Boone County 73 Conner 53

Earls has a bad wheel I think and not sure on Popp. Big bounce back win for BC. Highlands is the deepest team in the 9th and 10th Regions this season. GRC might rival that statement but they have 9 kids that could start for most teams across the state and the 9th player is a 6'6 JR.

BC has nice depth also but not all are SR's and having depth and experience goes a little further IMO.

Boone is arguably the deepest team in N. Ky. this year. They can go way down the bench and put a talented player on the floor.

I think Highlands might have something to say about that. Top to bottom they're the best team in the region. Boone has nice depth but not of the same quality as Highlands.

As far as the game, Impressive W for the Rebels considering the circumstances.

Was at this game. Montgomery and Cotton are athletes. When they weren't scoring, they were creating opportunities for Lay and Brown. I went to watch the Mikey Gabbard show. Suprisingly, he was held pretty much in check. Flesch for Conner played excellent defense. Gabbard had about 7 points when Flesch left the game. Conner had absolutley no offense. I expected to see Hodges and Robinson put up big numbers, but not much. Hodges had a nice dunk that was matched by Montgomery for Boone later in the game. Conner was down by 30+ at one time. Lang made a single handed run against the Boone JV to get it to 20. Nice win for Boone with a short handed squad,

I think Montgomery is a junior. Gabbard their best player but Montgomery one of the best all-around players in NKY. Defends, rebounds, scores even though he is not quite physically mature. This kid will be great next year and a solid college prospect.

Was at this game. Montgomery and Cotton are athletes. When they weren't scoring, they were creating opportunities for Lay and Brown. I went to watch the Mikey Gabbard show. Suprisingly, he was held pretty much in check. Flesch for Conner played excellent defense. Gabbard had about 7 points when Flesch left the game. Conner had absolutley no offense. I expected to see Hodges and Robinson put up big numbers, but not much. Hodges had a nice dunk that was matched by Montgomery for Boone later in the game. Conner was down by 30+ at one time. Lang made a single handed run against the Boone JV to get it to 20. Nice win for Boone with a short handed squad,

I think Lang had about 18 in the 4th quarter, three or four 3's.

Conner had zero offense in this game. It seemed like a lid was on the basket. I give it up to the Boone team. I can't say any of them had a bad game.

They score when they do not run plays,i.e. fast breaks, semi fast breaks, and when they just create for themselves and play ball.

I do not know why the coach feels the need to try to call a set play every time when it is obvious that the players do better when they are "turned loose."

They score when they do not run plays,i.e. fast breaks, semi fast breaks, and when they just create for themselves and play ball.

I do not know why the coach feels the need to try to call a set play every time when it is obvious that the players do better when they are "turned loose."

Same can/has often been said for Boone. It only takes one player not setting a screen or not being in their spot for a play to break down. I see very few unselfish players set screens in high school basketball. Most are concerned with getting their points.

73 points for BCHS????:banana::dancingpa:banana:

Perhaps the letter to Santa worked from the NCC / BCHS thread?

Anyone know the reasoning of running and not running the set plays? Did it look like a conserted efforted by the Rebels to get out and use their athleticism? From the thread, it almost sounds like they did :notworthy: