Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County 21 Lexington Catholic 13

Featured Replies

Boyle held in check the second half by Catholics D.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice defensive effort by LC in the 2nd half.

  • Author

All the damage was done in the first few minutes of the game for boyle. Mcshara broke off a couple of 70+ yard runs and looked be to clicking early. Second half was a different story with Catholics D stepping it up. A potent short passing game kept Boyle on its heels the second half. Boyle's D didn't break though and held on enough to get the win. Good test for the rebels.

Edited by holloj82
spell check

Congrats to Boyle Co and all their posters here on BGP.:ylsuper:

Sounds like a good effort by Lex Cath .... but you have to start playing from the very first snap gentlemen! Now that you know you can do it, finish the season strong and get them in the post season.

Good job for Lex Cath. I hope that everyone stops with the "Lex Cath is really down this year" statements. They are a really good football team that fights to the very end. But I agree they need to come out of the blocks quickly.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule 13

Boyle Co.

 

5-8-91 passing yards 1 TD

37-238 rushing yards 2 TDS

10 first downs

3 for 8 on 3rd downs

1 for2 on 4th downs

5 penalties for 37 yards

Mcshara 19 rushes for 235 yards 1 TD 59 yards on a hook and ladder for a td

 

 

Catholic

23-20 yards rushing 1TD

20-34-185 yards passing

7for 14 on 3rd downs

0 for 2 on 4th downs

6 penalties for 60 yards

Sounds like 4A is tighter than I previously thought.

I thought both teams were impressive tonight and played their hearts out. Boyle found out that the road to the potential rematch with Bell will have to be earned and LC found out they will have a good shot at Boyle in what is sure to be a rematch for the district title in November.

Good win for the Rebels. Gotta keep it going next week.:dancingpa

Congrats to the Rebels I think that we will see these 2 playing again unless Holmes can slip in there and beat Catholic which isn't impossible.IMO

All I have to say is don't let the score fool you. :rolleyes:

 

Granted I was in Miami Saturday morning and listened to the first 3 quarters on the radio and watched the 4th quarter live, much like the last time these two teams met, it was obvious who is and was the better team. If my opinion makes me the bad guy or whatever, I can handle that. I am not nor will I be convinced that LexCath can beat us this year. I am not convinced they will ever score more than 13 points against us in a game, let alone hold us to 21 points if we meet again. I guess we shall see if there is a rematch. That's why they play the game, right? Seeing is believing and I don't believe in moral victories.

Sounds like Boyle did not play their A GAME. They survived this game and are still the clear cut favorite in 4A.

Sounds like Boyle did not play their A GAME. They survived this game and are still the clear cut favorite in 4A.

 

I still think Bell County is the favorite. They are the champs until they are beaten and that task looks to be insurmountable as each week passes and Bell County is getting better and better. Bell County has already proven that they know how to beat Boyle County:isurrender:

 

You can try to play the underdog role, but you guys have what we want. You are not underdogs.:D:thumb:

 

I do think Bell and Boyle are 1 and 2 followed by Lone Oak at 3.

 

I haven't seen Lone Oak play, but LexCath was able to put up points on Lone Oak, something they couldn't do against Boyle. I think the state championship is likely to be played at Rebel Stadium the day after Thanksgiving if Bell and Boyle finish out the rest of the season the way they are expected to.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.