Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tooth Fairy question

Featured Replies

Our 5 year old son lost his first tooth today. How much does the tooth fairy pay out these days? :lol:

tooth.jpg

I remember I just got a basketball or a toy of my choice back in the day. If I couldn't think of anything maybe like a 10 dollar bill? I honestly don't remember monetarily.

The going rate for our tooth fairy is $2.00

I used to get a quarter and thought that was BIG money. But I guess times have changed!

  • Author

I remember getting a quarter too. I was thinking $5 for the first tooth and then $2 for the rest.

Little TD would get $5 a tooth.

 

Your poor little guy has had a rough week. His sister didn't bust it out for him did she? :lol::lol:

  • Author
Little TD would get $5 a tooth.

 

Your poor little guy has had a rough week. His sister didn't bust it out for him did she? :lol::lol:

 

HA HA no she didn't thanks goodness. She is something else. I said what else can happen this week. Broken fingers, losing teeth. I am going to keep them away from each other here soon lol. She did ask for me to pull one of her teeth out so she could be like her bubby. It's a love hate relationship lol.

I remember I just got a basketball or a toy of my choice back in the day. If I couldn't think of anything maybe like a 10 dollar bill? I honestly don't remember monetarily.

 

I'd come and be your kid and pull all of my teeth.

$3.00 at our house

Tooth fairy brings gold dollars at our house. Or, as my five year old says, "yellow quarters." :lol:

I remember getting a quarter too. I was thinking $5 for the first tooth and then $2 for the rest.

 

IMO, that sounds like a recipe for disaster. If I got $5 the first time around, then I'd be ticked that I didn't get another $5 the second time around. Then again, if he doesn't quite understand $1 versus $5, it might work out well as he'd be excited that he's getting 2 bills instead of 1 the second time around.

  • Author
IMO, that sounds like a recipe for disaster. If I got $5 the first time around, then I'd be ticked that I didn't get another $5 the second time around. Then again, if he doesn't quite understand $1 versus $5, it might work out well as he'd be excited that he's getting 2 bills instead of 1 the second time around.

 

Right now he will be so excited to have 2 bills over 1 no matter the value.

Tooth fairy brought $5 for every tooth at our house until a couple of years ago.

 

Worked out well with the first son and was going to be the plan for the 2nd son also. However, his wise old 9 year old and much more worldly brother, told him that the tooth fairy wasn't real.

 

So son #2 is very pragmatic and very stubborn so it is hard to be vague with him and skirt an issue. So, at age 5, he proceeded to grill us relentlessly for a week or more about the subject, even going as far as telling me that I better not lie to him because that would be a sin.

 

So I finally asked him "do you want me to tell you the truth?" and he said yes, he wanted to know the truth. So I told him very matter of factly how it really worked.

 

Then Karma kicked him in the butt a couple of weeks later when he lost his first tooth and he got zip from the tooth fairy. :lol:

 

Tooth fairy brings gold dollars at our house. Or, as my five year old says, "yellow quarters." :lol:

 

Great idea. Might be fun to give $2 bills also, something unique that kids don't see very often.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.