Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Juniors in the 8th Region

Featured Replies

Who are the best juniors in the 8th region?

  • Replies 32
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick Gray a Junior at Simon Kenton? Lights out shooter.........

Vance Sullivan from Walton-Verona. From what I have seen (mostly single A schools) the class of 2011 is a little weak in the 8th. According to their varsity roster Owen Co does not even have any juniors.

Shelby doesn't play any juniors, and Anderson only plays 1.

Doss from SK...I know he's only a Soph but I heard he only has one more year of eligibility. True?

I agree with cheapseats Sullivan should be pretty good next year. He is having an Okay year but there are a good amount of seniors so he doesn't get a chance to score like he can especially with ponzer playing but nexr year I look for him to be pretty good.

How about Dre Banta from Eminence, Ethan Stewart from Carroll,or Justin Webb from Trimble?? They don't get many props but they are nice players who play hard. I believe Webb is averaging at least a double/double and is a load inside to stop. Dre Banta is as good a shooter as there is if he can get his shots. Ethan Stewart is a great shooter plus he can handle the ball .

How about Dre Banta from Eminence, Ethan Stewart from Carroll,or Justin Webb from Trimble?? They don't get many props but they are nice players who play hard. I believe Webb is averaging at least a double/double and is a load inside to stop. Dre Banta is as good a shooter as there is if he can get his shots. Ethan Stewart is a great shooter plus he can handle the ball .

 

Agreed.

Doss from SK...I know he's only a Soph but I heard he only has one more year of eligibility. True?

 

I've heard the same.

 

I think Nick Gray will be a fine player next season. He needs to get a bit stronger but he's athletic and is a good shooter.

Only one junior really stands out in the 8th Region this year as a player who should almost certainly be a dominant player next year as a senior - not just a "good" player - and he's already a dominant stud, and that's LOGAN DUNBAR of Spencer County.

 

I can't say that I've seen every junior yet this season, but of the ones I've seen, it's not even a close contest. This kid's been a stud for a couple of years now...he averaged a double-double last year, is doing so again this year, and should cross the 1,000 point / 1,000 rebound club this year - with another year to come.

 

He's a strong kid (TE on the Spencer football team) who runs the court well, shoots the jumper, and bangs inside with the biggest of the bigs... The only reason nobody's mentioned him on this thread so far is because BGP is overwhelmingly NKY folks, and Spencer rarely makes it to the region due to being in a district with Anderson and Shelby.

 

Two other juniors who bear watching, both are potentially explosive and possible all-region performers next year:

 

Pete "Jacorri" Baldwin, Henry County - quick and aggressive on both ends of the court. Can hurt you in a lot of ways.

 

Carson Fields, South Oldham - gets lost on a team with 8 seniors - but is the lone underclassman to start. Originally known as a defensive stopper with his quick feet and long arms, Fields is fantastic on the front of the defense. But Fields has uncorked a solid offensive game, able to score inside / outside. Almost single-handedly kept South in the game against North on Tuesday, and finished 8 of 11 from the field, including 2 of 2 beyond the arc, and 2 of 2 at the line for 21 points.

 

Those three players, IMO, stand out among all the rest of the 2011 class.

 

I'm a huge Justin Webb fan, but he's not averaging a double-double (actual averages are 12.5 ppg and 8.1 rebounds), and he has been stymied when he's played better teams. He's 100% hustle, and one of the better players in the region...but will have to have better games against the top teams of the 8th in order to merit this kind of consideration...

 

I'd like to see Dre Banta...I've heard a lot of great things about this kid, but am wondering how he's done against Shelby and Anderson in district seeding games...(anyone?)

 

All five of these players are among the best of the class of 2011 in the 8th region, but truthfully, this class isn't very deep when you're talking about truly elite players.

  • Author
Only one junior really stands out in the 8th Region this year as a player who should almost certainly be a dominant player next year as a senior - not just a "good" player - and he's already a dominant stud, and that's LOGAN DUNBAR of Spencer County.

 

I can't say that I've seen every junior yet this season, but of the ones I've seen, it's not even a close contest. This kid's been a stud for a couple of years now...he averaged a double-double last year, is doing so again this year, and should cross the 1,000 point / 1,000 rebound club this year - with another year to come.

