Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Wall - Preseason Player of the Year

Featured Replies

Don't get me wrong, I bleed blue. But to name a kid as a preseason All American when he has not even played a game is ridiculous IMHO. I hope that Wall lives up to all the hype, and I believe he very well can. But I think that he and the rest of the UK squad need to ignore this preseason hype and just play hard. If they do that, it will all fall into place.

Don't get me wrong, I bleed blue. But to name a kid as a preseason All American when he has not even played a game is ridiculous IMHO. I hope that Wall lives up to all the hype, and I believe he very well can. But I think that he and the rest of the UK squad need to ignore this preseason hype and just play hard. If they do that, it will all fall into place.

 

It's not wrong or ridiculous. People get paid to analyze, scout and determine how good certain players are. It's not trying to hype them up, the media and fans are the ones who take this stuff out of hand and put all of these expectations on the players.

There is a lot of outside pressure from UK fans on John Wall, but I honestly believe he is the type of player that will overcome it because he is simply not affected by it. Now I could be wrong, I mean the kid hasn't even played 1 game yet, but the way he acts and seems just leads me to believe that.

 

 

He's fast enough to outrun the pressure.

Don't get me wrong, I bleed blue. But to name a kid as a preseason All American when he has not even played a game is ridiculous IMHO. I hope that Wall lives up to all the hype, and I believe he very well can. But I think that he and the rest of the UK squad need to ignore this preseason hype and just play hard. If they do that, it will all fall into place.

 

I'm sure that it has happened numerous times before. Had LeBron had to go to college for one year, I'm sure, he would have been a preseason All American.

I am also very excited to watch UK this year. Good to see the basketball fire once again burning in the Big Blue Nation

I am also very excited to watch UK this year. Good to see the basketball fire once again burning in the Big Blue Nation[/quote

 

:thumb::thumb: :dancingpa

I really don't see how anyone can jumdge his ability that well, but I know there are people who make a living doing so. I think if he isn't POY then he will be close and in the running. Kinda like ranking a team 1st or 2nd without seeing them play together. I just like it because its the potential more than a definite.

  • Author
Don't get me wrong, I bleed blue. But to name a kid as a preseason All American when he has not even played a game is ridiculous IMHO. I hope that Wall lives up to all the hype, and I believe he very well can. But I think that he and the rest of the UK squad need to ignore this preseason hype and just play hard. If they do that, it will all fall into place.

 

I think America realized how special some of these freshman can be when we watched Kevin Durant dominate & Greg Oden lead Ohio State to the Final 4...

I hope Wall lives up to thes monstrous expectations, he could really be something. He should explode in Calipari's offense.

 

Aminu is very athletic and creates alot of match up problems. I also like Singler from Duke he is very clutch.

It will be interesting to see how JW performs while carrying all the weight of expectations on his shoulders, personally I think he will be everything he is being projected to be and will go down as one of the best freshman to ever wear the blue and white...

I think America realized how special some of these freshman can be when we watched Kevin Durant dominate & Greg Oden lead Ohio State to the Final 4...

 

:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.