Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky/Morehead State Predictions

Who wins? 84 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Morehead State
      1%
    • Kentucky
      98%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Louisville beat them by 20 and I would say this years UK team is 5 points better than Louisville last year. I mean I'm giving UK some credit for how good I think they can be, and I do not like doing that, I just call it like I see it.

 

You may be right in expecting them to be firing on all cylinders is too much at this point but from what I read about last Friday's game they appeared to have most of them already warmed up.

 

 

A UK team full of freshman that have yet to play a game is better than last year's experienced UofL team? Wow!!! And people say UK fans are the unrealistic ones. :lol:

  • Replies 55
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You may be right in expecting them to be firing on all cylinders is too much at this point but from what I read about last Friday's game they appeared to have most of them already warmed up.

 

That was mainly because they were playing a local YMCA team and Wall was inserted in to the lineup. The Campbellsville game was probably a better indicator of where this team is. I expect Faried to cause some problems for Cousins. I presume the plan will be to get him in foul trouble quickly.

A UK team full of freshman that have yet to play a game is better than last year's experienced UofL team? Wow!!! And people say UK fans are the unrealistic ones. :lol:

 

Kentucky has some experience in the line-up at least as far as playing time. And Louisville vastly underachieved last year and seemed out of it a lot to me. They had some big games here and there but for the most part they didn't seem to mesh well. They have also had a lot of head cases at U of L in the last few years.

Kentucky has some experience in the line-up at least as far as playing time. And Louisville vastly underachieved last year and seemed out of it a lot to me. They had some big games here and there but for the most part they didn't seem to mesh well. They have also had a lot of head cases at U of L in the last few years.

 

 

They didn't mesh well, but yet they were still Big East regular season and tournament Champions, and the #1 seed in the tournament. If Coach Pitino could only get one of his UofL teams to mesh well. :scared::lol:

They didn't mesh well, but yet they were still Big East regular season and tournament Champions, and the #1 seed in the tournament. If Coach Pitino could only get one of his UofL teams to mesh well. :scared::lol:

 

They had their moments, but I still don't think they meshed well. They had the talent to win it all last year in my opinion but at key moments just didn't show up to play, and that was the whole point of my original statement which seems to be lost on you, that teams that want to compete for a final four need to show up to play two halves of every game and be ready to go. If I remember right too against Morehead in the tourney last year Louisville played very sloppy in the first half and still won by 20. I'm just of the opinion if UK wants to be as legit as advertised beating Morehead by 20 to 25 shouldn't be an impossible task. And that is not to take Morehead lightly, it's just a fact of the matter. U of L wasn't a final four team last year and never reached their potential in my opinion.

They had their moments, but I still don't think they meshed well. They had the talent to win it all last year in my opinion but at key moments just didn't show up to play, and that was the whole point of my original statement which seems to be lost on you, that teams that want to compete for a final four need to show up to play two halves of every game and be ready to go. If I remember right too against Morehead in the tourney last year Louisville played very sloppy in the first half and still won by 20. I'm just of the opinion if UK wants to be as legit as advertised beating Morehead by 20 to 25 shouldn't be an impossible task. And that is not to take Morehead lightly, it's just a fact of the matter. U of L wasn't a final four team last year and never reached their potential in my opinion.

 

 

You're right. Your whole point is completely lost on me. :lol:

You're right. Your whole point is completely lost on me. :lol:

 

Louisville lead 35-33 at the half on morehead in the first round last year came out to play in the second half and won the game by 20. If Louisville plays two halves they win that game in the 30's. So yes Louisville didn't mesh in the first half of that game. As they didn't at other times last season see the Elite 8.

Louisville beat them by 20 and I would say this years UK team is 5 points better than Louisville last year. I mean I'm giving UK some credit for how good I think they can be, and I do not like doing that, I just call it like I see it.

 

You may be right in expecting them to be firing on all cylinders is too much at this point but from what I read about last Friday's game they appeared to have most of them already warmed up.

 

You should probably get your eyes checked.

 

Morehead State, although they're far from a powerhouse, is a much better team than Campbellsville.

Also the only tourney game Louisville played to potential last year for two halves was second round against Arizona looking back at their performance. So yes I don't think they meshed in the NCAA tourney, maybe the Big East tourney took something out of them I don't know, it's happened to other teams before. But Louisville did not click when it counts most. In their 4 post season games last year they clicked for the entire game once. And I'm not the one who anointed Kentucky to be one of the top 2 or 3 teams in the country this year, but if they are going to be one of those teams this game should be a no brainer.

Also the only tourney game Louisville played to potential last year for two halves was second round against Arizona looking back at their performance. So yes I don't think they meshed in the NCAA tourney, maybe the Big East tourney took something out of them I don't know, it's happened to other teams before. But Louisville did not click when it counts most. In their 4 post season games last year they clicked for the entire game once. And I'm not the one who anointed Kentucky to be one of the top 2 or 3 teams in the country this year, but if they are going to be one of those teams this game should be a no brainer.

 

 

You certainly seem to be anointing them as a Final Four team. I believe most realistic fans, including UK fans, believe that is awfully heavy expectations for such a young team.

You certainly seem to be anointing them as a Final Four team. I believe most realistic fans, including UK fans, believe that is awfully heavy expectations for such a young team.

 

I'm going from what I've read on espn, cbs, fox sport, sports illustrated and countless UK fans. It is heavy expectations but Wall is easily the best player at his age since Lebron from what I've seen on youtube and in the scrimmage and exhibition game now. Every one blasted me the other day when I dared question Cousins so I must assume he is great too. Bledsoe should be a decent player as well. You already had a decent start with Patterson alone in the center. I think Perry Stevenson is a nice player that hustles and will do whatever is asked of him. Liggins and Miller help provide depth. Top to bottom this team has what it takes and I don't say that because I want to, I say it because I don't have a choice. It's just whether or not they do it that counts. And part of doing it is coming out from the get go and tearing it up.

You're right. Your whole point is completely lost on me. :lol:

 

I think I have the point. If UK does not win by 25points they are not a final 4 team and they did not mesh well together.:idunno:

Cats by 30,85-55.

I think I have the point. If UK does not win by 25points they are not a final 4 team and they did not mesh well together.:idunno:

 

No they aren't playing to potential if they don't that's the whole point.

I look for Morehead to play UK close--about a 10-15 point victory for the Cats.

 

UK fans should remember that 3 of our 4 most recent final 4 teams all lost at least one of their first three games. The 96 team lost its second game to Cal's UMASS squad. 97 team lost its opener to Clemson. 98 team lost its third game to Arizona. The exception is the 93 team that was undefeated until a road trip to Vandy (who beat us while we were ranked #1 in the country).

 

Just saying this, because I don't think we'll be a dominant team early on. The Morehead team we're playing returns 4 of 5 starters from a very good team last year. They'll be undersized, but they have some athletes (unlike Clarion & Campbellsville).

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.