 

He's a strong kid (TE on the Spencer football team) who runs the court well, shoots the jumper, and bangs inside with the biggest of the bigs... The only reason nobody's mentioned him on this thread so far is because BGP is overwhelmingly NKY folks, and Spencer rarely makes it to the region due to being in a district with Anderson and Shelby.

 

Two other juniors who bear watching, both are potentially explosive and possible all-region performers next year:

 

Pete "Jacorri" Baldwin, Henry County - quick and aggressive on both ends of the court. Can hurt you in a lot of ways.

 

Carson Fields, South Oldham - gets lost on a team with 8 seniors - but is the lone underclassman to start. Originally known as a defensive stopper with his quick feet and long arms, Fields is fantastic on the front of the defense. But Fields has uncorked a solid offensive game, able to score inside / outside. Almost single-handedly kept South in the game against North on Tuesday, and finished 8 of 11 from the field, including 2 of 2 beyond the arc, and 2 of 2 at the line for 21 points.

 

Those three players, IMO, stand out among all the rest of the 2011 class.

 

I'm a huge Justin Webb fan, but he's not averaging a double-double (actual averages are 12.5 ppg and 8.1 rebounds), and he has been stymied when he's played better teams. He's 100% hustle, and one of the better players in the region...but will have to have better games against the top teams of the 8th in order to merit this kind of consideration...

 

I'd like to see Dre Banta...I've heard a lot of great things about this kid, but am wondering how he's done against Shelby and Anderson in district seeding games...(anyone?)

 

All five of these players are among the best of the class of 2011 in the 8th region, but truthfully, this class isn't very deep when you're talking about truly elite players.

 

Actually Justin Webb has stepped up his game since Trent Green left and is averaging a double double. He had 23 points 11 rebounds against Eminence and 19 points and 15 rebounds against Carroll last night.

Only one junior really stands out in the 8th Region this year as a player who should almost certainly be a dominant player next year as a senior - not just a "good" player - and he's already a dominant stud, and that's LOGAN DUNBAR of Spencer County.

 

I can't say that I've seen every junior yet this season, but of the ones I've seen, it's not even a close contest. This kid's been a stud for a couple of years now...he averaged a double-double last year, is doing so again this year, and should cross the 1,000 point / 1,000 rebound club this year - with another year to come.

 

He's a strong kid (TE on the Spencer football team) who runs the court well, shoots the jumper, and bangs inside with the biggest of the bigs... The only reason nobody's mentioned him on this thread so far is because BGP is overwhelmingly NKY folks, and Spencer rarely makes it to the region due to being in a district with Anderson and Shelby.

 

Two other juniors who bear watching, both are potentially explosive and possible all-region performers next year:

 

Pete "Jacorri" Baldwin, Henry County - quick and aggressive on both ends of the court. Can hurt you in a lot of ways.

 

Carson Fields, South Oldham - gets lost on a team with 8 seniors - but is the lone underclassman to start. Originally known as a defensive stopper with his quick feet and long arms, Fields is fantastic on the front of the defense. But Fields has uncorked a solid offensive game, able to score inside / outside. Almost single-handedly kept South in the game against North on Tuesday, and finished 8 of 11 from the field, including 2 of 2 beyond the arc, and 2 of 2 at the line for 21 points.

 

Those three players, IMO, stand out among all the rest of the 2011 class.

 

I'm a huge Justin Webb fan, but he's not averaging a double-double (actual averages are 12.5 ppg and 8.1 rebounds), and he has been stymied when he's played better teams. He's 100% hustle, and one of the better players in the region...but will have to have better games against the top teams of the 8th in order to merit this kind of consideration...

 

I'd like to see Dre Banta...I've heard a lot of great things about this kid, but am wondering how he's done against Shelby and Anderson in district seeding games...(anyone?)

 

All five of these players are among the best of the class of 2011 in the 8th region, but truthfully, this class isn't very deep when you're talking about truly elite players.

 

Pete Baldwin is a senior. Is younger cousin, Tybirious "Spud" Baldwin is a junior at HC and he runs the point for the Wildcats this season.

Let's not forget about Travis Davis at Gallatin County.

  • Author
Let's not forget about Travis Davis at Gallatin County.

I agree.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.