Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does Clark County have a weakness?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
From the outside looking in, it appears that Clark's weakness is between their ears./QUOTE]

 

After seeing article in Winchester Sun this my be the case.

From the outside looking in, it appears that Clark's weakness is between their ears./QUOTE]

 

After seeing article in Winchester Sun this my be the case.

 

I just read that article. Sounds like I wasn't too far off target. For the record, I am rooting for Clark so my comments weren't meant as a knock. Just an observation. I would love to see them get to the big show in Lexington.

  • Author

Neither were my comments. You gotta love the Cards. They have more size than Georgetown College. The guys are a huge HS team.

 

I don't believe they can be beaten. They are really on a roll right now.

With some of the earlier posts... the only thing the Cards are missing is a true point guard...I also agree that without Rogers in the game they are a different team...especially defensively because to hear Coach Humphrey on the radio ...he says Rogers is the best defensive player they have....As for the slow down game I thought that was great because if you watch when Brossart and Mason play I can guarantee you Brossart will do the same exact thing.... thats the only way they can beat Mason...I think the Cardinals will win the region with the confidence they have over the schedule that they have played this year....and by the way they dont fear SCOTT!!!!

When are you as big and talented as Clark is ....it is a waste of time to talk about your positives. They are endless, but the negatives may get you beat. So, it interesting discussion if nothing else.

 

In the 10th region, Clark is clearly the favorite.

 

So, why not talk about what they must do or avoid to win. When you have 5-6 players taller than 6'5", you can expect the "monkey to be on your back" to be the winner.

 

Talk about the other teams weaknesses all you want. Everybody knows they have weaknesses, including them.

 

:thumb:

An excellent post IMO! It is not neccesarily a knock on Clark, just inviting discussion on what would someone do to try to knock them off. If anything I would take this as a compliment to Clark.

Every team has a weakness. Since the thread is about the Cardinals, I'll offer $.02 from a casual fan.

 

Until very late in the season, one of Clark's was the fact that they couldn't get over the hump against the best teams in the state. "Playing with" isn't the same as winning. That all changed with the big win against Ballard and shouldn't be an issue any more.

 

The only weakness I sense with the Cardinals is point guard play and handling different types of pressure. I've been told by more than one person that if Jordan Gilbert played for Clark (perish the thought) last year, they would have run Mason County off the court in last year's regional finals.

 

I don't think playing against a deliberate slowdown offense will bother the Cardinals. About the only way to beat them is to press all game and try to run them until they wear out. It remains to be seen if anyone can do that in the regional tournament.

 

I agree with pressing Clark all game, because from what I have seen and heard of other games, it has consistently bothered them. That being said I don't think there is anyone in the region (even Mason) who can run with Clark for an entire game without getting beat by double digits. I can't speak for the teams not in the tenth becauase I have not seen many. I also think that playing the slow down offense obviously does bother the cards, it's just that a team hasn't run one efficeiently enough to get that W. That being said I believe that Clark will win the tenth and head to Rupp... especially if teams try to run with them in the region.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.