Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Produces Most NBA Players

Featured Replies

More of a joke...in that they have the most locally but a different school leads overall.

 

The leaders have 14. Kentucky sits at 9.

 

With Wall, Cousins and Patterson being sure fire NBA picks next year, the gap will close.

 

With Orton, Bledsoe & Miller being ultimately bound for the NBA, Kentucky will surpass 14 (assuming nobody retires.) Naturally the other schools will produce NBA talent, but the point is, Kentucky is back on the map.

I wonder how many guys on UK's current roster will be in the NBA someday...I'd say five for certain.

 

Cousins

Patterson

Orton

Miller

Wall

 

Bledsoe probably. And, perhaps Liggins...we'll have to see how he looks under Calipari.

 

I say it is very up in the air for Darius. As for Liggins, there is no way he will make it to the NBA. He has not played a single minute this season, no way he makes it to the NBA.

  • Author
The leaders have 14. Kentucky sits at 9.

 

With Wall, Cousins and Patterson being sure fire NBA picks next year, the gap will close.

 

With Orton, Bledsoe & Miller being ultimately bound for the NBA, Kentucky will surpass 14 (assuming nobody retires.) Naturally the other schools will produce NBA talent, but the point is, Kentucky is back on the map.

More of a point to be made, slick Rick not getting it done in Louisville getting kids to the NBA like he did when he was at UK.

  • Author

It also just cracks me up when posters rip on a confusing joke of a thread, yet keep coming back to it. I would think they would have something more interesting to do.

I know everyone is wondering, so here's the list

 

School In NBA

Duke 14

UCLA 14

Connecticut 13

North Carolina 13

Arizona 10

Florida 9

Kansas 9

Kentucky 9

 

 

I was going to say, Duke is the leader. It seems UCLA has caught up to Duke, but yep, that's right, Duke produces more NBA talent than anyone.

 

 

Awfully confusing thread title.

 

Yep, as soon as I saw it, I was all in.....

 

 

The leaders have 14. Kentucky sits at 9.

 

With Wall, Cousins and Patterson being sure fire NBA picks next year, the gap will close.

 

With Orton, Bledsoe & Miller being ultimately bound for the NBA, Kentucky will surpass 14 (assuming nobody retires.) Naturally the other schools will produce NBA talent, but the point is, Kentucky is back on the map.

 

That's also assuming that none of the other leaders produce anymore talent. While UK may make it to 14, assuming no one retires(as you said), Duke will likely move up to 15 or 16 depending on what Singler does.

 

 

It also just cracks me up when posters rip on a confusing joke of a thread, yet keep coming back to it. I would think they would have something more interesting to do.

 

I don't....:isurrender:

That is very compelling.

 

Makes the 3 elite 8's in the last 5 years look ever better.

I'd be interested to see an all-time list.

  • Author
I'd be interested to see an all-time list.

I'm looking for the list, but I did find that UCLA leads everyone.

Makes the 3 elite 8's in the last 5 years look ever better.

 

Back when UK was making Elite 8's the measuring stick everyone else wanted to use was Final Fours. Funny how that works.

I say it is very up in the air for Darius. As for Liggins, there is no way he will make it to the NBA. He has not played a single minute this season, no way he makes it to the NBA.

 

I'm sure Liggins won't be in the NBA next year, but he's only a sophomore. He was a highly rated recruit. Let's see what he looks like before he leaves UK.

 

I think Miller and Bledsoe will find a spot on an NBA roster at some point. Miller has solid size, athleticism and an excellent mid-range game. Bledsoe has great potential, but he's out of control at times...he doesn't seem to have as good a feel for the game as the rest of UK's starting lineup. And, he doesn't have great size. I don't see him above Miller at this point, but who knows...he may blow by him before the season is over.

Bledsoe's more likely than both Miller and Orton, IMO...

 

:confused: Are you serious?

With Orton, Bledsoe & Miller being ultimately bound for the NBA, Kentucky will surpass 14 (assuming nobody retires.) Naturally the other schools will produce NBA talent, but the point is, Kentucky is back on the map.

 

That's also assuming that none of the other leaders produce anymore talent. While UK may make it to 14, assuming no one retires(as you said), Duke will likely move up to 15 or 16 depending on what Singler does.

 

Uhh, that's what I said.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.