South Oldham 76 Jeffersontown 71

Jeffersontown 15 10 24 22 71

South Oldham 19 23 16 18 76

Jeffersontown (18-5) -- T. Jackson 29, Dorsey 2, Porter 16, Hagan 3, Kennedy 8, Russell 2, Smith 3, Barbee 4, Ross 4.

South Oldham (20-5) -- Bowling 10, Jackson 27, Jewett 13, Fields 12, Schumm 12, Maleug 2, Bullock 2.

Looks like J-town started slow and picked it up the second half but not quite enough.

Perhaps it's past time that SOHS started getting a little respect? :thumb:

Way past time. South did get banged up a little bit. I hear Jackson has a broken nose, Dogan has a head injury, and Fields got hit in the face and was a little out of it. South is looking great right now. And yes I would say your assesment is correct.

Way past time. South did get banged up a little bit. I hear Jackson has a broken nose, Dogan has a head injury, and Fields got hit in the face and was a little out of it. South is looking great right now. And yes I would say your assesment is correct.

Normally, I would have broadcast this game, but I had a conflict tonight and couldn't do the game...hate to have missed one like this.

Hope all the guys are going to be OK...my son broke his nose in three places playing baseball a year ago, but was fortunate he only missed a couple of games...any idea how bad Dogan's injury is?? "Head injury" can mean a lot...

Five straight wins for South now (20-5 overall), with convincing wins over Anderson County, Gallatin County, and Jtown during the stretch...

Saw them in Warsaw on Friday, Colonel. They are legit. I would say most nights they are very hard to guard. Would that assessment be correct?

South IS hard to guard - for two particular reasons: 1) the whole team shoots the ball extremely well. Perhaps one of the best shooting teams (from top to bottom) I've seen in decades. And they can all shoot from the outside, creating matchup problems. You can't just watch one or two players to keep them from hitting the three. And South has at least one player hitting over 50% from beyond the arc. Obscene. 2) This is one of the better passing teams I've seen in a while. So when teams come out on the shooters, they often get layups on the inside.

And - while they aren't the fastest team I've seen - they've got a lot of team quickness.

This win was a big step for South. Historically, South's better teams have done a good job of beating everyone they were supposed to beat...but they struggled to knock off athletic teams like Jeffersontown that were ranked higher than they were. They needed to prove - to themselves as much as anyone - that they were good enough in order to "get over the hump."

IMO, this is the best team South Oldham HS has ever had. Now, if they can keep their heads on straight and stay humble and hungry, they can contend in the region. Perhaps the best thing that could have happened to them was the 21-point spanking Shelby put on them a few weeks back...:popcorn:

Jeffersontown 15 10 24 22 71

South Oldham 19 23 16 18 76

Jeffersontown (18-5) -- T. Jackson 29, Dorsey 2, Porter 16, Hagan 3, Kennedy 8, Russell 2, Smith 3, Barbee 4, Ross 4.

South Oldham (20-5) -- Bowling 10, Jackson 27, Jewett 13, Fields 12, Schumm 12, Maleug 2, Bullock 2.

Looks like J-town started slow and picked it up the second half but not quite enough.

Nice win. Did the Georgetown College signee Carrithers not play?

Perhaps it's past time that SOHS started getting a little respect? :thumb:
They have my respect. Best South team I have ever seen. Historically, Simpson's teams shoot well, as does this one. This team has something that his past teams have lacked in my opinion, physical toughness and good defense ( which comes from the physical toughness). Would not shock me if they win the 8th.