them breaking the bank on him either though.
March 29, 201016 yr The second they won on Saturday I made the comment that he was gonna get a chance at a big conference.
March 29, 201016 yr One of the talking heads, maybe Dickie V, made the point that they are not a Cinderella in the truest sense. They were #10 in the nation in the preseason polls.
March 29, 201016 yr He's now in a position where he doesn't have to take the first BCS level job that hits his desk, so I can see him staying around until he finds a much better fit than say Iowa or a school along those lines...
March 29, 201016 yr Author He's now in a position where he doesn't have to take the first BCS level job that hits his desk, so I can see him staying around until he finds a much better fit than say Iowa or a school along those lines... What jobs could you see him leaving for? Are there any current openings that you could see him take?
March 29, 201016 yr He's now in a position where he doesn't have to take the first BCS level job that hits his desk, so I can see him staying around until he finds a much better fit than say Iowa or a school along those lines... I think Oregon is a good job. The resources are there to win. I don't know how well he could recruit on the west coast like that, but the talent is there to succeed.
March 29, 201016 yr What jobs could you see him leaving for? Are there any current openings that you could see him take? You'd have to think Michigan State would take a hard look if Izzo bolted for the Oregon job. Stevens has put himself in position to be very selective and only look at top level programs at this point IMO. Hard to say exactly which ones until the jobs open up...
March 29, 201016 yr You'd have to think Michigan State would take a hard look if Izzo bolted for the Oregon job. Stevens has put himself in position to be very selective and only look at top level programs at this point IMO. Hard to say exactly which ones until the jobs open up... I think he would be a good fit for Indiana if Crean doesn't work out.
March 29, 201016 yr I think Oregon is a good job. The resources are there to win. I don't know how well he could recruit on the west coast like that, but the talent is there to succeed. Nike U would be smart to go after him, but they seem to want a more veteran coach at this stage in the process. That one will be interesting to follow...
March 29, 201016 yr Who holds the record for youngest coach to make a Final Four? Anybody that played for Tark the Shark back in the day at UNLV, because he sure wasn't coaching them.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.