Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BGP Boys State Rankings

Featured Replies

Kentucky High School Boys Basketball Preseason Rankings
1. Holmes
2. Scott County
3. Clark County
4. Eastern
5. Shelby Valley
6. Christian County
7. Jeffersontown
8. Tates Creek
9. Lexington Catholic
10. Warren Central
11. Shelby County
12. Mason County
13. Bowling Green
14. Ballard
15. Pleasure Ridge Park
16. Bryan Station
17. Boone County
18. North Hardin
19. Highlands
20. Muhlenberg County

 

Your thoughts?

  • Replies 34
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks pretty good to me, you might be able to switch some around but overall pretty good. I might drop Bowling Green a little just because they havent proved they are more then one player yet, but they might suprise some people in that regard.

It looks pretty good. I think Christian Co. maybe a little high. I think Ballard is a little low. And even know it was a scrimmage, someone may comment who knows better than me, but I'd guess Trinity should be on there after beating Scott Co.

Agree on Trinity. They have beaten Scott Co and Bowling Green( by 17 )in scrimmages and have one of the top players in the state in Sewell and a nice supporting cast.

 

Agree on Ballard being a bit low.

 

Watch out for Seneca in the 7th!

Trinity beat both Bowling Green and Scott County recently in ref'd/scored scrimmages. Josh Sewell has looked like a new player. He took it to Jackson and Guyn of SC over the weekend. The rocks definitely deserve a spot in the rankings...:idunno:

 

Besides that, I'd also say Clark County is a bit high. Eastern's athleticism alone would overwhelm them IMHO.

 

Other than those, I'd say it looks pretty darn good...

Trinity beat both Bowling Green and Scott County recently in ref'd/scored scrimmages. Josh Sewell has looked like a new player. He took it to Jackson and Guyn of SC over the weekend. The rocks definitely deserve a spot in the rankings...:idunno:

 

Besides that, I'd also say Clark County is a bit high. Eastern's athleticism alone would overwhelm them IMHO.

 

Other than those, I'd say it looks pretty darn good...

 

I don't put much stock into scrimmages, but based on what Trinity has done in their 2 scrimmages they are worth paying close attention to. I'd put Eastern 3rd too. They are very good!

Lexington Catholic and Mason Co. are riding their regional titles still. I know I'm in the majority when I say they won't repeat, but I would also go as far to say that neither is a top 15 team. If anything I'd think Mason could possibly stay around where they're at in the polls right now, but LexCath I think is at least ten spots too high.

From my neck of the woods...

 

 

Perry County Central beat Clark County in a srimmage last week. I don't know if they are top 20 or not, but they are very good this year. Knott County Central is pretty solid too, and they have the old mastermind at the controls this year, former state champion coach Dave Fraley, who came out of retirement to coach the Patroits.

Would have to agree that Perry with their 5 senior led team will be in the top 20 soon. They played the pants off of Clark and Clark beat Holmes. Definitely a top 20 team. Knott and Hazard will also make the top 20, both have some pretty good talent this year.

Clark is too high.

I would pull Clark Co. down two spots and subsequently move Eastern and Shelby Valley up one. I would drop Highlands and replace them with Trinity. That still may be too low for Trinity but I think they should be on there. Otherwise it is so early to tell hard to really say at this point.

Telling you guys, don't drink the Purple Kool-Aid, at least not at this point. They've got one great player surrounded by very average ones. I don't see BG as a top 20 team.

  • Author
Would have to agree that Perry with their 5 senior led team will be in the top 20 soon. They played the pants off of Clark and Clark beat Holmes. Definitely a top 20 team. Knott and Hazard will also make the top 20, both have some pretty good talent this year.

 

I wouldn't call a 3 point win, playing the pants off another team. Score was 44-41.

I would pull Clark Co. down two spots and subsequently move Eastern and Shelby Valley up one. I would drop Highlands and replace them with Trinity. That still may be too low for Trinity but I think they should be on there. Otherwise it is so early to tell hard to really say at this point.

 

I agree in that I would put Eastern above GRC, but would have GRC 4th and Shelby Valley 5th.

 

Telling you guys, don't drink the Purple Kool-Aid, at least not at this point. They've got one great player surrounded by very average ones. I don't see BG as a top 20 team.

 

I am suprised that they cracked the top 20. Like you I thought they would have to prove it first. JMO.

 

I look for the rankings to change alot during the year. Some may fall while others will rise or enter into the rankings.

 

Overall I think the rankings are pertty good for pre-season.

I wouldn't call a 3 point win, playing the pants off another team. Score was 44-41.

 

 

I agree in that I would put Eastern above GRC, but would have GRC 4th and Shelby Valley 5th.

 

 

 

I am suprised that they cracked the top 20. Like you I thought they would have to prove it first. JMO.

 

I look for the rankings to change alot during the year. Some may fall while others will rise or enter into the rankings.

 

Overall I think the rankings are pertty good for pre-season.

 

A win is a win and for a mountain team that's not even ranked in the Top 20 against the state's third ranked team, I would say they played their pants off, too.:thumb:

Telling you guys, don't drink the Purple Kool-Aid, at least not at this point. They've got one great player surrounded by very average ones. I don't see BG as a top 20 team.

 

I'm not sure on this one either. Trinity easily won their scrimmage against BG(and BG only played about 8-9 kids with Behennon in most of the game as I remember) so unless they were missing a couple key players from football they would appear to have some work to do to be ranked in the top 20.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.