Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Produces Most NBA Players

Featured Replies

There was a piece in The Enquirer today by Richard Skinner showing which local colleges produce the most NBA players. It's UK in a run away with 9: Azabuike, Bogans, Hayes, Magloire, Meeks, Mohammed, Morris, Prince and Rondo. Many from that list were recruited by Tubby. It was always said that Pitino could recruit because he could put players in the NBA. Well, I think he could do it because he was at UK. Louisville now has 3 with Clark, Garcia and Williams. Heck, Louisville has the same amount as Xavier and two less than Ohio State. This list is really going to grow next year for the Cats.

  • Author

I know everyone is wondering, so here's the list

 

School In NBA

Duke 14

UCLA 14

Connecticut 13

North Carolina 13

Arizona 10

Florida 9

Kansas 9

Kentucky 9

Many from that list were recruited by Tubby. It was always said that Pitino could recruit because he could put players in the NBA. Well, I think he could do it because he was at UK.

 

I'm pretty sure it was at least 13 players when Pitino's guys were still in the league.

  • Author

Rick 9 years at Louisville and 3 in the NBA.

Rick 9 years at Louisville and 3 in the NBA.

 

That is very compelling.

Is this list of current NBA players?

  • Author
Is this list of current NBA players?

Yes current 2009-2010 NBA player roster by college. The link is in post #2.

Awfully confusing thread title.

I'm pretty sure it was at least 13 players when Pitino's guys were still in the league.

 

That sounds pretty close as there were quite of few of Pitinos who spent at least some time in the NBA. Mashburn, Padgett, Delk, Mercer, Walker, McCarty, Shepherd, etc.

  • Author
Awfully confusing thread title.

I guess it could be considered a little confusing. So sorry to everyone. This is the list of current NBA players in the NBA.

I wonder how many guys on UK's current roster will be in the NBA someday...I'd say five for certain.

 

Cousins

Patterson

Orton

Miller

Wall

 

Bledsoe probably. And, perhaps Liggins...we'll have to see how he looks under Calipari.

I wonder how many guys on UK's current roster will be in the NBA someday...I'd say five for certain.

 

Cousins

Patterson

Orton

Miller

Wall

 

Bledsoe probably. And, perhaps Liggins...we'll have to see how he looks under Calipari.

 

Bledsoe's more likely than both Miller and Orton, IMO...

Bledsoe's more likely than both Miller and Orton, IMO...

 

Bledsoe is a much better shooter than advertised. I believe he will go to the NBA early as well. He is not ready this year but he works really hard and has been playing injured for most of the year...so far.:thumb:

I guess it could be considered a little confusing. So sorry to everyone. This is the list of current NBA players in the NBA.

 

More of a joke...in that they have the most locally but a different school leads overall.

Bledsoe's more likely than both Miller and Orton, IMO...

 

Wall, Patterson, and Cousins are projected to go in the 2010 draft.

Orton is projected top 10 for 2011 and Bledsoe in the first round as well.

These are just projections, but that is 5 in the next 2 years.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.