Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Passing on "your teams" to your kids

Featured Replies

I have no influence.

I like the Reds, they like the Yankees

They like the Giants in football

AND THEY LIKE HIGHLANDS...sad I tell, truly sad.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Growing up as a kid I played outside daylight till dark. Dad is like Bob Villa (can pretty much build anything). He would always be working on something and would have Marty + Joe on the radio. I was a diehard Reds fan!

UK basketball was a no brainer in this area. Cawood on the radio, players on the team we knew etc.

Dad liked the Browns as a kid but the Bengals were who was always on. When I was really young the Cowboys were Americas team so that was my first Pro love along with the Steelers ironically. Those were the clothes my parents bought me when I was really little. I choose the Cowboys. I ran away from home when I was 5 over a pair of Tony Dorsett Pro Keds turf shoes lol. I packed all my underwear in a bag and hid under the neighbors willow tree till I got scared. I liked the Bengals too because they were always on.

Those are still my favorite teams but over the years I've liked some players and enjoyed going to games that aren't too far like Indy and Tenn football wise. I liked D. Brooks, W. Dunn and Alstott in college + thought Dungy was 1st class so that's how I started liking the Bucs.

Pro basketball it was all about MJ!

I had Steve Hamilton for a class while I was at Morehead. While I was always a Donnie Baseball fan and loved the tradition of the Yankees he took it too a knew level. One of the best story tellers I've ever heard. He played with Mantle etc.

My kids will like UK because that's how it is. :lol:

I always disliked the so-called "America's teams" (Cowboys, Braves). They weren't my teams, and I'm an American. Just seemed presumptious.

 

Back in the mid-80s, we used to somehow collect pencils of all the NFL teams. To pass the time, we would put all the pencils in a bag, each pick one, and pretend we had to play each other with the team whose pencil we had. When he would draw the Cowboys pencil our of the bag, he would cry.

 

I taught him well...

In my situation, I hate UK Basketball, both my sons like UK.

 

I love Duke Basketball, my oldest son loves Duke before UK, my youngest has Duke as his 2nd favorite after UK.

 

I love FSU Football, my oldest loves FSU football. We all like UK football.

 

I like the Bucs and the Pats(whatever Randy Moss' current team is), both of my boys

love the Giants.

 

I am an unabashed Laker and Kobe Bryant fan. My oldest likes TMac, my youngest loves Chris Paul and they both hate on Kobe every chance they get.

 

I tried to pass on my loves, but they have minds of their own for the most part.

We went to visit my family in Alabama this past week and did a little sports gear shopping. We have a grandson that will be born at any minute. We bought all kinds of Alabama stuff for him. He will be holding a Alabama football the day he is born LOL.

My rotten kid, has my 2 year old granddaughter doing the Gator Chomp. She's going to feel real left out, when her grandfather, who is paying for college, sends her to USF. :p

I always disliked the so-called "America's teams" (Cowboys, Braves). They weren't my teams, and I'm an American. Just seemed presumptious.

 

Back in the mid-80s, we used to somehow collect pencils of all the NFL teams. To pass the time, we would put all the pencils in a bag, each pick one, and pretend we had to play each other with the team whose pencil we had. When he would draw the Cowboys pencil our of the bag, he would cry.

 

I taught him well...

 

I LOVED those pencils! I still have one unopened set. AFC and NFC.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.