March 23, 201016 yr Since Kentucky played the late game last Saturday, I would think the extra two hours of rest would help UK. But then again, it's probably a conspiracy.
March 23, 201016 yr Since Kentucky played the late game last Saturday, I would think the extra two hours of rest would help UK. But then again, it's probably a conspiracy. Nice spin. 2 extra hours after 4 days off, then 2 fewer hours after 1 day off if they win.
March 23, 201016 yr Nice spin. 2 extra hours after 4 days off, then 2 fewer hours after 1 day off if they win. You're right. It's a conspiracy.
March 23, 201016 yr Nice spin. 2 extra hours after 4 days off, then 2 fewer hours after 1 day off if they win. CBS is doing UK a favor by giving them 2 less hours. If UK were to make the Final Four, there's a good chance they would be playing Duke, and that would be the late game. UK would then have 2 less hours of rest than the team that played in the other semi final game. You are just looking at it all wrong. :sssh:
March 23, 201016 yr You're right. It's a conspiracy. What? You don't want to defend your original assertion that it is actaully a positive for UK? Instead you want to paint it as if I'm claiming conspiracy when I've never said that? Typical.
March 23, 201016 yr Do bars sell after midnight on a Sat? It runs into Sunday adn I know the game wont be over until after midnight. Bars are open until 2:30 am in the NKY area every night. Especially Friday and Saturday nights. The game is on a Thursday night though...:confused: Shoot, after 11 am you can buy beer and liquor in the NKY on Sundays.
March 23, 201016 yr What? You don't want to defend your original assertion that it is actaully a positive for UK? Instead you want to paint it as if I'm claiming conspiracy when I've never said that? Typical. What's typical is everything about UK being picked apart by fans claiming something or someone is out to get them. How come UK plays the late game when it allows their opponent to rest more? How come UK got the toughest bracket? (when they didnt). How come (insert announcer here) hates on UK all the time? Why are national columnists picking on Calipari? Why is ESPN slamming UK by running stories on Antoine Walker and Winston Bennett? And on and on and on. People read my posts and think I don't like UK. It's far from the truth. Do I rearrange my schedule to watch a game on TV? No. I like UK. I'm a UK fan. It's the 18% that absolutely drives me up a wall. But if you think I'm going to make posts that claim the world is out to get UK and that bad things don't happen to or at UK, then you are wrong. I don't wear the blue shades.
March 23, 201016 yr What's typical is everything about UK being picked apart by fans claiming something or someone is out to get them. Let me get this straight. You're annoyed by some fans picking apart every UK story to find the conspiracy, so you pick apart all their posts and turn them into conspiracy theories?
March 23, 201016 yr My sarcastic smiley isn't working today. There is no conspiracy when it comes to UK, their national perception, and whether people are out to get them. The conspiracy only lives in the minds of the 18%. The only conspiracy is how much input CBS has on the brackets and matchups
March 23, 201016 yr UK fans don't bother me. I love the passion. But, its gone a little over the top in recent days. To borrow Scribe's list... How come UK plays the late game when it allows their opponent to rest more? I can't believe people are complaining about this. Seriously. How come UK got the toughest bracket? (when they didnt). This one I don't mind because opinions vary on the brackets every year. Even the experts were rambling on about how difficult UK's draw was. I disagreed with the experts then. I thought UK got a great draw as soon as I saw the pairings and I still feel that way. Hubert, Digger and company didn't convince me. I never bought Texas as a "scary":eek: game. So what if they were #1. There's a reason they dropped so far so fast. How come (insert announcer here) hates on UK all the time? Don't see this one. When I watched the ESPN tournament analysis, it did seem like they spent a lot of their time talking about UK building a case for an early exit by pointing out flaws rather than talking up their strengths...what made it strange was that all but Bilas picked them to lose in the final game. I didn't have a problem with it...youth, free throw shooting...those are legit points in the Big Dance. But, as I said, they all turned around and picked them to win 5 games. :idunno: Why are national columnists picking on Calipari? It seems like Calipari is always getting articles written about him. Has there been more lately? I can't really comment on this one, other than saying I haven't seen or noticed anything unusual. Why is ESPN slamming UK by running stories on Antoine Walker and Winston Bennett? I really think this one is out there. Coincidence. Some among us seem to have reached a level of hypersensitivity that is only attainable in the third trimester. Perhaps they're in the process of birthing another national championship banner.
