Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cardinals 24 Giants 17

Featured Replies

After watching this game there's no way I put Eli in as a top 10 QB. He looked very mediocre at best.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Giants lose and the Cowboys win. It's been a good football day for me. Still though, the Giants are in 1st place in the NFC East. Cowboys have a big game against the Eagles in a couple weeks.

 

:ylsuper:

I'm absolutely loving the Giants the last two weeks. They put me over the top last week to win my wife's office pool and this week they put my daughters fiance over the top to win it. :dancingpa

After watching this game there's no way I put Eli in as a top 10 QB. He looked very mediocre at best.

 

He has been extremely good ever since his SB season and one bad game shouldn't be a knock on him. He has had an extremely good year thus far and should be commended for his accomplishments. He is still easily a top 10 QB.

He has been extremely good ever since his SB season and one bad game shouldn't be a knock on him. He has had an extremely good year thus far and should be commended for his accomplishments. He is still easily a top 10 QB.

 

:thumb:

 

One point though, my fear with the Giants this season is if/when they get in situations where they have to pass. Their receiving group has stepped up and exceeded expectations. They're better than many expected heading into the season. That said, they still lack a big-time, go to playmaker and those are the type of guys you need when you're in situations where you have to pass and everyone knows it. The last two weeks, Eli and the passing game hasn't even been average in those situations...

 

Overall, I'm not worried about the Giants. I believe they're still one of the top teams in the NFC. But, their lack of a big time WR is a valid concern and one that could ultimately be the difference in a legit shot at a Super Bowl or just another playoff appearance. Especially if the defense can't get it together. Sure, the secondary is banged up, but that's never been the bread and butter of this defense. The front seven isn't doing what is expected, nor required, of them for the team to be successful. If they don't get right, then the Giants are going to be in more situations where they're forced to pass with no stud on the outside to make that big play when they need it.

After watching this game there's no way I put Eli in as a top 10 QB. He looked very mediocre at best.

 

he would be in my top 10, just not my top 5.

he would be in my top 10, just not my top 5.

 

Brady, Manning, Brees, Roethlisberger, Orton, Rodgers, Schaub, Flacco, Palmer, Matt Ryan, Kurt Warner, Donovan McNabb, Favre...

 

Not saying they're all better but you could make an argument for all of these guys being ahead of Eli. Only thing Eli has IMO is a championship and a great running game. Not to mention the defense has been fantastic over the years (besides against NO)

You lost me at Orton. I didn't even finish the list, but there is no way I could ever argue that one over Eli. Is he having a better year? Sure... But for a career, Eli has definitely been consistently much better.

Not possible. Only 2 wildcards and you have 3 showing.

 

NFC South is serving a one-year ban from post-season play for allowing Jake Delhomme to masquerade as an NFL QB. :D

You lost me at Orton. I didn't even finish the list, but there is no way I could ever argue that one over Eli. Is he having a better year? Sure... But for a career, Eli has definitely been consistently much better.

 

Eli has also had a consistently better receiving core and running game along with great defenses. Now that Orton has a #1 target in Marshall you see what he can do. Now that he has a good defense you see what he can do. I think Orton is playing much better football than him right now.

General Observation Alert:

 

It's funny how a poor receiving group is an excuse for a guys like Jay Cutler, while Kyle Orton was just a bad QB. Ignore the fact that he won games in Chicago with those bad receivers...and that he posted very good numbers last year prior to an ankle sprain with those same receivers. Kyle Orton is a much better QB than people have ever given him credit for. And, that's reason #1 why I initially felt like Denver won in the trade with Chicago...

Orton is not a bad QB, I just think Eli's better... Regardless of what has happened so far this season.

Orton is not a bad QB, I just think Eli's better... Regardless of what has happened so far this season.

 

I should clarify. I wouldn't rate him ahead of Eli either. He's finally in a good situation, so he's got a chance to show how good he is. But, a 6-0 start and a few good games don't get him there just yet.

 

He is 27-12 as a starter though. That's pretty good. But, Eli has a Super Bowl...that's better than pretty good.

I also agree that Orton is playing better than Eli this year, Blue Magic... But one thing to remember is that before the season started, we were all asking who Eli was going to pass to and it was he that had the questionable receiving core.

 

Steve Smith and Mario Manningham have probably overachieved to an extent so far this season, and I'll be interested to see if they keep it up over the course of the entire season. Smith has come back to Earth over the last couple of weeks, so we'll see what happens there.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.