Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does Clark County have a weakness?

Featured Replies

From the outside looking in, it appears that Clark's weakness is between their ears. They have to start believing they are going to win the tough games and not put pressure on themselves or play with less confidence when the going gets tough.

 

You didn't see the Ballard game then. We were down 16 in the first quarter and came back and beat the #1 team in the state. Ballard has a great ball club and no one had come back on them like that before and won. A huge accomplishment for the CARDS. So being on the inside, I can assure you that this is not a weakness of this years team.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Bring it on is all I can tell you! Clark obviously has less weakness than anyone else or we wouldn't even be posting in this thread. Montgomery County never had a chance to beat GRC and even if the score is 2-0 they still lose. Keep trying to figure it out because you still have another year to figure it out !:ylsuper:

 

I'm not sure Clark has a weakness either. But it will interesting to see how teams strategically face them in the 10th and state tournament should they get there. I personally think Clark advances to the Sweet 16.

Here is the Clark County weakness::sssh:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SCOTT:clap::clap:

Clark County has a weakness.

 

And if they think they don't, I would love for another equivalent team to play them.

Clark County has a weakness.

 

And if they think they don't, I would love for another equivalent team to play them.

 

 

Ballard?

Ballard?

 

Seneca, Male, Ballard.

 

I think there are a few different teams that could beat Clark County. I'm not saying the team thinks they don't have a weakness, but if they did, I would like to see a team with a chip on their shoulder play them.

Seneca, Male, Ballard.

 

I think there are a few different teams that could beat Clark County. I'm not saying the team thinks they don't have a weakness, but if they did, I would like to see a team with a chip on their shoulder play them.

 

We have played all of these teams. We lost ot Seneca, We beat Male and then they beat us, and we beat Ballard. My point is we have play a very tuff schedule.

Bring it on is all I can tell you! Clark obviously has less weakness than anyone else or we wouldn't even be posting in this thread. Montgomery County never had a chance to beat GRC and even if the score is 2-0 they still lose. Keep trying to figure it out because you still have another year to figure it out !:ylsuper:

 

What happens after next year?

We have played all of these teams. We lost ot Seneca, We beat Male and then they beat us, and we beat Ballard. My point is we have play a very tuff schedule.

 

I didn't say anything about the schedule.

 

McCreary Central beat the same Male and Seneca team in the LexCath tournament as Clark County lost to.

 

I'm not questioning the schedule, but the point that Clark County has a weakness or they wouldn't lose. I don't know what the weakness is. Maybe teams that are vastly superior in athleticism and teams that are deliberate and efficient offensively.

  • Author
What happens after next year?

 

Some body better go to work on that issue. It would appear so much time has been spent on building this 4 year group that the future might be lean.

 

But I doubt it, Clark is the only 6A school in the 10th. Surely, they will continue to be a strong contender well beyond next season.

 

Is there another 6A school in the 10th?

Every team has a weakness. Since the thread is about the Cardinals, I'll offer $.02 from a casual fan.

 

Until very late in the season, one of Clark's was the fact that they couldn't get over the hump against the best teams in the state. "Playing with" isn't the same as winning. That all changed with the big win against Ballard and shouldn't be an issue any more.

 

The only weakness I sense with the Cardinals is point guard play and handling different types of pressure. I've been told by more than one person that if Jordan Gilbert played for Clark (perish the thought) last year, they would have run Mason County off the court in last year's regional finals.

 

I don't think playing against a deliberate slowdown offense will bother the Cardinals. About the only way to beat them is to press all game and try to run them until they wear out. It remains to be seen if anyone can do that in the regional tournament.

Some body better go to work on that issue. It would appear so much time has been spent on building this 4 year group that the future might be lean.

 

But I doubt it, Clark is the only 6A school in the 10th. Surely, they will continue to be a strong contender well beyond next season.

 

Is there another 6A school in the 10th?

 

Maybe Scott and Campbell County.

  • Author
Maybe Scott and Campbell County.

 

Campbell is...Scott is 5A

What about Montgomery - 5A or 6A?

What about Montgomery - 5A or 6A?

 

Montgomery is 5A

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.