Regional Coaches Of The Year

I'm glad to see Doug Noble get 14th region coach of the year. I thought he did a great job down there this year.

Is he going to get another year their? I heard early in the district tourney probably not, but after the regional tourney, maybe they changed their minds. I thought he did a pretty good job and he does have one of the best guards coming up, and it is his son. :) :clap:

Is he going to get another year their? I heard early in the district tourney probably not, but after the regional tourney, maybe they changed their minds. I thought he did a pretty good job and he does have one of the best guards coming up, and it is his son. :) :clap:

I'm not sure, I've heard so many different things it ain't even funny, but I'd be surprised if they got rid of him now that he won coach of the year. Stranger things have happened.

Its a shame that with all the success Coach O'Hearn was able to achieve that he did not win this award. Griesser at Montgomery also did a great job, taking an unranked team that many people overlooked and lead them to the regional tournament.

I agree!

Its a shame that with all the success Coach O'Hearn was able to achieve that he did not win this award. Griesser at Montgomery also did a great job, taking an unranked team that many people overlooked and lead them to the regional tournament.

Who did Montgomery knock off to get to the regional tournament? I'll bet they were more unranked than Montgomery.

Who did Montgomery knock off to get to the regional tournament? I'll bet they were more unranked than Montgomery.

Based on Cats Pause pre season rankings:

Montgomery vs.:

#5 Deming MCHS by 25

#6 Pendleton MCHS by 14 and in regional PCHS by 13

#9 St. Patrick MCHS by 12 on the road

#10 Bracken MCHS by 8 on the road

Add beating a tough Conner team on the road and winning the Clinton County Holiday tournament. Most people predicted this team to have 8-10 wins this season but they finished 18-11. This team started only 1 player with any significant varsity experience and if Coach G said he was going "big" it meant he was putting in his 6'1" post player. I would say one heck of a coaching job.