Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 42 Newport Central Catholic 36

Featured Replies

Lets go PUBIC SCHOOLS ...........They can have all the class A they want.....:dancingpa

 

Did you mean PUBLIC? :thumb:20n10

  • Replies 73
  • Views 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am not familiar with Ryle's team as last night was the first time I saw them play, but I must say there still seems to be some resentment on here about who shoots the ball. They just won a HUGE game and some people still seem to get caught up in petty shots at the way they played.

 

 

What??? I agreed with paNDA that she looked to score everytime she touched the ball and I get scolded...goodness, I gotta buy a camera!

 

Shooters shoot...and have no conscious.

NCC having a late lead is a testament to coaching.

 

Thanks for allowing me to have an opinion.:clap:

 

Coaches can't coach without talent. You can't win all the games NCC did on coaching alone. Scoring is not the only talent needed to play basketball. Theese girls have played man to man D all year pressing and forcing the action. You can't play man to man all year and not have athletes. They have 6to8 wins against

teams that have been ranked at one tme or the other. they have lost 3 games all to teams that were also ranked by a total of 18 points. Ron is a hell of a coach but you don't do that without talent.

And as far as allowing you your opinion I'm not able to take that away, just as you can't take mine away.

Coaches can't coach without talent. You can't win all the games NCC did on coaching alone. Scoring is not the only talent needed to play basketball. Theese girls have played man to man D all year pressing and forcing the action. You can't play man to man all year and not have athletes. They have 6to8 wins against

teams that have been ranked at one tme or the other. they have lost 3 games all to teams that were also ranked by a total of 18 points. Ron is a hell of a coach but you don't do that without talent.

And as far as allowing you your opinion I'm not able to take that away, just as you can't take mine away.

 

:thumb:Great Post! 20n10

How good would Ryle be if Moss was still there? WOW!

How good would Ryle be if Moss was still there? WOW!

 

The chemistry was not there when she was at Ryle. Not knocking anyone here but it did not work well. I think it is best the way it worked out. Moss to Boone and the girls at Ryle have matured to be a strong Regional contender. My opinion here mind you.

  • Author
The chemistry was not there when she was at Ryle. Not knocking anyone here but it did not work well. I think it is best the way it worked out. Moss to Boone and the girls at Ryle have matured to be a strong Regional contender. My opinion here mind you.
I agree, it's sure makes the rivalry a little better.

Shockey, why are the Ryle students not at the games? The boys game was the same, barely any students while the other teams came out in force?

  • Author
Shockey, why are the Ryle students not at the games? The boys game was the same, barely any students while the other teams came out in force?
It baffles me paNDA. They were out in force at the finals of the 33rd District at Ryle but it seems to always be family members at our games. I love watching the boys from Holy Cross the other night and the boys from Boone at the 1st Boone Ryle matchup this year. A sign of the times maybe.
What??? I agreed with paNDA that she looked to score everytime she touched the ball and I get scolded...goodness, I gotta buy a camera!

 

Shooters shoot...and have no conscious.

Wasn't refering to your quote specifically, but it could have been meant sarcastically. If it wasn't, then I apologize. It just seemed others posters were a bit out of sorts. I agree completly that if you are on the floor to score you keep shooting as long as they are good shots.

Coaches can't coach without talent. You can't win all the games NCC did on coaching alone. Scoring is not the only talent needed to play basketball. Theese girls have played man to man D all year pressing and forcing the action. You can't play man to man all year and not have athletes. They have 6to8 wins against

teams that have been ranked at one tme or the other. they have lost 3 games all to teams that were also ranked by a total of 18 points. Ron is a hell of a coach but you don't do that without talent.

And as far as allowing you your opinion I'm not able to take that away, just as you can't take mine away.

Certainly agree the talent level at NCC was at least equal to Ryle. A truer test may be next year for NCC when they lose their point guard and inside presence. Same with Ryle when their trio of good players are gone. I think that is why people respect Fookes so much. Do it for 10-15 years, or in her case 20+, and then see how well a team performs. In any case, no coach wins without good talent to start with.

Coaches can't coach without talent. You can't win all the games NCC did on coaching alone. Scoring is not the only talent needed to play basketball. Theese girls have played man to man D all year pressing and forcing the action. You can't play man to man all year and not have athletes. They have 6to8 wins against

teams that have been ranked at one tme or the other. they have lost 3 games all to teams that were also ranked by a total of 18 points. Ron is a hell of a coach but you don't do that without talent.

And as far as allowing you your opinion I'm not able to take that away, just as you can't take mine away.

 

You seem to be a sensitive one. Whoever said NC didn't have athletes? They were outmanned in my opinion yet the combo of their players and their coach had them not only in the game but leading. Ryle IMO doesn't have the coaching that NC does and it shows.

 

Relax a bit, my friend. I know talent when I see it and NC has talent. Its why I said they were one of only 3 teams with a legit chance to win the 9th.

Lets go PUBIC SCHOOLS ...........They can have all the class A they want.....:dancingpa
Nice :rolleyes:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.