Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Florida 77 Michigan St 74

Featured Replies

One thing about Izzo is that he almost always has his team playing well in March...

 

While I do agree, this is a very veteran MSU squad that should be playing better right out of the gate. No doubt Izzo will get them going, but the Big 11 is pretty strong this season and winning the conference will be a tough task...

  • Replies 41
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Huh?????

 

You were one of them. Everyone was saying it was the best conference ever even though they were losing games in November and December to lower level teams. The end result was good, but nothing close to best ever.

You were one of them. Everyone was saying it was the best conference ever even though they were losing games in November and December to lower level teams. The end result was good, but nothing close to best ever.

 

Three 1 seeds, 4 elite eight teams, a 2 final four teams is pretty solid. One of the best conference runs I've ever seen. Obviously they didn't crown the champ, UNC was the best "team". As for best conference, I think that's pretty obvious.

While I do agree, this is a very veteran MSU squad that should be playing better right out of the gate. No doubt Izzo will get them going, but the Big 11 is pretty strong this season and winning the conference will be a tough task...

 

He seems to do that...this isn't the first time, if I recall correctly, that MSU has gone into the season with some experience and high expectations only to struggle (by pre-season expectation standards at least).

 

I don't get it. And, it would be frustrating as a Spartan fan, but he sure seems to know what buttons to push in March for whatever reason.

I agree. UK being a top ranked team again is great for the SEC, but I have seen nothing so far this year to make me believe that the SEC will be that much better overall than they have been the past 2 or 3 years. That being said, Florida's win over Michigan State tonight is impressive.

 

If Kentucky and Tennessee live up to expectations, that'll be two big time teams in the SEC this year. That's better than what it's had. I wouldn't put much stock into Florida's win today though. They don't call Izzo, 10-loss Tom for nothing.

Three 1 seeds, 4 elite eight teams, a 2 final four teams is pretty solid. One of the best conference runs I've ever seen. Obviously they didn't crown the champ, UNC was the best "team". As for best conference, I think that's pretty obvious.

 

It was very strong. Having 16 teams helps. By far the best last year, just not as great as people were saying early. They didn't have a team play for the title, so greatest ever would be a reach IMO.

Miss St lost to Richmond today.......hahahahaha

 

From what little coaching experience I have had at different levels (boys and girls), you can have a great front court but like it or not the back court runs the show. I never understood why MSU was so highly rated. Sure they have a couple of big time, big guys but if they don't get touches and are in a bad position to defend what good are they but man they look good in warm ups and getting off the bus.:thumb:

Miss St lost to Richmond today.......hahahahaha

 

Miss St hasn't looked strong anyway. But Florida appears to be MUCH improved this season with some early quality wins. I think the SEC East will be loaded this season. I am not sold on the west just yet.

If Kentucky and Tennessee live up to expectations, that'll be two big time teams in the SEC this year. That's better than what it's had. I wouldn't put much stock into Florida's win today though. They don't call Izzo, 10-loss Tom for nothing.

 

However, he is a frequent visitor to the Final 4.

 

I believe that UF has a couple of quality wins already. It looks like the SEC East will be LOADED this year. I am not sold on the West.

However, he is a frequent visitor to the Final 4.

I believe that UF has a couple of quality wins already. It looks like the SEC East will be LOADED this year. I am not sold on the West.

 

Yes he does. I don't mind 10 losses a year with a good tournament run.

Also, how in the world was this game not televised?

 

After all the bad games that have been on they miss this one?

The game was on HDnet, it took a while to find it but it was on.:thumb:

This is good for UK in more than one way. 1.) UK wins a better than anyone thought SEC season and tournament. 2.) Knocks Michigan St. down in the rankings thus if UK wins the week out then they go up.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.