Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Southwestern/Harlan County Predictions

Who wins 46 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Get your facts straight. Lincoln did not want to play PC last week. They were offered and did not want to give up their game vs. Garrard Co. So please don't try to play that card.

 

Here are my facts to show Lincoln wanted to play. As quoted by the danville Advocate Messenger on Oct. 2, 2009

 

But Lincoln coach Mike Settles wants to get the game played, and said Thursday night that he offered a scenario to Pulaski in which Lincoln would play three games in eight days just to get the Pulaski game in. However, Settles said Pulaski coach John Hines would not agree to that scenario. Settles said he felt Lincoln has “bent over backwards to help the situation. But unfortunately, they don’t want to go with what we’ve come up with.”

 

Now there are my facts. Lincoln was not offered by Pulaski, Lincoln pretty much begged Pulaski to play is what it looks like to me.

 

Now where are your fact to prove this false.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a month ago.

 

He asked for facts and I showed him the FACT he wanted. I cant wait to see his fact.

I hope Harlan wins but I m asure it will be difficult to win at SW.

Get a quote from the Commonwealth-Journal and see what Coach Hines had to say. Lincoln Co. was offered two other alternatives and wouldn't do it.

I looked and didnt see anything. Why dont you just look it up like I did and show me just what was said by Pulaski.

When in doubt bet on Coach Larkey. 21-20 Bears.

Looks like we have us an even race going on here!:popcorn:

Get your facts straight. Lincoln did not want to play PC last week. They were offered and did not want to give up their game vs. Garrard Co. So please don't try to play that card. Top to bottom I do think Dist 8 is better than Dist 7. If I was going to rank the playoff teams it would go like this.

 

1. Whitley Co.

2. PC (tie)

2. Letcher Co (tie)

4. SW

5. Harlan Co

6. Perry Cent

7. South Laurel

8. Mercer Co.

 

I would not be surprised to see any of the top 5 coming out of the region. Whitley is probably playing the best ball right now.

 

I think you are dead on Bucknut :bunny:

I looked and didnt see anything. Why dont you just look it up like I did and show me just what was said by Pulaski.

My understanding was that Pulaski offered to play Lincoln the last Friday of the season. Thinking being that if Lincoln had to forfeit a game forfeit the game with Garrard and not a district game. Lincoln refused that and countered that they wanted to play Pulaski on a Tuesday or Thursday and push the Garrard game back to Saturday. Pulaski refused stating that they were not going to put their players in the position to play on a short week (with no time to recover from the previous weeks game). I don't know what Lincoln coaches were thinking wanting to play their players 3 times in 8 days, borderline irresponsible IMO.

 

Jeez, I can't believe I'm defending Johnny Hines, this may be the first sign of the apocalypse.

 

I apologize for getting off topic just responding to a post.

 

SW wins this one by between 7-14 points

This game will feature two of the best in the region. Green from Harlan Co. and Mote from SW.

If people are saying that Pulaski offered Lincoln a game last Friday, then that isn't much of or a fair alternative, I mean they would still be forfeiting a game and would have to pay a forfeit fee of probably $4,000 to break the contract.

 

About the game; Harlan County is the big underdog and a win on the road in the playoffs isn't anything new to the 2nd year team but SWP is clicking and has a great team; this is probably the worst team the Blackbears could've matched up with in the playoffs because of SWP size and speed, regardless it should be a better game than the first one and I don't think anyone predicted realistically that Harlan County would've been in a 3 way tie for 1st place and sitting at 7-3 at the beginning of the season after losing so many seniors/starters from last years team and starting so many freshmen this season.

"If people are saying that Pulaski offered Lincoln a game last Friday, then that isn't much of or a fair alternative, I mean they would still be forfeiting a game and would have to pay a forfeit fee of probably $4,000 to break the contract."

 

That is a hard decision to make, but do you forfeit a district game, with a trip to the playoffs on the line, or a game that means nothing in grand scheme of things? We have beat this thing to death! It was not, is not, or ever will be Pulaski's problem to fit in a team who can not play on the date scheduled. Quit whining and complaining!!!! It happened a month ago. Are we going to postpone the playoffs to get that game in? NO!

And, I still think SW will be too much for Harlan County. It goes back to the speed thing. SW has more of it than the Black Bears. Will be a great game though!

"If people are saying that Pulaski offered Lincoln a game last Friday, then that isn't much of or a fair alternative, I mean they would still be forfeiting a game and would have to pay a forfeit fee of probably $4,000 to break the contract."

 

That is a hard decision to make, but do you forfeit a district game, with a trip to the playoffs on the line, or a game that means nothing in grand scheme of things? We have beat this thing to death! It was not, is not, or ever will be Pulaski's problem to fit in a team who can not play on the date scheduled. Quit whining and complaining!!!! It happened a month ago. Are we going to postpone the playoffs to get that game in? NO!

And, I still think SW will be too much for Harlan County. It goes back to the speed thing. SW has more of it than the Black Bears. Will be a great game though!

Not sure if that was at me or not but I'm sure not whining or complaining, just stating facts. It would've been a $4,000 penalty for Lincoln County.

 

SWP does have speed and I think it will be a dry field this Friday. Harlan County is the big underdog especially after getting beat by 4 touchdowns earlier and with SWP big DL back. Where was he the first game?

Not sure if that was at me or not but I'm sure not whining or complaining, just stating facts. It would've been a $4,000 penalty for Lincoln County.

 

SWP does have speed and I think it will be a dry field this Friday. Harlan County is the big underdog especially after getting beat by 4 touchdowns earlier and with SWP big DL back. Where was he the first game?

Just so you will know- Pulaski did not make Lincoln pay.:deadhorse:

Just so you will know- Pulaski did not make Lincoln pay.:deadhorse:

 

They wouldn't have been allowed to, because it was a sickness issue, there was no school in the county. They would've have to forfeit the game and pay Garrard County though.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.