Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKYBOY's 9th Region All Decade Team

Featured Replies

Luke Maile got minutes all four years on varsity and scored 1000 points.

 

Corey Sorrell from Holy Cross was one of the best scorers in past 10 years.

 

Both guys would be honorable mention but not first or second team.

  • Replies 103
  • Views 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd put Sorrell over Votel on the 2nd team.

What about the following guys from the early 2000's:

 

Marco Hallman- Holmes

Deshaun Jackson- Holmes

 

Both players were key players for that 2000 region championship runner up team.

 

Another that comes to mind:

 

Derek Smith- Highlands

 

^^^Yes I know he was a football standout, but he was very good on the hardwood too. I'm pretty sure Highlands retired his number.

 

I'd take Hill over a lot of the guys on that list. He was one of the few to play at the D1 level and he's currently playing for Illinois St, I believe.

 

Correct.

 

I'd also put Greg Rice on the first team ahead of Arrez Henderson. Rice was a JUCO All American last year and last I heard is at Detroit University (D1) right now.

 

Really?

I'd put Sorrell over Votel on the 2nd team.

 

Isn't Votel playing at Penn now, while Sorrell ended up at NKU? Sorrell was a great scorer but that was about it.

Really?

 

That's the last I heard. After doing some research though, I saw nothing about Rice on their website or roster.

 

Wasn't he originally at D2 Indianapolis University after leaving Columbus State?

Isn't Votel playing at Penn now, while Sorrell ended up at NKU? Sorrell was a great scorer but that was about it.

 

Votel graduated from Penn.

 

I'm looking strictly at high school production. Everyone in the gym knew that Sorrell was the only weapon and yet he still put up big numbers. Great high school player.

That's the last I heard. After doing some research though, I saw nothing about Rice on their website or roster.

 

Wasn't he originally at D2 Indianapolis University after leaving Columbus State?

 

That was the plan however he didn't get in. Last I heard he was taking classes at Gateway. I'd be surprised if he's at Detroit.

Votel graduated from Penn.

 

I'm looking strictly at high school production. Everyone in the gym knew that Sorrell was the only weapon and yet he still put up big numbers. Great high school player.

 

Looking strictly at high school production...fair enough assessment..

 

That was the plan however he didn't get in. Last I heard he was taking classes at Gateway. I'd be surprised if he's at Detroit.

 

Thanks for the clarification.

What about the following guys from the early 2000's:

 

Marco Hallman- Holmes

Deshaun Jackson- Holmes

 

Both players were key players for that 2000 region championship runner up team.

 

Another that comes to mind:

 

Derek Smith- Highlands

 

^^^Yes I know he was a football standout, but he was very good on the hardwood too. I'm pretty sure Highlands retired his number.

Smith graduated in '99. Different decade.

Healhty, Greg McGraw was as good a high school basketball player as anyone in the past 10 years.

Smith graduated in '99. Different decade.

 

Couldn't remember if he was 99 or 00. I was wondering why nobody mentioned him. Thanks for the correction.

What about Brandent Englemon of Holmes? He was very good on the hardwood too.

Great list. Lets add Bryant McCarter and Corey and Justin Pelle from The Grove. Also Jeremy Wight from Bellevue. Also Jackson Capel from Heritage could be on the honorable mention list with these guys.

What about Brandent Englemon of Holmes? He was very good on the hardwood too.

 

Yeah but I dont think he could make the list. Im not sure he was even the best player on his team.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.