March 23, 201016 yr My sarcastic smiley isn't working today. There is no conspiracy when it comes to UK, their national perception, and whether people are out to get them. The conspiracy only lives in the minds of the 18%. The only conspiracy is how much input CBS has on the brackets and matchups No it's working, it just loses it's effect when it's done every single post....
March 23, 201016 yr UK fans don't bother me. I love the passion. But, its gone a little over the top in recent days. I'll start a new one. I was listening to Cowherd this afternoon, and he was talking about how he doesn't pull for the little guy, he pulls for the big teams. He then proceeded to say he pulls for Kansas, Duke, and Syracuse. UK was the only 1 seed that didn't make his list.
March 23, 201016 yr No it's working, it just loses it's effect when it's done every single post.... :thumb:
March 23, 201016 yr I'll start a new one. I was listening to Cowherd this afternoon, and he was talking about how he doesn't pull for the little guy, he pulls for the big teams. He then proceeded to say he pulls for Kansas, Duke, and Syracuse. UK was the only 1 seed that didn't make his list. When it comes to NCAA basketball I think Cowherd says whatever comes to mind and then backs away when his "facts" are off. The other day he was talking about UK not being a Top 5 program. Which is fine by his criteria. It wasn't a conspiracy but a ratings game. Still I found it humorous that Cowherd said the instability of coaching at UK over the last 10 years was the part that left them "wanting." Yet UNC was included. When confronted by a caller with the fact that UNC has been just as unstable in the coaching end the past 10 years as KY he refuted it but didn't analyze it. Truth is UNC deserves higher ranking in the last 10 years by virtue of 2 titles. But coaching wise they were a mess from Guthridge to Doherty to Williams. Those Doherty years can't be cast aside anymore than UK can cast aside the Gillespie years (too short to call it an era). But I do agree with 5 Wide, give it a rest UK faithful. I'm a very big Blue fan but not so blind as to see "boogey men" under every bed. (Or table in an Italian Restaurant. )
March 23, 201016 yr When it comes to NCAA basketball I think Cowherd says whatever comes to mind and then backs away when his "facts" are off. The other day he was talking about UK not being a Top 5 program. Which is fine by his criteria. It wasn't a conspiracy but a ratings game. Still I found it humorous that Cowherd said the instability of coaching at UK over the last 10 years was the part that left them "wanting." Yet UNC was included. When confronted by a caller with the fact that UNC has been just as unstable in the coaching end the past 10 years as KY he refuted it but didn't analyze it. Truth is UNC deserves higher ranking in the last 10 years by virtue of 2 titles. But coaching wise they were a mess from Guthridge to Doherty to Williams. Those Doherty years can't be cast aside anymore than UK can cast aside the Gillespie years (too short to call it an era). But I do agree with 5 Wide, give it a rest UK faithful. I'm a very big Blue fan but not so blind as to see "boogey men" under every bed. (Or table in an Italian Restaurant. ) I like Cowherd. He just likes to get a reaction. Colin was talking Calipari up pretty good a few days back. He was on a rant about how X's and O's were overrated (which I agree with). He said Calipari is a better coach than Bob Knight right now, because he understands and relates to the game today better. He asked Cal in an interview what he did to get his team ready for the tournament and Cal said he wanted the teams fresh, so practices were shortened to 90 minutes at the most and film study was shortened. That was Colin's argument. Its about talent, not who can draw up the best play or break down film and game plan better. I agree.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.