February 23, 201016 yr Author I thought to myself, does he even have a choice? Would he get drafted in the 1st round? I don't think he would at this point He would likely be a mid to late 2nd round pick at this point...
February 23, 201016 yr He would likely be a mid to late 2nd round pick at this point... That is where he seems to be in the mock drafts. If you aren't going to be a first rounder, you shouldn't go into the draft.
February 23, 201016 yr Author That is where he seems to be in the mock drafts. If you aren't going to be a first rounder, you shouldn't go into the draft. Shooting guards that can't shoot aren't in high demand...
February 23, 201016 yr This would be great for him and UC. I don't see Lance as the kind of guy who NBA scouts would be drooling over right now, but in a years time I think he could mature alot. Another year will do nothing but help him in the long run IMO.
February 23, 201016 yr Author Here's the story from my new site on his comments today... http://www.bearcatlair.com/home-news/stephenson-plans-to-stick-around
February 23, 201016 yr He definitely needs to come back for a minimum of one more year. He game is not ready for the NBA at this time. I would hate to see him become another Omar Cook. GT, can you address the serious issues in the Marquette game? I was surprised there was not thread on that game. This was their season IMO, and Cronin made some very questionable coaching decisions. He is under a lot of scrutiny right now. How much power does Jeff Wyler have regarding athletic issues?
February 23, 201016 yr Thomas isn't the type of AD that says much to the media. I know right now he is still behind Mick 100% and if he does come out to support him it will likely be after the season... I don't know if the fan base is after the benching incident.
February 23, 201016 yr Author I don't know if the fan base is after the benching incident. They played better with Lance and Gates on the bench down the stretch. Fans are allowed to be idiots I suppose, but he made the right moves...
February 23, 201016 yr It'd be the best decision, but saying that you're staying now doesn't mean much to me. It seems like he's realistic, which is a plus.
February 23, 201016 yr Author GT, can you address the serious issues in the Marquette game? I was surprised there was not thread on that game. This was their season IMO, and Cronin made some very questionable coaching decisions. He is under a lot of scrutiny right now. How much power does Jeff Wyler have regarding athletic issues? Thomas was the only big man on the roster doing a good job at guarding the pick and roll so he got the minutes. The numbers for Gates look good on the offensive end, but Jimmy Butler and Joe Fulce (33 points combined) more than negated the 14 points and THREE rebounds Yancy pulled down in 22 minutes of action. For Gates to have 3 rebounds against a team of guys that come up to his arm pits is terrible. I would liked to have seen some subbing to switch Gates and Thomas on each end, but neither team was fouling and the clock wasn't stopping enough to make it happen...
February 24, 201016 yr Thomas was the only big man on the roster doing a good job at guarding the pick and roll so he got the minutes. The numbers for Gates look good on the offensive end, but Jimmy Butler and Joe Fulce (33 points combined) more than negated the 14 points and THREE rebounds Yancy pulled down in 22 minutes of action. For Gates to have 3 rebounds against a team of guys that come up to his arm pits is terrible. I would liked to have seen some subbing to switch Gates and Thomas on each end, but neither team was fouling and the clock wasn't stopping enough to make it happen... The key play that really disturbed me from a coaching standpoint was the out of bounds play that Marquette got a run out on. IMO, that should not of happened in that situation. What are your thoughts on that play and the way UC defended it?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.