Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lance Stephenson ready to dominate for Bearcats

Featured Replies

1. What's been the most impressive preseason showing so far?

 

DeCourcy: As far as what I've seen with my eyes, it's been Cincinnati freshman Lance Stephenson. I watched him practice and scrimmage last week, and it's fairly obvious he is going to have a spectacular season.

 

I sat next to a veteran NBA scout at the practice who was impressed with Stephenson's demeanor, body language and selfless play. That's because those issues were of concern when Stephenson arrived at Cincinnati from Brooklyn's Lincoln High. The scout compared him to Portland's Brandon Roy because, like Roy, Stephenson "can do it all," the scout said.

While Stephenson comported himself properly, he tore up the gym like few players I've seen in a Division I practice. Every offensive possession was another opportunity to do something extraordinary. Stephenson is the most physically powerful wing to enter college basketball since – since – I'm sorry, but I can't remember a young wing with this degree of strength. He also is a better passer than most of the top freshman point guards.

 

Stephenson should concentrate harder when taking open shots. He's great at making tough, guarded shots but tends to lose focus when presented a wide-open jumper. Right now, there aren't many more negatives.

 

Some of my competitors were debating Wednesday on Twitter who will be the top five college freshmen this season. Nobody mentioned Stephenson. They will be regretting that, soon.

 

http://www.sportingnews.com/college-basketball/article/2009-11-04/starting-five-lance-stephenson-ready-dominate-for-bearcats

All indications are that he'll be a force when / if he's cleared by the NCAA.

 

I wonder how many of the freshman point guards that Decourcey alluded to he has actually seen play?

 

Nonetheless, I'm excited to watch Stephenson play.

  • Author

I haven't talked to Mike in a few months, but I know at this time last year he had been to practices for about 20-25 schools around the country plus he goes to several AAU events a year...

This was just posted on Twitter:

 

ESPNAndyKatz Cincinnati coach Mick Cronin still hasn't heard if Lance Stephenson is eligible. He won't play until he's cleared.

This was just posted on Twitter:

 

ESPNAndyKatz Cincinnati coach Mick Cronin still hasn't heard if Lance Stephenson is eligible. He won't play until he's cleared.

 

I am glad Katz cleared that up for us.

  • Author

Lance is cleared. No suspension...

DeCourcy says this kid is a Big East POY candidate.

DeCourcy says this kid is a Big East POY candidate.

 

 

If he is THAT good and if eligibility came THAT easily, it makes you wonder why everyone and I mean everyone backed off of the recruiting of him.

Lance is cleared. No suspension...

 

Great news. Is the game tonight on locally?

  • Author
If he is THAT good and if eligibility came THAT easily, it makes you wonder why everyone and I mean everyone backed off of the recruiting of him.

The only school that actually backed off was Kansas and that was only because they filled the spot with Xavier Henry. I was sitting right next to him on his official visit when Florida, Arizona and others were blowing up his phone once word started spreading that he was in Cincinnati...

The only school that actually backed off was Kansas and that was only because they filled the spot with Xavier Henry. I was sitting right next to him on his official visit when Florida, Arizona and others were blowing up his phone once word started spreading that he was in Cincinnati...

 

Great pickup for UC, worth the risk. I always followed his recruitment because of his ties to Telfair, etc. It was a very strange couple of years for him. Bottom line, he can ball.

  • Author

4-14 from the floor and 1-3 from distance for 9 points and also pulled down 4 boards in his 18 minute debut. He had quite a few mid range jumpers that he hits at a very high clip rim out tonight. You can just tell how smooth he is in everything he does on the floor right away...

I'm actually looking forward to seeing him play. I have a good friend in grad school at UC...may have to swing up there and watch a game.

  • Author
Sound like he is the next Matt Pilgram.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.