Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Open practice cancelled

Featured Replies

and stay out...

 

You tell em RRR. :laugh:

 

Good stuff...

  • Replies 40
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and stay out...

 

 

They will be back for their annual game at Freedom Hall. :p

These make me laugh. :lol:

You should change you're cardinal to a smiling one. He looks so mad all the time it makes me think you are too.:D:D

You should change you're cardinal to a smiling one. He looks so mad all the time it makes me think you are too.:D:D

 

Its still football season. He is mad. He'll get happy when hoops tips off...

You should change you're cardinal to a smiling one. He looks so mad all the time it makes me think you are too.:D:D

 

Its still football season. He is mad. He'll get happy when hoops tips off...

 

:lol: Touche, 5wide.

I'm not buying thise crap about the UofL women already having the arena scheduled. I find that hard to believe.

 

Could it be that Tobias Harris is scheduled to begin his UofL visit on Sunday?

I'm not buying thise crap about the UofL women already having the arena scheduled. I find that hard to believe.

 

Could it be that Tobias Harris is scheduled to begin his UofL visit on Sunday?

 

 

This is straight from their schedule:

 

11/01/09 vs. NORTHERN KENTUCKY (EXH) * FREEDOM HALL 2:00 p.m. ET

 

I'd guess a scheduled exhibition game between two teams at Freedom Hall would be unbelievable...:rolleyes:

This is straight from their schedule:

 

11/01/09 vs. NORTHERN KENTUCKY (EXH) * FREEDOM HALL 2:00 p.m. ET

 

I'd guess a scheduled exhibition game between two teams at Freedom Hall would be unbelievable...:rolleyes:

 

 

 

 

The question remains when was this game scheduled? I really don't care if Kentucky practices at Louisville, but how in the world could they sign a contract like Brett Dawson's article earlier in the week stated if there was already a game scheduled at the arena? :idunno::confused:

The question remains when was this game scheduled? I really don't care if Kentucky practices at Louisville, but how in the world could they sign a contract like Brett Dawson's article earlier in the week stated if there was already a game scheduled at the arena? :idunno::confused:

 

 

I don't know when it was scheduled but I can see two things that are possible:

 

UL would have first right of refusal for open dates.

A mistake was made by someone in scheduling

 

I'll just let you know, it's not unheard of to accidentally double-book a venue.

 

I wonder if UK would consider still doing it, but move it to maybe Bellarmine or the Kentucky International Convention Center?

 

KICC may be a bit of a challenge, but it has hosted some women's games in the past, so should be able to accommodate a UK practice.

 

I'm not sure of the capacity of the arena for Bellarmine. I've been in Knight's Hall, but I don't believe they play their games there any more. I don't think it would have the capacity. It was bustin' at the seams for Trinity's graduation.

I don't know when it was scheduled but I can see two things that are possible:

 

UL would have first right of refusal for open dates.

A mistake was made by someone in scheduling

 

I'll just let you know, it's not unheard of to accidentally double-book a venue.

 

I wonder if UK would consider still doing it, but move it to maybe Bellarmine or the Kentucky International Convention Center?

 

KICC may be a bit of a challenge, but it has hosted some women's games in the past, so should be able to accommodate a UK practice.

 

I'm not sure of the capacity of the arena for Bellarmine. I've been in Knight's Hall, but I don't believe they play their games there any more. I don't think it would have the capacity. It was bustin' at the seams for Trinity's graduation.

You know it's Freedom Hall or nothing RM...

You know it's Freedom Hall or nothing RM...

 

 

Well, then, it looks like it's nothing then. :lol:

This is straight from their schedule:

 

11/01/09 vs. NORTHERN KENTUCKY (EXH) * FREEDOM HALL 2:00 p.m. ET

 

I'd guess a scheduled exhibition game between two teams at Freedom Hall would be unbelievable...:rolleyes:

 

And the UK practice was supposed to be at night, correct? 7 or 8? Should be no interference from the women's game.

 

I thought it was great to try and let the UK fans in Louisville see the team, but its not a huge loss.

And the UK practice was supposed to be at night, correct? 7 or 8? Should be no interference from the women's game.

 

I thought it was great to try and let the UK fans in Louisville see the team, but its not a huge loss.

 

 

Frankly, I have no idea what time the UK practice was supposed to be. Someone said they didn't buy the UL Women's game was true, so I posted the info from the schedule.

 

If you prefer to think there's some sort of conspiracy, go right ahead. However, I think it just didn't work out. I also pointed out that it's possible, if they want to do it, to explore other options.

Frankly, I have no idea what time the UK practice was supposed to be. Someone said they didn't buy the UL Women's game was true, so I posted the info from the schedule.

 

If you prefer to think there's some sort of conspiracy, go right ahead. However, I think it just didn't work out. I also pointed out that it's possible, if they want to do it, to explore other options.

 

I'm not upset, just saying. The first I heard of it mentioned the women's game as a positive, saying that there would already be a court setup in the arena.

 

If UofL wanted to do practice in Rupp for no real reason, I hope UK would try to stop it, so I have no problem with UofL doing it to UK if that was the situation.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.