Last years seniors playing college ball.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Well we lost to LCA in the region, but had them beat. Webster was pitching and there was a routine flyball hit to leftfield with 2 outs in the 7th inning and we had a 1 run lead. The leftfielder who was a sophmore and had probably started 3 games all season, runs to his right while the ball fall inches away from him on his left side. LCA's runner gets to second and then Josh Rogers hits a groundball that goes right between our third basemen's legs, run scores. We end up losing in extra innings.

I would hardly call it a routine flyball when the kid had to dive for it.

• 2 weeks later...

That is a shame that travis smith is not playing college baseball. I had the opportunity to play 3 years of school ball with him and a year of summer ball, and i have not known a man with the work ethic that he had. He had the opportunity to get drafted, but his senior ended up being his downfall. He ended up walkin about 40-ish times, which is unheard of in high school baseball. And from what i hear, the EKU coach screwed him over when it came to the try-out. Best of luck to travis and i hope everything goes well

That is a shame that travis smith is not playing college baseball. I had the opportunity to play 3 years of school ball with him and a year of summer ball, and i have not known a man with the work ethic that he had. He had the opportunity to get drafted, but his senior ended up being his downfall. He ended up walkin about 40-ish times, which is unheard of in high school baseball. And from what i hear, the EKU coach screwed him over when it came to the try-out. Best of luck to travis and i hope everything goes well
Do not know of the incident you speak, regarding Travis but I do know Coach Dominguez well enough to say, he does not do, what you have alleged. Try-outs and camp evaluations are what they are, open to various players and some will have better performances than others.

Usually most players they are considering are invited, along with numerous others who want to enhance their baseball skills.