Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AAU Basketball

Featured Replies

  • Author

I like Pulaski to win this weekend at U10 D1. Team was loaded this weekend in Gtwon.

 

NKY Knights will be tough out in the U12 state. Team is loaded with talent and Todd does a great job coaching them. Will they go D1 or D2?

 

NKY Knight to repeat in the U13, lot's of size and talent on that team. I would assume D1 after winning D2 last year?

 

NKY Tarheels U14 haven't seen them this year, but from their preformance this summer in nationals, have to be the favorites going into the tournament.

  • Replies 72
  • Views 16.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the NKY wildcats are the team to beat and I feel the Magic are probably 2nd, however Hoops Elite South played very well this past weekend for their first time out without a practice and missing 2 key players. They were up 10 on the Magic in the 4th quarter but i don't know what the final margin of victory was. I think you would have to consider Hoops South a contender. I know they are practicing everyday and they will play most every weekend until the nationals. They should be very competitive at the nationals.

 

The other Hoops team is the D1 team, I do think they played in Indiana a few weeks ago.

No team should ever have to play 3 in a row or 6 in a day. That is just plain ridiculous. That will lead to injury, very poorly done by the tournament director. Generation Next is very talented, however, all of their kids are grade exceptions, that is why they don't play in the AAU state.

  • Author
No team should ever have to play 3 in a row or 6 in a day. That is just plain ridiculous. That will lead to injury, very poorly done by the tournament director. Generation Next is very talented, however, all of their kids are grade exceptions, that is why they don't play in the AAU state.

 

Gen Next has split up. Most of their grade exception kids play for the South Side Ballers now.

The NKY Knights will be strong in all age groups. Here are some other teams that I know that will be good or were good last year.

 

U11 - NKY Wildcats, NKY Magic

U12 - Omega Rhinos, NKY Suns, Lex Blaze, Montgomery County

U13 - Omega Flight, Scott County Wolfpack, The Ville, CKY Warriors

U14 - KY Elite, Derek Smith AS

 

My understanding is that the KY Elite and DS All Stars are no longer together. NKY Tarheels should be the favorites. It will be interesting to see what teams show up in U14 - one tourney or two????

  • Author
My understanding is that the KY Elite and DS All Stars are no longer together. NKY Tarheels should be the favorites. It will be interesting to see what teams show up in U14 - one tourney or two????

 

Did the KY Elite team break up or did the whole KY Elite organization break up?

It was their 6th game of the day with three in a row to finish things up.

I would say they must have had a scheduling confilct to play that many in one day. I dont think the tournament director would do that to anyone, and the coach would have to agree to it.

I am also surprised you didn't mention Hoops Elite South who easily defeated the Northern Kentucky Magic this weekend in Louisville and narrowly lost to Bloomington Red in the finals (having not yet held a practice). They will be a favorite to win the 11/u state, they were also missing 2 of their better players this weekend. This is the Albany Bulldogs team that finished 9th in the D2 nationals last season with 4 new players. Generation next has too many grade exceptions to participate in the state but they are an exceptional team, and the NKY Wildcats will also be VERY strong and I would agree, the team to beat until proven otherwise. I look for there to be only 1 division unless the Wildcats go D1, then there could be 4 D1 teams. If the Wildcats go D1, I would say there will be 2 divisions, if not only 1.

 

In 13/u Kentucky Elite will be the team to beat with 7th grade state tourney MVP Logan Gardner and Corey Stearns from Wayne County along with several of the top players from Eastern and southern Kentucky. (Beverly, Justice, Davis, Dishman, Blackburn,Allen, Baxter) This team will be coached by Brad Sizemore. Other top 13/u teams will be the Ville and NKY Knights.

 

12/u Hoop Dreams and Kentucky Elite will be the teams to beat. The Lexington Colonels and Mercer County will also be very good.

 

In 10/u Hoops Elite will surprise some people. They have 4th grader Andrew Taylor from Corbin playing down with them (he plays for Hoops Elite south 11/u).

 

NKY Suns were 3rd last year and have improved. Don't overlook them.

Did the KY Elite team break up or did the whole KY Elite organization break up?

 

I know that the 15U KY Elite are still together and will be very strong again this year.

NKY Suns were 3rd last year and have improved. Don't overlook them.

 

I heard they were going to play D1..

I heard they were going to play D1..

 

I will find out today.

I know it was discussed because last year, teams that should have been playing D1 were not playing D1 and the D2 level was loaded.

There are currently 4 teams registered D1 for 11/u

 

Louisville Elite

BCK

NKY Magic

Nky Wildcats

 

He expects 2 more teams to be added.

 

There are 8 teams in the D2 state with about 3 more teams to be added

 

6 teams in D1

and about 12 in D2

Will make for 2 good tournaments

Did the KY Elite team break up or did the whole KY Elite organization break up?

 

There were 2 KY Elite teams last year with the 13s winning state and the 14s finishing second. As mentioned above the 15s will be back again with pretty much the same roster. The 14s are you knew them last year are no longer, but I know that there will be 2 or 3 teams called KY Elite Kings that will be led by last year's 14U coaches (one was mentioned above and I believe they will have 12U, 13U and 14U). The only kid I am hearing that played on the 13s last year that will be on the 14s is Portwood. I am hearing some are going to Hoop Dreams, some to Louisville Legends and some to OBC out of OH.

 

So in the 14s this year it will come down between Tarheels, Legends, Hoop Dreams, Elite and Derek Smith.

  • Author

Any KBA updates from the 4th grade state?

Why don't they post the scores? Is Clevenger running the state at the KBA?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.